Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Meh, Bernabeu two years ago were much harder to take. Easier when you can embrace yourself for the loss as soon as it goes to pens. We are absolutely terrible at them.

We are significantly weaker this year, so if we had ended up with another treble it would have been pretty weird. The disapointment is that we completely dominated the team that will probably go on and win it, but this is knock-out football.

Haaland will probably get a lot of criticism after this, and I am one of his harshest critics but I think he had a good game and if we had kept him on the pitch we would have created more in extra time. One player I doubt will get any criticism but really should is Bellingham. Two absolutely terrible performances and pathetic gamesmanship that you'd expect he would learn at a spanish team but sadly he seems to be main man for it.

This could be the making of Kane to be fair, Bayern will get chances against this Madrid side

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Obviously want a German team to win but torn over a miracle story for Dortmund versus Bayern growing their reputation as arguably the second biggest European Cup team, and Harry Kane getting a trophy.

Let's just have a Dortmund Bayern rematch like 2013, sit back and enjoy whatever happens :D

Lyricist

Wow so if it's a Der Klassiker final it's a win win for whoever finishes 6th in the Bundesliga. Will make the run in for 6th interesting.
No, because Bayern will almost certainly finished top 4 while Dortmund currently sit in 5th. Only if Dortmund finish outside the top 4, so say in 5th, they would win an additional CL spot through winning the CL. Then on top of that comes the 5th CL spot through the co-efficient rankings. But it skips past Dortmund and goes to 6th place in that team. So the team in 6th place would be rooting for Dortmund. In this unlikely, but quite funny scenario, there'd be 6 CL spots for Bundesliga. 7th place would play EL. 8th place would play ECL.

Todd

Well, the most interesting thing that can happen now is that Madrid and PSG meet in the final, Mbappe scores the winning goal, thereby ruining Madrid's double, and Madrid are so mad at him they no longer want to sign him.

And then he comes to United.

TheGame

I’d prefer Dortmund to win it over any of the 4 teams that are in it but there obviously the most underdogs. I can see PSG winning it this year. Bayern and Madrid semis will be decent to watch
I like Dortmund but I don’t want Sancho winning the champions league this year after being a Cnut so rooting for the others.

Zoo

PSG vs Real final. Mbappe against the club he is joining this summer

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hopefully Madrid v PSG, Mbappe can go celebrate with his new team mates at the end of the game.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I've thought this for sometime now, it seems crazy that his teams just always has an insane amount of energy and never stop. But surely with the amount of testing they do it would be impossible to successfully get away with doping on a constant basis?
Not really. It was only until very recently that EPO was even detectable. And even now it’s fairly easy to work around from what I understand. And that assumes that doping has stood still. One thing we know about the history of doping is that it has always been at least one step ahead of the testers. Testing is generally reactive to a new form of doping. It’s hard to be proactive to test against unknown or potential threats. There are masking agents that haven’t even been identified as masking agents yet, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I really look forward to our games against Real. It has been too long

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
No, because Bayern will almost certainly finished top 4 while Dortmund currently sit in 5th. Only if Dortmund finish outside the top 4, so say in 5th, they would win an additional CL spot through winning the CL. Then on top of that comes the 5th CL spot through the co-efficient rankings. But it skips past Dortmund and goes to 6th place in that team. So the team in 6th place would be rooting for Dortmund. In this unlikely, but quite funny scenario, there'd be 6 CL spots for Bundesliga. 7th place would play EL. 8th place would play ECL.
7th and 8th would be in the EL, 9th ECL. That's assuming Leverkusen win the cup final. Your scenario would happen if Kaiserslautern win the cup, than they will participate in the EL.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So? How many from clear chances? Most of them come from long shots.
That's simply not true. Haaland hit the bar from 6 yards, kdb missed a sitter from 11, rudiger blocked from Grealish from about 6 or 7. Foden miskicked another on the line of the 6 yards box.
That's just off the top of my head.
25 of 33 were inside the box.

Though Rudiger did have probably the biggest chance bar KDB in extra time.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You skip over Bayern and Dortmund to wish Madrid another CL to distance themselves further?
Distance themselves further from who? We're never going to be in that race for most CL's so I'd rather they have the crown than the others

Cal?

CR7 fan
You skip over Bayern and Dortmund to wish Madrid another CL to distance themselves further?
Don't want P$G to win for obvious reasons
Don't want Sancho to win
I actually have hopes of United catching the likes of Bayern & Milan in my lifetime.
Real are out of reach regardless of how many they win, and I'm grateful for what they've done to make the last decade slightly more tolerable for United fans.

Hala Madrid!

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Obviously not the official reason. I'm just saying it made way better business sense to pick City over someone like Everton. If anything, the next best choice after City would've been Liverpool.
Everton were a much bigger club at the time and relatively a cheap. Rags to riches, but glad RM knocked them out this time :)

Eddy_JukeZ

So happy City are out. Now the semi-finals can be enjoyed without the nerves.

PSG-Real final I reckon. Somewhat poetic if Mbappe trumps Real in a final and then joins them in the summer.

BorisManUtd

Last year it was Inter vs City final and think it could've been the same but small margins went for their rivals.

Don't think anyone would've stopped City from winning it if they won tonight so big thanks to Real Madrid. You would expect them now to win it with their experience and Bayern not being best version of Bayern. Also would expect Real to beat Dortmund or PSG in the final.

Also, maybe I'm wrong but having Tuchel could mean a lot to Bayern here, he's reached finals before and won the competition (beating Real in semis as well).

Anyway, don't care much about the teams still in the competition. Whoever wins it, fine. Will enjoy watching the games that way.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm convinced PSG will win it for whatever reason. They've been so shite but sneaked through the groups, were being bettered by Sociedad at home and Barcelona but here they are, playing against the weakest opponent left who coincidentally almost knocked them out of the group stages

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm convinced PSG will win it for whatever reason. They've been so shite but sneaked through the groups, were being bettered by Sociedad at home and Barcelona but here they are, playing against the weakest opponent left who coincidentally almost knocked them out of the group stages
We did the easy path to final in 2011, doesn't really work in the final.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Woops my bad. Read the original response to me too quickly. Still interesting all the same that the BL could potentially have 6 in the CL next year. Highly unlikely it happens though

Scanny

Best part of tonight’s game is Cheaty played extra time then pens and lost ahead of the semifinal against Chelsea.
Can’t stand Chelsea but would rather them at Wembley if we win against Coventry.