Cavani, Hit or Big Hit?

Ranie

Absolutely love the guy. It’s a shame that this type of striker is getting rare in today’s game.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Not sure how anyone could have him in the miss category by now

Bwuk

What a player. Mental that PSG got rid, he’s miles better than Icardi.

Skills

Snitch
Imagine if we got him from Napoli.
As much as I loved Robin Van Persie but I feel like there were quite a few other options we could've bought that summer or the one before who might've been long term for not much more money-

Lewandowski
Cavani
Aguero (if we moved for him in 2010)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Better than Martial, who I almost forgot still played for us.
That was obvious no? It was only a question mark over fitness... I rate Martial though, last seasons Martial... get that guy back.

On topic, I hope Cavani sticks around for a while.

mu4c_20le

Everyone knows his qualities as a 9, but his presence on the pitch is invaluable. This guy is a born winner.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That was obvious no? It was only a question mark over fitness... I rate Martial though, last seasons Martial... get that guy back.

On topic, I hope Cavani sticks around for a while.
I heard mention of him signing a 1-year extension to his contract, which would keep him at the club at least into next season. Not sure how true it is, but I wouldn't be surprised If he wanted to extend his stay. Can't see him getting better off elsewhere.

90 + 5min

That is difference between forwards like Rashford, Martial and Greenwood and a striker that Cavani is.

Brilliant player.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
When he came over to take on all comers when that mad right back and Mancini were bullying young Mason I fell in love with him. It’s not just the goals and movement - his work rate and attitude is just top notch.

Jaxa

The worrying thing is we do not have any other player like Cavani,

What he brings to the team is second to none, there's nobody that possesses his qualities and you can see that when he doesn't play,

Magical player, as someone rightly said it's almost like when we had RVP, you just know he's going to score at some point.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We should all be lining up to blow him so that he signs the damn contract.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Watching him stand up for Mason reminded me of Roy Keane and Eric Cantona. Proper footballer.

Idxomer

PSG got rid of him because Neymar doesn't like him and replaced him with two strikers who are nowhere near his level, mental stuff.

OleBoiii

Call me old fashioned, but I just love single-minded center forwards who are all about scoring goals and that's that. The way he times his runs into the box is brilliant. Bruno just lives for that shit.

paintycanned

Supports
portadown fc
Absolute class player, he has a few years left in him as he is such an intelligent footballer.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That is difference between forwards like Rashford, Martial and Greenwood and a striker that Cavani is.

Brilliant player.
the aggression and leadership he brings to the table is immense. I feel like Rashford Martial and Greenwood are just way too passive. They try and conserve their energy for when the ball comes to them and they won’t play it scrappy or press at all. We really need that. The other lads should look at their game walking around waiting for things to fall to them while he runs rings around them. It should be the other way around. Cavani here to cover our big game players in the odd match but he’s clearly still the best of the lot. If only he was 5 years younger. What a guy.

laughtersassassin

The only Hit of our Summer window.

What a disgraceful window it was. Even more so in hindsight.

The club owe Ole a lot this summer.

Bondi77

How many hot days do you need to admit Cavani is an asset to us?!
He is an asset now because he is fit and found his touch which he was not when I made the original post but it is good to know that you will post when he has one of his good games :lol: :lol:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Both goals tonight just reminded my of what it's like to have a striker like Ruud..

That first one, as soon as you see him clear on goal, it's just like "yeah, that's a goal"; second one, just fantastic movement.

It'll be a travesty if he doesn't get to do that in front of a full house at OT.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
He and Bruno. Proper reds. Makes the likes of Rashford and Martial and Greenwood look like a shade of milky tea. Diluted.