Cavani, Hit or Big Hit?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's the game that without doubt secures "Hit" status.

r0663664

Worships Man City
1. Because he hadn’t played regularly for a long time when he arrived.
2. Because he was quarantined for 16 days
3. Because he was muscle injured and had 2 knocks which added another 42 days of absence.
4. Because F.A are racists and punishes players speaking romance languages based on the retarded idea that if two words in two languages are similar then the racist colonial british meaning of the word trumphs the actual meaning of the word.
5. Because Ole haven’t played him enough despite him by far being the best cf-option (I really like Martial but he is no cforward)

Cavani would surely have scored as many goals as Kane if he had taken penalties and free kicks and played as many minutes.
The argument that Cavani isn’t the future and that Man Utd therefore should go after someone else is legit. Any argument that paints Cavani as a bad choice because he doesn’t score enough goals as a cf is half-whitted.
I hope he stay another season. Buying a new striker doesn't guarantee success. Stay one more season and let Greenwood continue his development. Perhaps there is another youngster eagerly waiting for a chance in the reserve. I think it is far better option.

MrBest

I never expected Cavani to have the impact he has this season, hats off to him. The other promising addition he has given us is the mentoring of Greenwood. He has really grown up in the last few months.

dave1956

Watching the last few games, there does seem to be a understanding develo[ping between him and Greenwood, I can only assume that Cavani is mentoring him in training, and Greenwood seems to be a willing disciple.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Makes me sad that he's missed so many games of this season as it is, feels like Henrik Larsson, we really need to do all we can to keep him even if it's just for 6 months more.

tomaldinho1

Watching the last few games, there does seem to be a understanding develo[ping between him and Greenwood, I can only assume that Cavani is mentoring him in training, and Greenwood seems to be a willing disciple.
They can’t even speak to each other :lol:
I’m imagining a really wholesome relationship like Evra - Park developing where they just hang around and enjoy each other’s company without having a clue what the other is saying.

BULB

Such a good player.

A pity he spent the best years of his career racking up goals against teams that would struggle in the EFL.

dinostar77

Can we lock this thread now. It was silly in the first place. Obviously a hit and a proper striker. Lets hope we can keep him for another year.

Gator Nate

More than that, Mason's starting to emulate Ed a bit (he's still got his own excellent skill set) when Ed's not on the field.

reddevilz007

Martial needs to be listening more to Cavani’s instructions, especially if he wants to take his game to the next level

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The worst thing about him signing for us is that we didn't do it sooner. One of the few signings I threw all positivity into and so glad the man has put all he can in. Please give one more year at least!!!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Turning into an absolute belter of a signing. His movement is unworldly - some of the best I’ve seen at United

arnie_ni

Who has better movement in world football apart from maybe Ronaldo?

His finishing can be hit or miss but he always finds space.

arnie_ni

I remember we used to get linked with him a lot and I always thought it would be a mistake.

Im an idiot, he should be a united legend. Frustrating.
Any time I seen him for psg he used to waste so many chances and just seemed a disappointment.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I remember we used to get linked with him a lot and I always thought it would be a mistake.

Im an idiot, he should be a united legend. Frustrating.
We were linked to him and Falcao a lot. They were superstars too. Hard to believe we got them both in the end...

At the wrong time of their careers.

Shark

@NotShark
Masterstroke from Ole and our scouts picking up this guy. The crazy thing also is he could have even more goals if not for his suspension/injuries

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Any time I seen him for psg he used to waste so many chances and just seemed a disappointment.
That was my feeling too, saw him in big games missing lots of chances and thought he was overrated.

Want him to get those goals in a full stretford end.

arnie_ni

That was my feeling too, saw him in big games missing lots of chances and thought he was overrated.

Want him to get those goals in a full stretford end.
Same. Then of course we didn't watch him enough to appreciate his movement and all the work he puts in off the ball.

Aint gota Kalou

I can't remember seeing a better header of the ball than him at United. Maybe Ronaldo and Rooney for a season?