Cavani is not respected enough around here

yamo123x

He has been a big disappointment this year and i think the momentum he was building as a utd player last season has been hindered by the arrival of CR7.

This year he seems to be injured...right up to the week before international games, makes a cameo sub appareance then toddles off on International duty, then comes back late and with another niggle... his mind is elsewhere, his body is elsewhere.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Season's almost over. He's not going to be starting games. Getting match fit isn't happening.

At this point he just needs to stay away from injury and be an impact option from the bench.
You still need some match fitness, even off the bench. Why wouldn't he play ? Just because United stupidly agreed to pay that much, doesn't mean he has to put his Uruguay love on hold.

captaincantona

I know he has been lauded for his professional attitude...and it’s difficult to find anything but admiration for the guy from managers etc. However, can’t help but feel he thought to himself - fuk you guys, you want Ronaldo back while I have committed to stay - benching me and taking my shirt - I’m gonna collect your cash and spend my time caressing my goatee in the wilderness.

Idxomer

The way people are railing against him, you would think instead of getting injured he had wiped his arse with a Man United shirt, Ronald Koeman-style.
The problem is he has been fit plenty of times and refused to play because he didn't feel up for it but then he's always up for it in those international breaks. He has probably never been treated better by any other fans.

It doesn't matter anyway, he isn't good enough anymore for United or even Uruguay.

Smores

I know he has been lauded for his professional attitude...and it’s difficult to find anything but admiration for the guy from managers etc. However, can’t help but feel he thought to himself - fuk you guys, you want Ronaldo back while I have committed to stay - benching me and taking my shirt - I’m gonna collect your cash and spend my time caressing my goatee in the wilderness.
If we were actually competing then signing such players might make sense. As it is they're just after the last big paycheck, why would they care to put the extra effort in?

shazzmufc

This season has been incredibly disappointing, and may threaten to tarnish the overall image he created during his time with us. It’s unfortunate things haven’t worked out well, as I really admire him as a player and person. When looking back at his time here, I’ll choose to remember his performances of the previous season, and I think most supporters will do the same in the long-run. It was wonderful to have an actual CF that is a master of his craft, and always gave 100%

This season it just seems apparent that his priorities are with the national team, and can you really blame him for that? We signed Ronaldo, thereby diminishing his role, and he’s approaching what will likely be his last World Cup. I still say good luck to him and wish him well.

Reactions: oates

SuperiorXI

He's undoubtedly an excellent player and has had some good games for us but now the noises suggest he doesn't really want to be here. What is he doing playing an international friendly? He's just been injured for christ sake. It's turning into another mess of a transfer unfortunately... he had the potential to be a **** hero here.

Red00012

He's not far off in his prediction tbf. Maybe a couple of sub appearances in the last few games but wouldn't be surprising if he doesn't recover before the end of the season.
He could be on the bench Saturday for all we know

Oranges038

4m signing on fee + about 200k a week in wages - almost 20m for 56 apppearances most of them as a sub, but approx. 3000 minutes overall and 19 goals.

He did ok last season, but all in all that hardly represents value for money.

Marwood

You still need some match fitness, even off the bench. Why wouldn't he play ? Just because United stupidly agreed to pay that much, doesn't mean he has to put his Uruguay love on hold.
Because it's clear he can't do both.

Because for him games = injuries

Seij

It’s actually a disgrace. Barely been arsed to turn up for games and dictating whether he fit or not instead of the medical department.

what salary is he on? Jota at the scousers for example is on 80k whilst they are refusing to go above 200k for Salah. Says everything about the culture in our club.
250k/wk.

Amir

It was a huge red flag that he didn‘t really want to stay this season, and that we had to persuade him to stay for an additional year. And really stupid from the club given that we were signing another big name in his position (and had Martial and Greenwood at the time too). Shows that the people in charge of recruitment and contracts really have no clue or don’t care.
If he didn't want to stay, he wouldn't have stayed.

As for us, we had no idea we'd be signing Ronaldo at the time.

The real sin was the trasnfer window of summer 2020. We shouldn't have put ourselves in a situtation that made us desperate for signings, even if it's an ageing, injury-prone, striker. The warning signs were all there.

TheHeya

Not surprising at all! Just checked the weather forecast and it’s raining most of April in Manchester.

el3mel

Zlatan had enough self respect that he terminated his contract with us and went to LA Galaxy when he thought he won't give his 100% due to ACL injury.

I like Cavani but he's starting look like a fraud.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What an absolute waste off space this guy is.

yipthatman

Absolute waste of space. Sick of these freeloaders coming to Old Trafford to retire. We need to start putting 'availability for games' into the contracts of any more end of careerers.

choccy77

Ralf said likely out for 4 weeks.

United should just put him out of his misery and shoot him. The horse known as Cavani is of no further use to us.

sugar_kane

Cavani is respected way too much by the fans in Old Trafford. To listen to the reception he gets you’d think he was fecking George Best.

They’re a sucker for big names deigning to play for us, regardless of their actual performances or even basic reliability.

See also - Schweinsteiger.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We should change the thread title to 'Cavani is not injected enough around here'.

Speako

Imagine training sessions at the moment for the United goalkeepers. “Ok boys, let’s smash some balls past David please”, Elanga runs up and has a decent pop, Rashford blasts one into Elanga’s legs, Lingard’s on his phone, Ronaldo’s in the gym. “Right lads, same time tomorrow”.

Guapa

Next Season can't come soon enough.Long past time for the new era to begin.

honirelandboy

Falcao, Zlatan, Cavani, Ronaldo - Can we just sign a good young striker please. This has to stop signing players at the end of their careers. You won't win the league with them.