Castles: Man Utd return for Zlatan in January is on the cards and will open up funds for Mourinho

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Raw

What a huge boost that would be. Wonder if it's possible to have Lukaku and Ibrahimovic up front :lol:

AndyJ1985

As an impact sub I'd be happy to have Zlatan back.

Also good news that Mourinho wants a full back.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As an impact sub I'd be happy to have Zlatan back.

Also good news that Mourinho wants a full back.
It won't be a Semedo. He is going to Barca.

QUOTE="carvajal, post: 21182577, member: 94214"]Agreement Barça-Semedo. 30m€[/QUOTE]

vodrake

But "ultra reliable" Richard Keys said he's about to sign for LA Galaxy

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What a huge boost that would be. Wonder if it's possible to have Lukaku and Ibrahimovic up front :lol:
It would be worth setting up in a 3-5-2 just to make this happen.

Great news having Zlats back among the squad. If we're lucky we can squeeze another season out of him after this one.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good if we get an injury. Otherwise it shouldn't be necessary. I like him a lot, but we should be in a position that we don't need him. So far this transfer window we haven't any news that particularly suggests we're moving forward.

mswiss

Good if we get an injury. Otherwise it shouldn't be necessary. I like him a lot, but we should be in a position that we don't need him. So far this transfer window we haven't any news that particularly suggests we're moving forward.
He dropped pretty deep a lot, it would be interesting to see him and Lukaku play up top together. Im not really sure if it would work well. We'll also have a lot of games next season so it'd be nice to have some rotation options.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Was obvious, he couldn't quit before winning the league.
He always win the title for all clubs he's played.

IMakeThingsUp

In some swedish media it is reported that his recovery is baffling the medical team at MU and at this rate he could be back in October.. .

JuanMata

Great news if true. Would be interesting to see how we fit both Lukaku and Zlatan in the same team though, I'd imagine one would be benched

vodrake

Great news if true. Would be interesting to see how we fit both Lukaku and Zlatan in the same team though, I'd imagine one would be benched
They could suit each other in a pairing, at least in certain situations.

Holding the ball up is meant to be one of Lukaku's weaknesses but is one of Ibra's strengths. Could see Ibra in the target man role, collecting the ball, holding it up, and then playing through to Lukaku running in behind. Would give defenders nightmares

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He dropped pretty deep a lot, it would be interesting to see him and Lukaku play up top together. Im not really sure if it would work well. We'll also have a lot of games next season so it'd be nice to have some rotation options.
I can't imagine the movement in the opposition half would be up to much. We need to improve it but that would potentially make it worse than last season.
Rotation could be good, but I can't see us going too far in Europe and Rashford should be ready to step in a lot.

R77

Would be good news, hope it's true. As long as he's happy to play a reduced role, if necessary.

I think in some games and situations, with his hold up play and ability to bring others in, Ibra as a 10/SS behind Lukaku would be mental. Defenders and DMs trying to cope with those two and Rashford's pace, Pogba pinging balls round at the same time would be brutal. A great rotation option to have too, for cup matches and late on in a game to bully tired defenders.

He's obviously been a positive influence about the place in general too. Good development all round.

Reactions: SteveJ

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Don't have to sign another striker for money.
Utd have Lukaku, Rashford and Martial. Why would they need to sign another striker? I'd actually bite your hand off for a backup striker like Martial..

Castia

I want him.

Can you imagine the mid season boost it will give the team having Zlatan back? Sign him up :drool:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Definitely down with this. It means we've basically just replaced Rooney with Lukaku, rather than Zlatan, which makes our summer business look a lot more like a significant squad improvement.

He'll almost certainly be gone the following summer anyway, so any notion he's inhibiting Rashford is premature. It also keeps a goal scoring spot in the squad warm, that can still potentially be filled by Greizmann next year.

Dante

Average bang
Not a good sign, imo.

I was hoping that with Lukaku and Rashford as our two choices for the lone striker role, we'd play a system that made use of their mobility.

If Jose sees Zlatan as a viable addition to out striking options, it means we're set to play the same slow paced attacking football as last season. I really hope we don't have another system where the front man is going to be a maypole the rest of the front players dance around, rather than an active runner in his own right. It was so predictable and easy to nullify once we got into the box. The only way to make it work is with a Pedro or Walcott type wideman who's adept at cutting into the box and finding space. We don't have that, but we do have shiny new striker that can shift it. Bringing in Ibrahimovic would be a retrograde step for our evolution.

BarstoolProphet

Add Jan Koller up front with Zlatan and Lukaku and we would score 84 times in 90 mins if we set us up to play like against Fulham under Moyes.

prtk0811

Not a good sign, imo.

I was hoping that with Lukaku and Rashford as our two choices for the lone striker role, we'd play a system that made use of their mobility.

If Jose sees Zlatan as a viable addition to out striking options, it means we're set to play the same slow paced attacking football as last season. I really hope we don't have another system where the front man is going to be a maypole the rest of the front players dance around, rather than an active runner in his own right. It was so predictable and easy to nullify once we got into the box. The only way to make it work is with a Pedro or Walcott type wideman who's adept at cutting into the box and finding space. We don't have that, but we do have shiny new striker that can shift it. Bringing in Ibrahimovic would be a retrograde step for our evolution.
Ibrahimovic can play in the hole very well too because of his build up play and as a second striker.