Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like the team stopped playing before the shot was taken, they saw the flag.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I think the ref blew the whistle too early, right? Even if it was on, it won't have been given.

fallengt

Hope Dirtmund wins it so they'll pay whatever United's asking price for Sancho.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Glad Madrid won. So many United Bayern fans in here today. Sickening.

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
Fecking Real Madrid, this is getting boring, i hate those bastards!

Carlo is cool though.

bstb3

They flagged for Real’s 2nd and went back to check, why not the same on this one?
Because the flag was after the goal, in this case the flag and whistle was while the ball was still active. At best it's a major cock up, at worst... well. It's Madrid, in Madrid. Quelle Surprise.

Mike Smalling

They flagged for Real’s 2nd and went back to check, why not the same on this one?
I'm guessing the whistle had gone. The goalkeeper didn't even try to make the save. Once that's the case, I don't think they can overturn with VAR. The mistake was not letting the play go on in the first place.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Well, that one will never be forgotten. Real so fecking lucky.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Unbelievable luck from real Madrid they always get the luck in this competition with everything.

NK86

Watching the semis, it seems like they play a completely different sport to us. It’s embarrassing how far off we have fallen from the top teams in Europe. And yet we are hearing that ETH may stay on. If that happens or if someone like Southgate comes in, seriously might as well settle down for mediocrity for a long time.

Irwin99

Spanish sides have gotten away with some seriously dodgy stuff in this competition over the years :lol: .

Anyway, congrats Madrid.

Pughnichi

Flagged after the goal for RM

Flagged and whistled whilst still in play for BM

incredibly unlucky that for Bayern though. The defenders looked to stop slightly but perhaps not enough to change the outcome

id be fuming if that was against us

E-mal

What did he do?
He was moving his head and gesticulating towards Kimmich as though taunting him.
A good player but a Cnut. He faces a lot of racism and that is inexcusable but he is a Cnut in his own right. Not a likable figure

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
All a bit odd at the end there.

Why were they even still playing at almost 15 minutes?
Why did they flag there rather than letting it go on?
For that matter, why did they flag for the Joselu goal rather than letting VAR look at it as usual?

Real the better team in this leg though. Disappointed by Bayerns midfield and forwards. And Kimmich....

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
If I were Tuchel I would knock that linesman down, what a piece of shit

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
So the ref blew the whistle and Real stopped defending. How is that match fixing in their favor? Because it wasn't actually offside?

Withnail

Madrid culturally are a different gravy.

They lost their best player last summer, didn't even bother trying to replace him. Went and brought a midfielder and just told Ancelotti to get on with it, and now they're in another CL final.

United fans would spend the season moaning about how badly the club let down the manager and how expectations should be lowered because of X reasons.
Yeah of course. Obviously United have a comparable squad.

What a ridiculous post

Rex Banner

This is precisely why you don't flag offside when it's tight. Winds me up we still have commentators moaning about it constantly. They do it for a reason!