Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Fred would be playing in his natural role ie that of box to box. The problem would not be Fred but Bruno. Can Bruno play in the role of an advanced playmaker? Does he have the passing range for it?
That's where senior Eriksen comes in. If we play a 4 3 3 with Casemiro the 8's would have to be Fred and Eriksen. On paper it makes sense even with Fred's dodgy ball handling skills.

Godfather

Fred would be playing in his natural role ie that of box to box. The problem would not be Fred but Bruno. Can Bruno play in the role of an advanced playmaker? Does he have the passing range for it?
He'll have to or he'll be benched. We have Eriksen to do that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That's where senior Eriksen comes in. If we play a 4 3 3 with Casemiro the 8's would have to be Fred and Eriksen. On paper it makes sense even with Fred's dodgy ball handling skills.
I agree but as the formation suggest there can only be 3 CM in a 4-3-3 system. Bruno would either have to beat competition from Eriksen or else play as a false 9. Can he do that?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thats a big IF. Whats the point in mugging him off if you're resting on such a huge assumption, considering the narrative since May in Barcelona was that he outright does not want to join us? We were mugs for pursuing in spite of this. He did nothing wrong.
I do get that and said I felt he probably didn't want to come. But we don't know either way. So my point is, whilst is possible he did give us reassurance over wanting to come, then why are our supporters still going on about him? He's potentially mugged us all off.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Restructuring due to COVID. It's not a typical flat contract, instead it was backloaded. He's on 20M for this season because he was on 12M total the previous two(9+3)
Oh, I didn't realise that he had lowered his salary (overall, not just for those seasons) when he had signed the prolongation in 2020. He was on crazy money originally.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Another aging player like matic. We still haven't learned
Nobody wants to join us right now. Up and coming stars don't want United. We need to stabilize first so we can negotiate from a position of power again. Casemiro would be the DM we've been desperate for for years, yes he's a stop gap signing until we find someone young, but if we get 3 good years out of him then it'd be a success. Aim for his replacement to be younger. But this is the price we have to pay to stop our current free fall. Spend big on a 30 year old star, keep him motivated at United, get a DM finally and start implementing a proactive system with a midfielder who can win the ball back finally. Then work on the rest.

MegadrivePerson

This would be an incredible signing if we can get the deal over the line!

He might be 30, but he is one of the best players in the world in his position! He's the type that could play for another five to six years much like Fernandinho at City.

Considering how bad some of the other names we have been linked with are, I honestly can't believe anybody would be against this signing.

NewYorkRed

Said at the start of this thread when everyone was dismissing it that I think we have a decent shot of making this happen. I think we will get it over the line unless Carlo tells him he’s vital to his plans still.

spiriticon

Casemiro and Eriksen could work, but my god we are going to pay a lot of money and wages for him, aren't we?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck if this actually happens... It would just make me pissed off at why did we leave it this late. Dumb twats.

But as a player, we are in desperate need of a DM. If we want to build up with Eriksen deep as well, a DM like Casemiro to partner is also vital. Would be a huge improvement. Would stabilize us. And then we could start working from a position of strength again in future windows.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ornstein said:
A United delegation travelled [...] earlier this week for talks. At present no agreement has been reached with [the club] or the player — but talks are advancing and United would be unlikely to be dedicating so much time to the move if they did not think it was achievable.
We aren't the best judges of focussing on what is achievable.

yamo123x

Cant see this happening, despite my initial excitement.

Was best player on the pitch in super league final be surprised to see him let go.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree but as the formation suggest there can only be 3 CM in a 4-3-3 system. Bruno would either have to beat competition from Eriksen or else play as a false 9. Can he do that?
Who cares? If he can’t he’s on the bench. He should be there on current form anyway

Scholsey2004

Another aging player like matic. We still haven't learned
Huge wages. 5 year contract. 30 years old. So when he's 34 he'll still be on well over 300k a week. Also hard to ignore the fact that we're trying to buy a player over 30 for €70m who has been replaced by a 22 year old for €85m i believe. He's a top player but this is nothing like the value of the failed De Jong deal. On paper it looks like what it probably is, a big name Joel Glazer signing. Dont get me wrong, he'd be a very good signing right now but this isnt a transfer with any great intelligence behind it.

Rolaholic

Casemiro and Eriksen could work, but my god we are going to pay a lot of money and wages for him, aren't we?
Well we can't really offer a winning project yet so it's just about the only thing we can offer players of that level...

Nickelodeon

Hmmm really
Been burnt way too many times. Anyways, personally not even convinced if he's the guy ETH wants. While the pedigree does fit (UCL titles and what not like Varane's case), does the profile of the player fit? Is he going to be the guy to receive the ball from the keeper like we've tried to do in the first two matches?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Huge wages. 5 year contract. 30 years old. So when he's 34 he'll still be on well over 300k a week. Also hard to ignore the fact that we're trying to buy a player over 30 for €70m who has been replaced by a 22 year old for €85m i believe. He's a top player but this is nothing like the value of the failed De Jong deal. On paper it looks like what it probably is, a big name Joel Glazer signing.
Despite there being a tweet on this page where David Ornstein says the massive salary increase is wide of the mark?

Real Name

Funny reading posts what will happen in 4 years. We get Casemiro now and still have him in 4 years on same wages and that's why we shouldnt go for him now.
Strange, strange posts.

Salford_Red83

This feels incredibly short sighted - have we learnt nothing.
We almost certainly wont get top 4 this year (even with Casemiro) so why sign an aging star on huge wages when we could buy a genuine prospect elsewhere
Because there's no real guarantee that a "prospect" will work out, and we are in very real danger right now of being left behind by City, Pool et al.
We no longer have the luxury of buying players and hoping they come good. The alternative to either of these is McFred and we all know how much of. disaster that is.

We need calm and experienced heads in our team, to help steady the ship and kick on from there.

Its honestly baffling me people turning their noses up at signings like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.