Casemiro (Out)

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Asking Casemiro to play box to box rather than just a sitting midfielder was his downfall. Not sure why this season we decided to make a tactical switch and continue with Casemiro in the team.

His legs look gone (has he ever had legs?) because he has played out of position pretty much all season when fit.

The same with Amrabat.

Rojofiam

Rooney perhaps? Henry was pretty awful in his final year at Barca. Torres of course but that was mitigating circumstances rather than age.
Ronaldo from 21/22 to 22/23 but even in his first season back at United he was nowhere near the player the masses thought he was tbh...but 22/23 was a huge drop off IMO even compared to that

Red00012

If it’s true he made up an injury because he wasn’t starting the final he needs to be shipped out immediately

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If it’s true he made up an injury because he wasn’t starting the final he needs to be shipped out immediately
I don't think he faked an injury I think he's thrown his toys out the bag at not starting as he had done a job for the team playing CB several games and now we have CBs he's dropped to bench for his performances and he's blown up at ETH who subsequently has said get dressed, your in the stands. I don't think he "Refused" to play but fell out with Ten Hag due to not starting is the rumour going round.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Rooney dropped off pretty gradually I'd say. The reason for his drop in output between 11/12 and 12/13 was the arrival of van Persie, which meant he played a different role and no longer took penalties. And he actually had a pretty decent goalscoring season under Moyes.
For someone who wasn't the total pro and had been playing since he was 16, it's a testament to his talent and abilities that he was still kind of productive even during his last two seasons at United.

Madrid22

Supports
Real Madrid
Here in Madrid we celebrated the sale of Casemiro. He was already old and playing poorly. But we didn't expect such huge amount for him. We opened champagne. Don't buy old players you're rich and top level club yet. You're making bad signings in the last many years and we don't understand why when you're still very rich. Florentino copied United and was his reference model for making a more modern competitive management. But somehow you lost it and football misses you in the top. City is the opposite and we can't even say why because we are cancelled if we do.

Adz_99

In fairness to Casemiro, without him last season we probably don't qualify for Champions League or win the League Cup.

Is that worth £60m? Possibly not. But it's something at least.

lex talionis

In fairness to Casemiro, without him last season we probably don't qualify for Champions League or win the League Cup.

Without Casemiro the previous season that season would have gone to the dogs -- no CL and no League Cup. He was definitely worth every penny spent on him. But we all witnessed his calamitous decline last season.

NoPace

I tried to figure out how much the CL was worth it but a lot of the money came down to sponsorship bonuses and I gave up, but it seemed like the Casemiro deal was fine all in all.

The problems the last few years are the massive fees on Sancho, Mount and Antony.