Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

Walters_19_MuFc

Can already see what all the fuss is about regards Upamechano. Dominant, both on and off the ball. Impressive so far.

Last edited:

E-mal

Upamecano looks very comfortable on the ball.
That's who is called a ball playing defender, not someone that takes ages to play the ball forward.
Am not so sure of his defensive side though.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
That's who is called a ball playing defender, not someone that takes ages to play the ball forward.
Am not so sure of his defensive side though.
Only 21 years old though, plenty of time for him to improve the defensive side of his game

Toni Roncoroni

Why not now? His renewal is nothing special.
I think he has an inserted release clause that can be activated next summer. At least I think that I was reading that. They have a few interesting players like Lainer, Sabitzer and of course him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've been saying this about Upamecano.

I'd hate to see him join a rival.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't know, it feels like a standard back 3 setup. The wide defender will always drift out to take on the winger whilst the rest of the team adjusts accordingly (shift towards the wing, or a midfielder plugs the gap between the wide defender and the central one). In a way, this feels more like an old-school back 3 setup with 2 old-school (i.e. 1950s) full backs and one centre-half.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Leipzig are doing better than I thought they would. Although they're not exactly dangerous in attack so far.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Asks Man Utd's fans here that were at old trafford last year if PSG's fans are fake.

I do agree there's marketing at play here and that our fanbase (outside a very strong core) isn't as dedicated as it is for Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United. But we do have amazing supporters for decades now.
Aren't many on here that know a thing about French football. PSG is mostly known as an underachiving club pre-blood money. You fill the stadium on the regular but you bloddy well should being the only football club in Paris. Still a better argument than pointing to a blog post about essentially plasticity.

alexthelion

Barca have been underwhelming in recent times, especially in this competition. Enough to mention the last two years fiascos. It's not even really fun to watch them anymore, with that slow buildup and predictable patterns. But they are still a side stacked with experience, talent, and they also have the best player in the history of the game. When they're at their best, they're still better than anyone.
Thought Maradona (or Pele) retired years ago.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Jesus is that Nagelsmann shouting??
Yup, he's quite vocal, but he's been particularly loud today.
These Leipzig forwards are making terrible decisions, not as lethal without Werner there.
It's not like Werner made any better decisions. The difference now is that they don't have another forward who makes the same sort of runs that Werner does. Poulsen plays as a target man, and everyone else around him prefers to have the ball at their feet rather than ahead of them. I'm actually surprised that Laimer isn't played in a more midfield role; he can make the sort of runs that Leipzig currently require.

E-mal

The Angelino fella is pretty poor actually. Sticks out as a sore thumb in this team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We should be looking at trying to sign upamecano, looks comfortable on the ball and dominant in the air.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I am a Red Bull fan tonight - Hope Nkunku will have a good game

E-mal

Why are we bothering about a left footed centre back. Just go for Upemacano for feck sake.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Leipzig are actually playing a 442 without the ball. Then it morphs into whatever when attacking.