Cavani is not respected enough around here

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I know lockdown rules were a bit confusing for some people but you definitely don’t have to self isolate for a muscle injury.

AFC NimbleThumb

You're being so disingenuous here, just because a few people questioned you. If that isn't what you meant, why did you say 'feck this guy' in response to a video of him watching a boxing match ? I'd love to understand.
It’s not disingenuous to have had enough with a player, if it were there’d be far fewer Pogba threads on this forum. It’s patently obvious a player can be fit to love their lives whilst being unable to play a football match. Your lack of understanding really isn’t my concern.

I’ve had a warning anyway so less knickers in a twist. EDIT: Funnily enough by a mod that uses the term ‘dicks’ to refer to people on this own forum, the irony.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
he'll be gone in a few weeks and he'll be remembered as another fella that we all wish had signed in his prime.
Like Zlatan, like Schweinsteiger , even Cr7 coming back.

Lads gettng worked up about it need to relax. It is what it is lads.

Maybe a young striker will be bought in the summer and then this Cavani man can be forgotten

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Loved him last season, but he's available now for every third match, if that. Pissing money down the drain really. What makes it even hard to stomach is that he flies out for all the Internationals.

steffyr2

Manchester is class. Warms my heart to see them taking such good care of the country's highest profile medical tourist. The United player for a day arrangement was also class.

Give me a break guys, this is Schweinsteiger situation all over where the club acts so star struck that it's happy to be used as a menstural rag for an aging player on his farewell tour.
The term "menstural rag" must mean some else to you, also the spelling seems a bit off.
The club probably kept him because the fans love him so. (I was never quite sure why.)

Greck

The term "menstural rag" must mean some else to you, also the spelling seems a bit off.
The club probably kept him because the fans love him so. (I was never quite sure why.)
He was worth it till this season imo but for the bolded, like..just why? The real spelling is menstrual but it's barely the first typo to ever happen on this site, I mean, like why man? On my list of typos and mispellings two misplaced letters probably don't even make top 100. Anyway if you're that passionate about spelling I can give you a dollar a week to proofread my posts. 5p bonus for each correction. Are you down?

Last edited:

steffyr2

He was worth it till this season imo but for the bolded, like..just why? The real spelling is menstrual but it's barely the first typo to ever happen on this site, I mean, like why man? On my list of typos and mispellings two misplaced letters probably don't even make top 100. Anyway if you're that passionate about spelling I can give you a dollar a week to proofread my posts. 5p bonus for each correction. Are you down?
Actually I thought the term was crass. Assumed you couldn’t spell, but it was the crass part I noted.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah I don't really feel any need to rage about the Cavani situation, it'll be resolved soon. Hopefully he can have a few more good games for us before he leaves.

Greck

Actually I thought the term was crass. Assumed you couldn’t spell, but it was the crass part I noted.
That's all good then. Can't account for everyone's sensitivity. Vulgarities in football discussions aren't recent. Carry on.

Rolaholic

Really begged this guy to stay only for him to be on holiday most of the season even when we have no strikers left in the squad outside of CR7 :lol:

Deery

Dreary
To be fair to him he had already checked out and said he wanted to retire, it’s as much the club’s fault for urging him to stay.

Mac1997

To be fair to him he had already checked out and said he wanted to retire, it’s as much the club’s fault for urging him to stay.
No he hasn't he has said he wants to go to another club not retire. Lots of rumours about him wanting to play for clubs back home and Barcelona.

I don't get the love in with him at all.

He is rarely available and has been pretty poor this season when he has decided to make himself available. Stealing a living here at the moment.

Deery

Dreary
No he hasn't he has said he wants to go to another club not retire. Lots of rumours about him wanting to play for clubs back home and Barcelona.

I don't get the love in with him at all.

He is rarely available and has been pretty poor this season when he has decided to make himself available. Stealing a living here at the moment.
No, he quite clearly said he wanted to retire first before the Barca claims came up.

I don’t love Cavani, it was nice to have him but he’s been a massive waste of money this season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Exactly! We had no succession plan in the striker department, decided to convince a 35 year old to stay on for one more season then signed a 37 year old. We deserve exactly what we are getting!

Mac1997

No, he quite clearly said he wanted to retire first before the Barca claims came up.

I don’t love Cavani, it was nice to have him but he’s been a massive waste of money this season.
He has never said that, only that he wanted to go back to play in South America.

Mac1997

Cavani and Ronaldo salary could possibly be enough for us to pay Haaland and Mbappe.
What a load nonsense.

Supposedly Cavani is on 250k a week and Ronaldo is on 400k a week.

Haaland if rumours in the news are to be believed wants 750k a week along with 25 million signing on fee, 25 million payment to his Dad and 25 million to his agent, plus his transfer fee.

Mbappe if rumours in the news are to be believed has an offer of 1 million euros a week from PSG and not far of that from Madrid.

Neither would come here even if we offered 2 million a week.

Yakuza_devils

What a load nonsense.

Supposedly Cavani is on 250k a week and Ronaldo is on 400k a week.

Haaland if rumours in the news are to be believed wants 750k a week along with 25 million signing on fee, 25 million payment to his Dad and 25 million to his agent, plus his transfer fee.

Mbappe if rumours in the news are to be believed has an offer of 1 million euros a week from PSG and not far of that from Madrid.

Neither would come here even if we offered 2 million a week.
Based on their respective current salary now, it's enough. Not sure about the future and all the "rumours" you stated may be materialise.

Yakuza_devils

No it wouldn't. Not even close.
Mbappe salary now is almost the same with Ronaldo. Mbappe is going to be free agent and if he joins RM of course he will get much more.

Cavani is earning almost double than Haaland now. And next season Haaland release clause is considered low and hence he will also get significant payrise.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Mbappe salary now is almost the same with Ronaldo. Mbappe is going to be free agent and if he joins RM of course he will get much more.

Cavani is earning almost double than Haaland now. And next season Haaland release clause is considered low and hence he will also get significant payrise.
Haaland alone will cost upwards of 650k a week, Mbappe probably closer to 750k a week.
Also you have to consider that a good amount of players salaries are taken up by bonuses, if you're a striker that means how many goals you score, if you get the golden boot, plus 3rd party interests such as marketing & sponsorship promos.
Cavani & Ronaldo aren't hitting their bonuses on a weekly basis, therefore I wouldn't be surprised if they actually earn closer to 55-65% of their 'reported salary' whereas Haaland & Mbappe are more likely to earn closer to 90% of their reported salaries.

Yakuza_devils

Haaland alone will cost upwards of 650k a week, Mbappe probably closer to 750k a week.
Also you have to consider that a good amount of players salaries are taken up by bonuses, if you're a striker that means how many goals you score, if you get the golden boot, plus 3rd party interests such as marketing & sponsorship promos.
Cavani & Ronaldo aren't hitting their bonuses on a weekly basis, therefore I wouldn't be surprised if they actually earn closer to 55-65% of their 'reported salary' whereas Haaland & Mbappe are more likely to earn closer to 90% of their reported salaries.
Mbappe I would not be surprised if RM pay him 750K weekly considering he is a free agent. But Halaand 650K, let's see.

The reported weekly salary should be the basic and bonuses on top of the basic salary. I stand to be corrected.

Cloud7

Cavani is one of those guys that I'll forget played for us in about five years. Sort of like Mkhitaryan and Valdez

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Mbappe I would not be surprised if RM pay him 750K weekly considering he is a free agent. But Halaand 650K, let's see.

The reported weekly salary should be the basic and bonuses on top of the basic salary. I stand to be corrected.
No the salary is inclusive of bonuses, hence why nobody actually knows how much they earn, they only put in a rounded figure which is the maximum amount they are able to earn on a weekly basis. The true number is often not close to the amounts shown on a weekly basis.

There's reports of Raiola claiming anyone who wants to sign Haaland needs to prepare a package of minimum €45m, not including bonuses & not including Raiola's fee as well.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's been a huge waste of money. I know people love to bring up the transfer fees of certain regular starters but big wages and signing on fees for players that barely play is a bigger drain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That one game he and Ronaldo played together and looked great seems lifetimes ago now!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We need to get him fit for the next round of International matches.

GBBQ

Would we save money terminating his contract?
We can’t replace him and we’d only be saving money for the Glazers so what is the point. He may yet have a part to play in this season.

Rolaholic

Couldn't even be chuffed for a derby, what a colossal waste...

Officially on the boat for never signing anyone over the age of 30 ever again tbh

Most of them even the most established and accomplished ones, just come here for an extended holiday while making crazy money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In fairness, it's not the best game to come in for after ages out is it!

VivaRonaldo85

This signing is now heading the way I thought it would when it was announced. Excellent last season and fair play to him. But this season, another disaster with the Ronaldo signing clearly ousting him.