Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
City lack ideas when teams are in shape. Aguero is the difference. Without him, they lose so muc.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think Kane would be fantastic for you.
Kane would be a great choice but Levy would likely take half of squad in return. Probably the only gettable one though. I always thought Richarlison could do a top up top for us too, maybe rotating with sterling (sorry). I think only Kane could match Aguero numbers though, maybe Auba but he's getting on. Its a tough one and like CB its a hole we need to fill. I like Jesus but I think he needs a partner to excel and he was signed to play the 532 we tinkered with before Mendy's first big injury.

Rajma

Can’t believe Pep has left out Mahrez, B. Silva, Foden/D.Silva to play 3dms against Lyon:lol: He really loves tinkering in the CL for no apparent reason.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Kane would be a great choice but Levy would likely take half of squad in return. Probably the only gettable one though. I always thought Richarlison could do a top up top for us too, maybe rotating with sterling (sorry). I think only Kane could match Aguero numbers though, maybe Auba but he's getting on. Its a tough one and like CB its a hole we need to fill. I like Jesus but I think he needs a partner to excel and he was signed to play the 532 we tinkered with before Mendy's first big injury.
I think if Kane goes another season trophyless he'll be gettable / would start pushing for a move and I think you're right that he'd be the only one capable of putting up Aguero numbers. I agree about Richy too, he'd probably get around 20 goals a season with you and I maintain my belief that he's the most 'complete' forward in the league when looking at attack and defence combined, his defensive contribution is ridiculous and completely aligns with Peps philosophy of winning the ball back as soon as you lose it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
One of City's biggest problems is the fact that their attacking players are positioned way too high. The midfield 3 is sitting right in front of them, and the deeper midfielders don't have any passing options to them. The other problem's that barely any of them are attempting to make any runs beyond Lyon's defensive line. It's making City easier to deal with.

It's time for them to stop respecting Lyon and start making Lyon respect them; they'll need to take Fernandinho out and bring in one of Bernardo Silva or Riyad Mahrez; they don't need to worry so much about Aouar anymore since Lyon will start sitting back more.

Superunknown

City are completely relying on one of Sterling or De Bruyne (and eventually Mahrez or Silva) to bail them out. An individual bit of magic. The system they're playing is really hurting them and it just looks like an absolute mess. I just hope Lyon can keep their cool because they're in an amazing position.

Woodzy

Who the feck is this Dubois player? That foul throw and those two defensive clearances seem a bit dubious to me.

Devil81

They may very well win this match but the starting eleven for City tonight is dogshite.

Garcia, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogen, Fernandinho, Jesus.

For various reasons or another, they are either in decline or a major downgrade on what's gone before. City needs a huge overall in my opinion.

Why has Bernardo Silva been bombed out?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not sure what Jesus wants.. he literally never jumps for header and wants a foul every time someone beats him to the ball

Zoo

What are these commentators on, Fernandinho accidentally trod on his achilles, you can see it clearly on the replay. British commentators are so lame.

Devil81

Mahrez will change this game for them, should never be on the bench his threat cutting in is a game-changer.

Irrational.

What are these commentators on, Fernandinho accidentally trod on his achilles, you can see it clearly on the replay. British commentators are so lame.
Yep, McManaman adopting the 'British footballers are as honest as they come' attitude. Prick.

slored1

Such bias by the commentators, Fernandinho clearly steps on his foot in the replay, while they talk about how it was nothing.

Pace Abuser

People thought City would be favourites against Bayern.. the German's are another planet to everyone else at the moment.