Cavani gets 3 match ban from FA for his social media post

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh for feck sake. Probably found out he was injured and decided to delay it for maximum impact. cnuts.

Cloud7

Not surprised. Don't think the club fighting against this is going to work either. Best we can hope for is that he doesn't get a long ban.

Delano

It seemed likely; even though it's completely ridiculous.

This now means that the FA is the jurisdiction for how Spanish speaking people use their native language.

3 Match ban just in time for Christmas. Crazy.

Murray3007

Surely it will be just the same suspension as Bernardo Silva got a few years back?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Oh for feck sake. Probably found out he was injured and decided to delay it for maximum impact. cnuts.
I mean I don't want to get the tinfoil hat out but yeah they normally decide on these things a lot quicker than this

Smores

It seemed likely; even though it's completely ridiculous.

This now means that the FA is the jurisdiction for how Spanish speaking people use their native language.

3 Match ban just in time for Christmas. Crazy.
Only if they're playing in a league regulated by the FA. Not quite as dramatic :lol:

Personally think it's the club that should have got a small fine and Cavani just a warning.

The Firestarter

Absolute cretins. Wasn't the guy in question Caucasian even ? Where is the racial reference ?

EireRed_GS

I thought after hearing they were bringing south american linguistics experts to analyse it, that sense and logic would prevail, but it seems the FA were intend on taking some form of action nonetheless.

Hopefully just a fine of some sort and the club pay it :wenger: But a ban in the new year more than likely. he'll prob miss the game at Anfield on Jan17th

GMoore23

We should appeal it if anything to delay the ban until we get the festive run of fixtures out of the way.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Call me a cynic but they seemed to have announced this punishment within the same few days he returned to training from his injury. Why wasn't he sanctioned immediately? Clearly didn't want him serving his ban whilst he was unable to play anyway.

YAMS49

Inevitable charge, 3 game ban incoming, I doubt we appeal. My only question would be the timing, almost like they waited until we has available again.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm still not convinced this will be a 3 game ban.... or a ban of any kind. (maybe one game at most)

YAMS49

We should have announced he was injured until the end of Jan & then just played him for every game anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm still not convinced this will be a 3 game ban.... or a ban of any kind. (maybe one game at most)
That’s not how it works. The minimum imposition *is* 3 games. He has been charged so it will be 3 games, unless we are successful in our appeal (should we choose to do so).

DanClancy

That’s not how it works. The minimum imposition *is* 3 games. He has been charged so it will be 3 games, unless we are successful in our appeal (should we choose to do so).
Has he been charged with a different offence then Bernardo Silva then?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
When there’s a movement with players taking a knee and everything else going on this year it was pretty obvious they wouldn’t take anything even questionably racist lightly.

Unfortunate but pointless for United to take any action.

yamo123x

Absolute disgrace this...

I hope Troy Deeney Ian wright troy townsend and all over the bangwagon jumpers are happy.

Not one of them knew what the word meant or the context, but they joined in the clamour from the vile media and the FA took the bait..

Shocking

ash_86

Ride out December fixtures and appeal one day prior to the deadline.