Cavani is not respected enough around here

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Couldn't even be chuffed for a derby, what a colossal waste...

Officially on the boat for never signing anyone over the age of 30 ever again tbh

Most of them even the most established and accomplished ones, just come here for an extended holiday while making crazy money.
And we've actually got fans who want this money-grabbing merchant to be respected more :lol:

Fluctuation0161

Officially on the boat for never signing anyone over the age of 30 ever again tbh

Most of them even the most established and accomplished ones, just come here for an extended holiday while making crazy money.
Cavani has been screwed over by our incompetent club. Persuaded to stay an extra year, then we sign a 37 year old in his position who has to play most games and took away his shirt number.

No excuse for him not wanting to play, but its just another sympton of our clubs piss poor planning.

We are masters at demotivating players.

choccy77

Cavani has been screwed over by our incompetent club. Persuaded to stay an extra year, then we sign a 37 year old in his position who has to play most games and took away his shirt number.

No excuse for him not wanting to play, but its just another sympton of our clubs piss poor planning.

Your post indicates our club plans.

I take issue with that statement.

SAFMUTD

And people think he's not respected enough

lilcurt

Why are you trying to paint a mercenary who is picking up millions for F-all a victim of the club?

It's a clubs job to get the best player possible. A player isn't a victim because someone else who plays their position comes in.

Fluctuation0161

Why are you trying to paint a mercenary who is picking up millions for F-all a victim of the club?

It's a clubs job to get the best player possible. A player isn't a victim because someone else who plays their position comes in.
For the reasons I posted above.

It's more complicated than you make out. He was going to leave after 1 year. We went to great lengths to persuade him to stay another year, then signed a player to replace him and gave away his number. With this context, it's not surprising he is not willing to rush himself back from injury and probably cannot wait to leave the club.

lilcurt

For the reasons I posted above.

It's more complicated than you make out. He was going to leave after 1 year. We went to great lengths to persuade him to stay another year, then signed a player to replace him and gave away his number. With this context, it's not surprising he is not willing to rush himself back from injury and probably cannot wait to leave the club.
I think you over complicate it to make a defence for him.

He is coming to the end of his contract and looking for a new club. He just doesn't want to risk picking up a more serious injury, while still picking up a paycheck.

Fluctuation0161

I think you over complicate it to make a defence for him.

He is coming to the end of his contract and looking for a new club. He just doesn't want to risk picking up a more serious injury, while still picking up a paycheck.
I don't care to make a defence for Cavani. I'm pointing out that if we treated any player like that they would not give their all for the club.

Also, you call him a mercenary when he was at his last club for over 7 years.

I think you are letting our poor management off the hook and blaming the player. But this has happened with other players too over the years. E.g. Martial.

Superden

I don't care to make a defence for Cavani. I'm pointing out that if we treated any player like that they would not give their all for the club.

I think you are letting our poor management off the hook and blaming the player. But this has happened with other players too over the years. E.g. Martial.
Erm cavani is still being paid gazillions to play football, if his hearts not in it, he can always nit take the money.

lilcurt

We can agree to differ. I happen to rate Martial but that's just me.

I completely agree that the club is run terribly, but one doesn't cancel out the other.

Idxomer

The fans decided to make him a cult hero without achieving anything.

SATA

At least Ronaldo wants to play, this guy just hides and rakes in the money weekly. I wouldn’t like him as a teammate who doesn’t put himself forward for the team

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The guy is an embarrassment even for frauds. And we have people chanting his name ahead of other players because he just runs around a bit.

Seij

Played in both games for Uruguay during the international break and comes back injured... until the next international break.

Wing Attack Plan R

We have to stop with this kind of shit, signing has-beens. Henrik Larsson was a stop-gap measure because we were in an emergency situation. Piss poor planning for years does not mean these short term “solutions” are a good idea.

As for Cavani qua Cavani, he tried hard his first season, showed glimpses of what he’d been, but I felt we should never be the last stop at the top for these older players. It’s depressing that when we had glaring needs, they weren’t addressed.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not really joining the pile-on as he went down in the first half. I'm sure it's a genuine injury and it's just more shit luck - it's not as though he's gone for a nice sit down like Bale in the 89th minute of a Wales game.

However, his whole second season here has been shite, even if it's in a Phil Jones way rather than a Winston Bogarde way. He's looked very sloppy when he has managed to get on the pitch as well. Hopefully we sign the next Cavani when he's at the Palermo or Napoli stage of his career rather than PSG.

HailtotheKing

Absolutely ridiculous. Uruguay had already qualified. He didn’t even need to play. So pissed off that we are paying this guy who’s treating us so badly. Lost all respect for him now.

LoneStar

It was a huge red flag that he didn‘t really want to stay this season, and that we had to persuade him to stay for an additional year. And really stupid from the club given that we were signing another big name in his position (and had Martial and Greenwood at the time too). Shows that the people in charge of recruitment and contracts really have no clue or don’t care.

He played well last season, and was one of our better players. This season has been a shambles however. I swear our club don‘t really assess whether players really want to be here before signing them. Their only solution is to offer players a shitload of money in hopes of persuading them to sign. Truly baffling how a club so big and with so many resources can’t get anything right for 10+ years.

MUFC OK

And we've actually got fans who want this money-grabbing merchant to be respected more :lol:
It’s actually a disgrace. Barely been arsed to turn up for games and dictating whether he fit or not instead of the medical department.

what salary is he on? Jota at the scousers for example is on 80k whilst they are refusing to go above 200k for Salah. Says everything about the culture in our club.

cyberman

Fans were happy he stayed on last season so we sped money elsewhere!
Thank god we signed Ronaldo

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The way people are railing against him, you would think instead of getting injured he had wiped his arse with a Man United shirt, Ronald Koeman-style.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Absolutely ridiculous. Uruguay had already qualified. He didn’t even need to play. So pissed off that we are paying this guy who’s treating us so badly. Lost all respect for him now.
He needed to play as he had barely played prior this season. It was an opportunity to get some match fitness

Oldyella

The way people are railing against him, you would think instead of getting injured he had wiped his arse with a Man United shirt, Ronald Koeman-style.
Are there any player threads where we haven't turned on the player?

Marwood

But at his age, with his injury record, what's he doing still trying to play internationals?

He obviously can't do club and international football. There comes a point where maybe the club paying him a fortune should take precedence.

Marwood

He needed to play as he had barely played prior this season. It was an opportunity to get some match fitness
Season's almost over. He's not going to be starting games. Getting match fit isn't happening.

At this point he just needs to stay away from injury and be an impact option from the bench.

Lewnited

Of course he's injured again:lol: oh well he's been crap this season anyway