Champions League Last 16 games - Feb/Mar 2015

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I was thinking this to begin with but I think the psychological blow of getting knocked out by Monaco in the last 16 will be significant. I want Liverpool and Spurs to stay in the Europa because that is more awkward to manage than the CL but Arsenal getting knocked out of the CL is good for us IMO.
I doubt it, Arsenal are usually pretty good at bouncing back from setbacks.
Disgusting performance. Absolutely shit.. Bunch of morons playing as if they have the right to win any match. No way they will progress. Totally gutted with such players. Wenger should be put infront of a firing squad or handed over to Piers Morgan.
:lol:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
We did it about 3 months ago.
That did cross my mind, but it was just really the 2nd goal - one good counter-attack. The rest of that game we were hanging on, especially first half.

Monaco were really comfortable tonight and never really hanging on. Then they'd hit them on the counter-attack time and time again. Like we used to be.

Sweet Square

Favourite line from the game

Oxlade Chamberlain scores-

5live commentator - 'Arsenal fans haven't given up.. well the ones that have't left the stadium'

Sweet Square

That did cross my mind, but it was just really the 2nd goal - one good counter-attack. The rest of that game we were hanging on, especially first half.

Monaco were really comfortable tonight and never really hanging on. Then they'd hit them on the counter-attack time and time again. Like we used to be.
The Di Maria miss at the end of the game as well ?

Mystry

Friendship is magic

We would've hit them on the counter a load of times if either Rooney or Di Maria knew how to hold their runs.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How often do you think Ozil thinks about Real Madrid winning the Champions League the season after he left?

On the basis of today; a lot.

Moutinho, Kondogbia, Berbatov, Martiel, Ferreira-Carrasco and Abdennour were class.
I'd say Ozil leaving Madrid massively helped them win the CL.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

They have quicker attackers than us sadly. Specially with the changes Jardim, he kept adding on pace.

Raul Madrid

Disgusting performance. Absolutely shit.. Bunch of morons playing as if they have the right to win any match. No way they will progress. Totally gutted with such players. Wenger should be put infront of a firing squad or handed over to Piers Morgan.
:lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Just seen the score.

Typical Arsenal. The one time they had a relatively easier draw. :lol:

Ofcourse this will help their bid to qualify for their elimination in the last 16 for next year.

U99ted

We would've hit them on the counter a load of times if either Rooney or Di Maria knew how to hold their runs.
Yeah, and Di Maria fluffed an easy chance for 0-3, while the ref blew for offside incorrectly on Rooney when he was through on goal.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
So like the setting of the sun in recent years we are left to Cary England, what a total waste of 3 champions league slots. Liverpool can't get out of their group, City somehow get through but as usual cant escape the 16 and Arsenal draw the easiest first place team and somehow feck it up.

I agree though Joses tactics are so dull and boring and useless, much better we play the 'right way' and get dicked.

Hurry up and get back in this competition United so we have another proper team in the competition.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
So like the setting of the sun in recent years we are left to Cary England, what a total waste of 3 champions league slots. Liverpool can't get out of their group, City somehow get through but as usual cant escape the 16 and Arsenal draw the easiest first place team and somehow feck it up.

I agree though Joses tactics are so dull and boring and useless, much better we play the 'right way' and get dicked.

Hurry up and get back in this competition United so we have another proper team in the competition.
Bit premature that, you still got a return leg vs PSG.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

I see you've already forgotten last season's CL. Chelsea fans were telling us all what a genius Mourinho was for getting a 0-0 draw away at Atletico. How did that end up?

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Bit premature that, you still got a return leg vs PSG.
Yes but we have a massively favourable result and I think its karma after all the unmerited criticism from unsuccessful clubs about Joses game plans that only got us a 1-1 away draw with the best team in France.