Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

Yeah, but it's bound to lead to some 'UEFA did 9/11' type stuff over on bluemoon if the result holds. :drool:
That’s an added bonus!

I thought Lewandowski’s goal last night was offside, and didn’t see a reply to prove/ disprove it.

You see endless angles and lines in the PL.

I assume it’s a conscious decision to dampen down any controversy.

Superunknown

City look really short up top. The longer it goes on, the more confident Lyon will be to just sit back and soak things up. It really depends on how things for up until the 70th minute, but if Lyon still are still ahead at that point, then I don't see City scoring at all. They'll panic and start doing stupid things. Jesus will miss a chance or two, you just know it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
City look absolutely there to be had on the counter (despite playing 17 holding mids) and will only get more desperate. Lyon just don't haven't got the ball to stick with the forwards when they've had the chance, especially Memphis, unfortunately.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Has Maxwell Cornet had a good season in Ligue Un? Looks really good on this showing.

Infestissumam

don't get why Guardiola went for Rodri, Gündogan AND Fernandinho :houllier: hope I'm wrong, but they'll turn this around once Foden or one of the Silvas come on.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I just love how every year Pep decides the Champions League last eight is the time to tinker with tactics. :p

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ederson is the definition of "hipster" Goalkeeper. Just looks at his positioning :lol:
I'm more concerned by the City defender behind Lyons striker
Both their positioning was fine, the ball came over the top Ederson ran out centrally to close down the striker, the ball broke to the goalscorer before he could recover and the CB was just after getting up from winning a sliding tackle and preventing a clear goal. That was on Fernandinho RCB and Walker RB being nowhere near Cornet LW after both Ederson and Garcia did their jobs.

Fernandinho is not even in shot.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Have City been linked with strikers? Someone like Giroud would give them much needed hold up play up top. Feel like Jesus does nothing in build up.

saivet

Very odd for Pep to switch to a back 3 I think. He tends to do odd tactical things before getting knocked out. He's definitely been guilty of overthinking things.

el3mel

Will Lyon actually do it ? I just hope it's not going to be another PSG - Atalanta sucker punch.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is why it's going to be imperative for City to replace Aguero this season or next - Jesus is good to an extent but they really miss a top level striker in games like these.

Superunknown

City look absolutely there to be had on the counter (despite playing 17 holding mids) and will only get more desperate. Lyon just don't haven't got the ball to stick with the forwards when they've had the chance, especially Memphis, unfortnately.
City are full of midfielders and feck all else. Attacking mids, playmakers, defensive mids, the lot. Pep only knows how to buy one type of player. :lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’ve said for a very long time Aouar is a great player. Feck Grealish get Aouar!

Tremendous with the ball.

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
Pep way over thinks the Champions League, completely killed De Bruyne for 35 minutes and conceded a goal straight out of the Championship.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone is sick of Linekar word play. Bloody fecking try hard.

padr81

Supports
Man City
This is why it's going to be imperative for City to replace Aguero this season or next - Jesus is good to an extent but they really miss a top level striker in games like these.
The problem is who do you get to replace Aguero, sure theres better than Jesus but where do we shop, all the top strikers and potentially top strikers are already at top clubs or going there.

LVGSdive

Lyon definitely need another, can't see City not scoring here
City look toothless for the most part going forward so far. Lyon look a lot more dangerous than City so far and City are only going to get more desperate. I'll predict 2-0 Lyon with a late breakaway goal. I hope I'm wrong because I want to see penalties so I hope it's 1-1.

Zoo

The Lyon keeper and Jason Derulo both look dodgy. They can’t just sit in and defend the whole second half.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The problem is who do you get to replace Aguero, sure theres better than Jesus but where do we shop, all the top strikers and potentially top strikers are already at top clubs or going there.
I think Kane would be fantastic for you.