Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If this is true, how can a person be this much of a fecking hypocrite.

Would really like to walk a mile in the shoes if someone with such a weird set of morals.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Must be said, paying someone off doesn't mean it happened.

kps88

Article says there was a photo of them in bed. We're still light on the details but it doesn't look good.

Adisa

Excuse my ignorance, but what else could it mean? Considering how outspoken she has been, why wouldn't she fight this?
I was talking generally. On this particular case,we don't have that much detail.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thanks for replying, but that really doesn't answer my question at all. I fail to understand the circumstances that would lead to her paying so much if she hadn't done anything wrong.
Indeed. People generally don't splash out 380k in hush money for no reason at all.

Adisa

Thanks for replying, but that really doesn't answer my question at all. I fail to understand the circumstances that would lead to her paying so much if she hadn't done anything wrong.
I have always thought some celebrities pay money to make problems go away even if it isn't true.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He was 17 at the time? If there's consent it wouldn't be an issue in the UK.

Still looks pretty bad from a #MeToo perspective.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I have always thought some celebrities pay money to make problems go away even if it isn't true.
That's probably true mate.

However, in a situation like this? Surely she'd fight it tooth and nail considering what she has accused Weinstein of and the wider implications in the case against him.

Indeed. People generally don't splash out 380k in hush money for no reason at all.
It surely sets a precedence doesn't it? I just don't get why she would here. It makes no sense to me in any way, so I was hoping someone with doubt would come up with a reasonable answer.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I heard of that earlier today, but that detailed description makes it a lot more grim. I had no idea she had been close to the kid for so long and from such an early age.

She must be some piece of work. Those rumours after Bourdain's death didn't paint her in a good light either.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Crikey. On first glance I thought what's the biggie, the bloke surely consented. But reading that account, it was pretty creepy given she's known him since he was a young kid when she was an adult at the time.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thought she was a crazy person after Bourdain's death. Guess she actually is. The level of hypocrisy of this woman. It's hard to comprehend how you can be such a fake fecking cnut.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Crikey. On first glance I thought what's the biggie, the bloke surely consented. But reading that account, it was pretty creepy given she's known him since he was a young kid when she was an adult at the time.
Kills me to be “that guy” but swap genders and the whole grooming thing would immediately trigger a load of paedophilia accusations.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Kills me to be “that guy” but swap genders and the whole grooming thing would immediately trigger a load of paedophilia accusations.
Agreed, but rightly or wrongly it does seem worse when it's the woman is the victim tbh, given we know how sex mad teenage boys are. Or maybe we're just conditioned to think like that?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes, young men can also be emotionally traumatised by exploitative sexual relationships.
Yeah. I don't know how to describe it but I'm pretty sure that I would have been kind of scared, I'm not sure if it's the correct word, boys and men like to put a brave face but when you are 17 a 37 years old women is an other world, even if I fancied her a million of things would have come into my head and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have handled it well.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agreed, but rightly or wrongly it does seem worse when it's the woman is the victim tbh, given we know how sex mad teenage boys are. Or maybe we're just conditioned to think like that?
Yes, young men can also be emotionally traumatised by exploitative sexual relationships.
Is it possible that the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Yes, young men - just like young women - can be emotionally traumatised by exploitative sexual relationships. Which is something we're conditioned to ignore.

Similarly, young women - just like young men - can be enthusiastic participants in sexual relationships where there is a big power/age imbalance and emerge unscathed at the other end? Which is also something that we're being told doesn't happen.

hobbers

Unbelievable.

Need more women to come out and rail on her really. What a nasty hypocrite.