Cavani is not respected enough around here

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Last year he was really good. The guy wanted to leave, and the were rumours few months after he joined us. However, him out running players 10 years younger, papered the rumours. Instead, of us looking for his replacement (which we got with Ronaldo) we begged him to stay.
Like, don't we have someone to tell our club the obvious: guys, Ed is a good guy, but he gets injured every now and then, he gets older and losing pace, and he loves his country which can increase his absence due to covid regulations, better look for a long term striker.
I think you're forgetting a certain somebody who would have been viewed as the long-term striker...

Is that for real? Utd pay Cavani more than Salah or Kane earns…!?

Incredible if true. Such a badly run club.
I mean, this is largely due to Salah and Kane being underpaid to be honest, based upon when they signed their contracts. Salah is obviously gonna get way north of the £225k/£250k p/w Cavani is reportedly on, and so would Kane if he moved.

Acole9

Outstanding
Slipped over Lingard's sick in the dugout apparently and is out for another three weeks.

Hughie77

Well I like the guy, and he's top striker, but he's done feck all this season, been injured most of it. And he's off in few months.

TsuWave

I said he looked like someone who believes that ....not that he was lied to, read the thing properly.
that's an even crazier premise for a post. looks like someone who believes they were lied to by the club

Maticmaker

that's an even crazier premise for a post. looks like someone who believes they were lied to by the club
Of course, if you don't understand... it was in any case a purely personal observation, based on reports about Cavani's demeanor, appearing in the press (here and in Uruguay) and on other social media, such as these are the 'hallmarks' to which I was referring.

Lee565

Terrible decision making by ole, cavani wanted to go and we knew what his injury record is like and we had ronaldo come in to allow for cavani to just go back to Uruguay but for some reason ole insisted stock Pilling our squad for this season

Jericholyte2

Good riddance
Unfortunately an unreliable presence. A very strange juxtaposition because he gives it his all during games but doesn’t seem to show that same commitment when being available for games.

Likewise I imagine it must be difficult for a 35yr not called Cristiano Ronaldo to play as much as we were demanding from him.

Red_toad

Glad the club aren’t renewing. Guys taken us to the cleaners this season, money for nothing….

SATA

Enjoyed some of his performances last season but won’t miss him a bit. The goal at OT against Fulham in the last game of the season was top class, maybe my best memory of him, and the protection of Greenwood when the AC Milan twats ganged up on the lad

tomaldinho1

Didn’t want to come here, didn’t want to stay once we were the only ones who would pay his agent fee, constantly injured and not even hiding his priority is getting a last WC in before retirement to the point he even declared himself unfit when the club thought he was.

He’s been as anonymous as any striker I’ve ever seen at OT this season, a shadow of his former self and a symbol of our stupidity in the transfer market.

Artimities

This year honestly seems like a waste to me in regards to some of our players. Why have him on the squad when I can only remember him playing like 4 games. I dont think I have ever seen a player other than Phil Jones that is away from the team/ pitch as much as him. Yet, let there be an international game, and he is there.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not sure what you expect when you sign an elite striker who is past his best, who really wanted to retire but couldn't turn the money down, to a team going nowhere.

We bring it on ourselves, and I hope he enjoys the money.

Red00012

We got more use out of Ighalo in his final season here than we did with Cavani

JohnnyKills

Not sure what you expect when you sign an elite striker who is past his best, who really wanted to retire but couldn't turn the money down, to a team going nowhere.

We bring it on ourselves, and I hope he enjoys the money.
People still defending him.

If he really wanted to retire he could have said no. No-one forced him.

He's cheated the club and the fans.

C'est Moi Cantona

People still defending him.

If he really wanted to retire he could have said no. No-one forced him.

He's cheated the club and the fans.
I'm not defending him, he doesn't even need defending, he's done better overall than alot of our signings, he's just lost interest this season, like most of the players.

Whatever Cavani has cheated no one, he just accepted the offer made to him, like most sensible people would.

Maybe look at who signed him if you want to blame somebody.

DevilRed

Bitterly disappointed in him this season. Last year he really gave us his all.

This year its clear he only wanted a paycheck and to keep himself fit for uruguay (so he can feck off back to his country).

I suppose with OGS gone he has no connection with this place, but Cavani is the epitome of the types of signings we have tried to avoid over the years.

Really disappointed in his professionalism.

Idxomer

He repaid the fans' adoration with disloyalty, one of the players who deserve to be booed if he ever plays again for the club.

Al-T

Glad we won't be extending the contract of another glass ornament of a player.

Nothing against Cavani but this club needs to move away from paying huge wages to the superannuated and the spavined.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm not defending him, he doesn't even need defending, he's done better overall than alot of our signings, he's just lost interest this season, like most of the players.

Whatever Cavani has cheated no one, he just accepted the offer made to him, like most sensible people would.

Maybe look at who signed him if you want to blame somebody.
I would go with this as well.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

The #mufc fans are furious you can't stay fit for two minutes you money-grabbing merchant.

Ole'sattheWheel

Ronaldos new born child fecking died and he was back playing within a week. This clown gets all stroppy and barely plays for us again over us signing arguably the best player of all time in his position when he’s injured for 2/3rds of the season

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Yet another reason for Matt Judge getting 'resignationed', 250k a week, how was that even a negotiation.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Decision to sign him in the first place was questionable, but sometimes he made impression like he cared more than many of his teammates. Joining most intensive league in his age was risk itself and United inevitably paying for it.

Wishing him all the best with many others leaving very soon.

Red00012

The #mufc fans are furious you can't stay fit for two minutes you money-grabbing merchant.
So him expecting to be the number 1 striker is kind of hilarious . We have some really oversized egos at our club . The man must have played 90 mins no more than 5 games last season