Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jezpeza

I hate the shithousery of european teams. Feels weird to fight citys corner but that was a pisstake towards the end. Courtuis taking 40 seconds to take a goal kick and stuff.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Madrid’s run to the final deserves massive respect: PSG (finalists 2020); Chelsea (winners 2021); City (finalists 2021). That’s as hard as any you’ll ever see at this level.

Liverpool’s knockout route, on the other hand, was Europa League standard, ffs! Inter, Benfica and Villarreal is as spawny as it gets in the top tier of European football.

Jacob

Impressed with the likes of Vini and Rodrygo who came out of nowhere and turned out to be class. Their recruitment is good.

Idxomer

I hate the shithousery of european teams. Feels weird to fight citys corner but that was a pisstake towards the end. Courtuis taking 40 seconds to take a goal kick and stuff.
Every team in the world would've done the same.

Until they introduce a stop-clock in football, there's no solution to this.

Heinzesight

Liverpool will likely put a few past these with ease.

I assume Real have a few weeks rest over Liverpool Football Club?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Madrid beat City, PSG and Chelsea to get to the final, Liverpool beat Fleetwood, Rotherham and Hamilton.

Bobski

Liverpool easily. City have a better squad than Liverpool player for player but they don't have that edge and mentality that Liverpool have.

VivaRonaldo85

If it was a two legged tie, I’d quite fancy Real. But one game, I think the scouse will outclass them and there won’t be enough time for Real to come back. The only hope is at least Real won’t bottle it on the big stage like City may well have done.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Madrid’s run to the final deserves massive respect: PSG (finalists 2020); Chelsea (winners 2021); City (finalists 2021). That’s as hard as any you’ll ever see at this level.
Was thinking the same. If they end up beating us, they must have had the toughest run in ever recorded.

Edit: Meant their run of knockout games must be the toughest, regardless of whether they beat us of course.

Jezpeza

Every team in the world would've done the same.

Until they introduce a stop-clock in football, there's no solution to this.
true but theres doing it a bit and then theres taking the piss.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Congrats @carvajal and the other merengues. Juanitos spirit is intense. Even I celebrated when Rodrygo did that header :D

GlasgowCeltic

Liverpool’s knockout route was Europa League standard, ffs! Inter, Benfica and Villarreal is as spawny as it gets in the top tier of European football.
Wont ever be a better example of football heritage than Real Madrid beating those three manufactured clubs back to back

Knightmare7

God I love this. Madrid winning is whatever, but getting to see City not only lose, but to lose in the most heartbreaking way imaginable fills me with joy.

Please go take care of Liverpool for us now

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If it was a two legged tie, I’d quite fancy Real. But one game, I think the scouse will outclass them and there won’t be enough time for Real to come back. The only hope is at least Real won’t bottle it on the big stage like City may well have done.
Yep. No Bernabeu to push them over the line could be vital.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
At least we don't have to worry about Pep playing Jesus at left back in the final or something daft.

Lecland07

It was always Liverpool for me, ever since the start of the season. City's goal scorers just don't carry that sense of inevitability in scoring.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Madrid will score for sure, but Klopp ain't losing this final. Focused defense (best CB in the world) + Salah/Mané. And the same kind of mentality that Real has.

3-1 or 3-2.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't care how Madrid do it, just bloody win!

VP

Wont ever be a better example of football heritage than Real Madrid beating those three manufactured clubs back to back
Yes Real Madrid the club with the shoe string budget putting the big spenders in their place while holding out for the European Super League.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
City was just as bad to be fair

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Real will win. Vini will destroy Trent (again).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
14 odd years later and still a country has failed to buy a CL. Feck off City and PSG.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Yes Real Madrid the club with the shoe string budget putting the big spenders in their place while holding out for the European Super League.
I support ESL. It was not a perfect plan but it provides a strong alternative to UEFA.

I prefer it before the CL turns into a Arab/Russian lobbied competition.

always_hoping

The most structured and clinical team normally wins the Champions league and that's Liverpool on both counts. Prove me wrong Real Madrid!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
If the ref favours Madrid in the final as much as he did this game, I can see Liverpool players losing their discipline and picking up a red card or two. Madrid players are masters of shithousery and will pounce on the opportunity if Liverpool get wound up.

Zen

Got to admire Real Madrid. No stupid 5 year rebuilding jobs, no excuses, just keep doing what the biggest club in the world supposed to do.
I mean except for the 10 year rebuilding job building up to the Raul era.... and the what 5 year building job in the Ronaldo(/Current) era. But okay.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats @carvajal and the other merengues. Juanitos spirit is intense. Even I celebrated when Rodrygo did that header :D
Thank you, but I must admit I still don't find physical nor metaphysical explanation for what just happened.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Mate, there's a reason why Real Madrid are desperate for the ESL.... precisely because they can't keep up in spending with clubs like PSG, Chelsea & City....clubs which they just dumped out of the CL.

If you can't appreciate that achievement then seriously, have a word with yourself. Real Madrid threw on youngsters like Rodrygo and Camavinga who ran their socks offs and embarrassed this overpaid City team and you can't even appreciate that?

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I mean except for the 10 year rebuilding job building up to the Raul era.... and the what 5 year building job in the Ronaldo(/Current) era. But okay.
Or the 32 years without a Champions League before the 1998 final vs Juventus.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The Liverpool PED pushers will be in overdrive the next few weeks and somehow Mane and Co will look like its the 1st game of the season .
Fresh as spring lambs