Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
In an age that Pep has literally lost his hair thinking up no-risk tactical plans, it is nice that the best team in the world is successful by playing their most talented XI and relying on the power of friendship. Big up, Don Carlo.

Pughnichi

The Kimmich foul should have been a red but Tuchels subs were awful. Can't close up shop that early
They were creating chances as well and looking dangerous on the counter. They’d literally just had 2 good chances with 2 overloads

crazy to shut up that early. But also taking Kane off in the likely event (at the time) that they would need another goal

poor management

RoyH1

You make your own luck. The culture and mentality down there is something else.

Tuchel had the right tactical setup but messed up the subs. And Neuer’s mistake cost them dearly.

Red00012

Madrid culturally are a different gravy.

They lost their best player last summer, didn't even bother trying to replace him. Went and brought a midfielder and just told Ancelotti to get on with it, and now they're in another CL final.

United fans would spend the season moaning about how badly the club let down the manager and how expectations should be lowered because of X reasons.
Comparing Madrid to United :houllier:

Withnail

Another scandal. Already no red card for hitting Kimmich in the face but to not even check that goal (which wasn't offside) is the worst. Would have thought with VAR this isn't possible anymore.
feck off Madrid your cheats.
Hard luck mate but you were second best all night and that was never a red. I understand the frustration and it was poor from the officials but once he'd blown the whistle the real players and goalie stopped playing so we'll never know if he'd actually have scored.

Shit way to go out it has to be said.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lack of quality from both teams and they should let the Bayern play go at the end as well.

Probably the worst bayern side in recent history and real madrid don't look great either. The overall standard in Europe seems to have gone down a lot from 5 or 10 years ago.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
In an age that Pep has literally lost his hair thinking up no-risk tactical plans, it is nice that the best team in the world is successful by playing their most talented XI and relying on the power of friendship. Big up, Don Carlo.
Yes.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hard luck mate but you were second best all night and that was never a red. I understand the frustration and it was poor from the officials but once he'd blown the whistle the real players and goalie stopped playing so we'll never know if he'd actually have scored.

Shit way to go out it has to be said.
I agree, a yellow would have sufficed

Skills

Snitch
Yes culturally that's true but you have to admit that the level of skill Real have is miles above our squad.
That's irrelevant to the bigger point - we're making excuses why our misfortunes mean we should accept performing like a relegation standard club.

They're in another CL final despite their own issues.

In fact, it's even harder for them considering the margins between winning and losing the ultimate prizes is so small. Having a positive GD doesn't take anywhere close a complete squad.

BelfastRed2021

They flagged for Real’s 2nd and went back to check, why not the same on this one?

It was checked because flag went up 5 seconds after the ball went in the net with this one the linesman flagged and the referee blew ther whistle then it went in the net madrid players had already stopped

Oranges038

What happened to Neuer, lost of concentration, hand slipped ? He was keeping Bayern alive till that big howler.
Looks like he misjudged the bounce ball hit his chest first then his hands and got away from him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Congrats to the local Real supporters. Madrid deserved to win but the circumstances make this really tough.

Withnail

That's irrelevant to the bigger point - we're making excuses why our misfortunes mean we should accept performing like a relegation standard club.

They're in another CL final despite their own issues.

In fact, it's even harder for them considering the margins between winning and losing the ultimate prizes is so small. Having a positive GD doesn't take anywhere close a complete squad.
Ok well if you're going to keep changing your point just to have a rant about United being shit then go off but you're not making a huge amount of sense to me.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats to the local Real supporters. Madrid deserved to win but the circumstances make this really tough.
Thanks for the game, it was really close games, as it usually is.

For what it is worth, it probably was offside, judging by the pictures, though the linesmen should obviously let the play move on.

frostbite

In Madrid you lose two games in a row, you get boos. You don't score two games, you get boos. Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale....all got that treatment. You have bad season, you are sold.
Ruthless club.
In Manchester, you lose 7-0 and it's fine, you get another year to try.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Does Rüdiger's arm count?
It's not de Ligt but Pavlov
clear off to me. Only Rudiger's shoulder count. Kane's head is ahead
Kane? Wasn't even on the pitch anymore. It's de Ligt he wasn't the one challenging Rüdiger.
Rüdiger headed to de Ligt who got a few shot from the penalty point.
I haven't heard any whistle and I doubt the keeper would have held the shot anyway.

Madrid was better the second leg but in the first leg Bayern was better.
We have been cheated worse in Madrid and in the end this one is on Neuer. Bad mistake and of course Madrid very lucky that the ball fell directly to the feet of joselu.
Nacho should have had a red card that's a clear assault without the ball nearby.

Nicoteiro

Real Madrid is Paranormal

I bet my life Neuer wouldn’t have made the mistake against any other club

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Real were clearly the better team today, so they deserved to win, but it is of course so, so bitter because of that situation at the end...

Anyways, congrats to the Real fans on here

joobier

He was moving his head and gesticulating towards Kimmich as though taunting him.
A good player but a Cnut. He faces a lot of racism and that is inexcusable but he is a Cnut in his own right. Not a likable figure
Yeah. I don't mind all that. Not your cup of tea though, obviously. Fair enough.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thanks for the game, it was really close games, as it usually is.

For what it is worth, it probably was offside, judging by the pictures, though the linesmen should obviously let the play move on.
That was a rookie mistake by the ref crew but that is not what i meant with it being a tough loss.
It’s tough because Bayern was literally 5 minutes away from winning the CL (no offense, Dortmund) and then your best player makes a blunder. The second goal was inevitable since Bayern wouldn’t have survived extra time anyways. They were beyond done.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Thank you! As I said to Giorno, reminded me of 2012. I thought it was a very intelligent match.
At the end I was too nervous to evaluate your tactical mistakes or changes. I loved the tie. Now I hope not to see you in a few years, until the final of S.L 2030.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Real were clearly the better team today, so they deserved to win, but it is of course so, so bitter because of that situation at the end...

Anyways, congrats to the Real fans on here
Thanks for the game.

What you think about Tuchel in general? Seems to be a good tactician, but not a good fit for the team overall, maybe?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yep. It was insane. Hero goal keeper and a worldie by the last guy you'd expect off his wrong foot?!?!?! That's OUR playbook ffs. It honestly looked like it was destined for that

But no. Our plot armor cannot be denied :drool: :drool: :drool:

Funny how last summer it was all doom and gloom because Flo refused to spend big on Kane and "we couldn't go into the seasom with Joselu as our only #9"

Well now
Neuer was also being inmense under the goal but it only took a tiny mistake to change it all. :lol:

We still need another striker to rotate Joselu and keep him fresh for next season's UCL. :smirk:

Red00012

Why not? Both clubs are giants in world of football. Yes, Real has more trophies than United but they are both in same tier. And our goal is to be at the top, no?
We are so far off Madrid , we should be compared to Villarreal and Getafe who are also struggling for European football .

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why not? Both clubs are giants in world of football. Yes, Real has more trophies than United but they are both in same tier. And our goal is to be at the top, no?
No, Real is in its own tier.