Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

Super Hans

For getting accosted by a creepy, tatted up nutcase. Yeah he really hit the jackpot there.
Didn't these accusations appear just after the Weinstein allegations? Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Also, do you remember being 17? I do. There is no possible scenario I can conceive where I could have been the victim of a sexual assault by an older woman, except perhaps if I had wandered into a women's prison.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I could tell from point one that point two was going to be really, really stupid.

Silva

Also, do you remember being 17? I do. There is no possible scenario I can conceive where I could have been the victim of a sexual assault by an older woman, except perhaps if I had wandered into a women's prison.
An older woman groomed and statutory raped him. You being a horny teenager has nothing to do with this.

Halftrack

Given the victims age, their history, and the fact that she was in all likelihood a role model and someone he put a lot of trust in, this definitely seems like a bad one.
Didn't these accusations appear just after the Weinstein allegations? Just a coincidence I'm sure.

If the person's someone who's been around you since you were a kid, and you view as more of a second mom than hot older woman, I think there's a good chance you'd feel creeped out, disgusted and/or violated.

Halftrack

My brother was in a relationship with a 15-year-old at 24 (this was like 20 years ago). Her family knew and were fine with it, but I still find it skeevy as feck. Then again, he was immature as feck, and I actually think she was better equipped to take advantage of him than he was to take advantage of her.

No reason for sharing, other than the talk about age of consent reminding me of it.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I'm all for due process and maybe she didn't sexually assault the kid even though the accusations are credible and maybe Harvey is innocent too as unlikely as it seems. However her statement reads even worse than the notorious Kevin Spacey one to me. It doesn't seem to make sense given the photographic evidence, texts, relationship and roping in of a guy who commited suicide. It reads like the kind of thing I'd come up with if I was given too long to make up an excuse and was desperate to hold on to my position that I started dipping into youtube conspiracies, she had 4 days to comment prior to the nytimes article apparantly.

The Mcgowan and Arquette comments beggar belief, whereas the non celeb-sociopath figures of the movement I know of have made decent statements.

Super Hans

I'd hate to boast but I could tell where this was going from his previous really, really stupid posts.
I'm intrigued. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to post a few examples given the implication that there are plenty of them.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Agreed, but rightly or wrongly it does seem worse when it's the woman is the victim tbh, given we know how sex mad teenage boys are. Or maybe we're just conditioned to think like that?
I remember in the 1990's a male teacher had sex with a female student and the media went crackers about it . Not saying what he done was right but the headlines were dirty old man etc and peado blah.. blah. About a year later a female teacher had sex with a male student and the headlines were more about her seducing him etc. Not saying either was right but the medias slant was interesting.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I remember in the 1990's a male teacher had sex with a female student and the media went crackers about it . Not saying what he done was right but the headlines were dirty old man etc and peado blah.. blah. About a year later a female teacher had sex with a male student and the headlines were more about her seducing him etc. Not saying either was right but the medias slant was interesting.
There has been a bunch of those stories, but I'm always wary of sliding into DM comment section territory with guys ranting about 'she'd have got four years if she had a dick'.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
An older woman groomed and statutory raped him. You being a horny teenager has nothing to do with this.
Such an odd terminology for a consensual act. Someone has consensual sex with an 18 year old on their birthday and it’s entirely above board. The same act, just 24 hours earlier (or in a different state/country) could see them in court with an abhorrent word like “rape” on the charge sheet.

Nucks

RT History Department
Hasn't this kid come out and said already that she was his sexual fantasy for like 3 years prior to the incident, and that he actively pursued her? She probably shouldn't have slept with him, but in no way shape or form is this similar to what Weinstein was doing. The thing with her and Weinstein, I don't know much about it. Apparently he coerced her into sex for parts or something, and then they ended up dating after? Either way, still not the same thing.

Oscie

I dunno sleeping with someone underage with whom you've known very well since they were a very small child seems morally far more repugnant than an adult coercing another adult into bed with the lure of bigger parts in movies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
wtf? Is that even the same woman, she seems to have doubled in weight.

He's putting his hand up her dress and she isn't even stopping him?

I don't doubt that Weinstein has been up to no good, but I'm not buying this, I'm afraid.
She's trying to sell her software or whatever, as she explains in the voiceover. A drastic/firm rejection would probably end the deal.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Is it possible that the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Yes, young men - just like young women - can be emotionally traumatised by exploitative sexual relationships. Which is something we're conditioned to ignore.

Similarly, young women - just like young men - can be enthusiastic participants in sexual relationships where there is a big power/age imbalance and emerge unscathed at the other end? Which is also something that we're being told doesn't happen.
Exactly, everyone is different, I lost the v plates at 16 to a 35 year old, she was a bit if of a moose and I was drunk, but willing. In my case never caused me any issues.

buchansleftleg