Castles: Man Utd return for Zlatan in January is on the cards and will open up funds for Mourinho

OldTrevil

I don't want to get ahead of myself but imagine for a second the feeling of the chasing pack if we are top of the league with Zlatan set to return.

podurban2

I don't want to get ahead of myself but imagine for a second the feeling of the chasing pack if we are top of the league with Zlatan set to return.
A pretty good feeling. And you know he will instil a mentality in the dressing room where winning is the only option.

Josep Dowling

Personally think this would be a disaster.

Zlatan won't be happy sitting on the bench once fit whilst Lukaku cost £75m and he will have similar feelings.

Plus Rashford will be forced to play on the wing which he can't do and is a waste of his talent.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will fit nicely as an advanced number 10 moving to a 9 when needed. If fit makes perfect sense.

podurban2

Personally think this would be a disaster.

Zlatan won't be happy sitting on the bench once fit whilst Lukaku cost £75m and he will have similar feelings.

Plus Rashford will be forced to play on the wing which he can't do and is a waste of his talent.
I have the same worries about Lukaku and Zlatan, but I think Mou will make it work. Lukaku asked Zlatan personally if he could get the #9 shirt, so they probably respect each other. At the end of the day they are winners and that's all that will matter.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Please no, call me pedantic but I don't want a striker with a 12% conversion ratio back at the club.

Scholsey2004

What a huge boost that would be. Wonder if it's possible to have Lukaku and Ibrahimovic up front :lol:
Zlatan as a second striker would be terrific and imo the best possible scenario considering whats on the market.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Might be a bit more excited if we had some exciting new players to provide better, quicker football than last season, but we don't really yet.

If zlatan stays then thats the best news of the window.
Erghh. So more of the same is great news.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Predictions for the:

• Full back
  • Holding midfielder
  • Number 10 / Winger?
Fabinho 35+5 million
Matic 32 million
Sanchez 45-60 million

Tota spend in the summer 230 million.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Would be great - hoped for this from the very beginning. And I think we should strip Lukaku of his number and give it back to Ibra - seems like a good tradition to have, toughens up those youngsters.

The White Pele

A pretty good feeling. And you know he will instil a mentality in the dressing room where winning is the only option.
To be fair, we said this last season and we finished 6th. He's a great role model, no doubt, but I wouldn't credit him with changing the mentality of the squad.

Tarrou

Pretty good win for us if true. He has a great influence on team morale, I reckon, and will give us more options going into the second half of the season. Great for Lukaku to have around too, you'd have thought.

edcunited1878

3-5-2 for days...A duo of Ibra and Lukaku up front with Rashford behind and anchored by Herrera and Pogba. Valencia pinching from the right wing to support Herrera. Shaw or a stay-at-home left wing. There's always hope!

James Peril

Would be great to get Zlatan back in the squad, especially for his experience, assets - and to create fear. Imagine him coming onto the pitch when needing a goal, it kind of creates a whole different fear compared to seeing Fellaini lumping forward in the 80th minute. Would he accept being on the bench more than not though? Probably under the right circumstances, even Zlatan knows he is getting older now.

Reactions: Invictus

parkthebuslads

This summer, every decision Jose has made or apparently has wanted to make has left me less and less optimistic for next season and the football he wants us to play. The signs are he simply doesn't recognize the problems we have or cares.

barmyarmy

Reading the article "jose wants a player in second line of attack who can play on wings and as no.10". Are we in for sanchez, maybe perisic is just a smoke screen:drool:

frank lee madeer..

Your scenario ?

Imagine for a second how scared the chasing pack would be if we dropped the striker who had fired us to the top of the league for the guy who fired us to 6 th....do you actually believe that ?

They'd be over the fecking moon.

AndyJ1985

Your scenario ?

Imagine for a second how scared the chasing pack would be if we dropped the striker who had fired us to the top of the league for the guy who fired us to 6 th....do you actually believe that ?

They'd be over the fecking moon.
Surely he was suggesting we'd have Zlatan for backup. At least that's what I hope. Anyone who wants Zlatan to be our first choice striker again is fecking stupid, to be blunt.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair, we said this last season and we finished 6th. He's a great role model, no doubt, but I wouldn't credit him with changing the mentality of the squad.
Yeah, let's not kid ourselves. When it was suggested that Jose needs a big clearout a bit into last season most agreed because too many weren't doing this business. Nothing is going to change this coming season if we don't make real changes.

frank lee madeer..

Surely he was suggesting we'd have Zlatan for backup. At least that's what I hope. Anyone who wants Zlatan to be our first choice striker again is fecking stupid, to be blunt.
I like zlatan , the character, but the overblown love in for him on here is just plain awkward. We were shite as an attacking unit with him as the point.

I agree with you, he's back up.

edcunited1878

His recovery time and anyone's recovery time was always going to be 6 to 9 months. Logically, this makes sense to any club wanting to sign him. He'll need match time and understand how his body responds before, during and after a match then has to understand how his body recovers after doing that for a few weeks.

We're a long ways off from seeing the actual decision he makes, but it would be extremely fun to see this happen. A decent indicator of this happening is what number Lukaku gets. If Lukaku gets 10, then the fires will be stoked for Ibra retaining 9, if he resigns.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
3-5-2 for days...A duo of Ibra and Lukaku up front with Rashford behind and anchored by Herrera and Pogba. Valencia pinching from the right wing to support Herrera. Shaw or a stay-at-home left wing. There's always hope!
Two contradictory things following one another.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Not sure how this works now we have Lukaku, but if he still wants to play here and is going to be fit for half the season, why not