Champions League | Matchday 6

fergieisold

You have really really strange reactions on here to incidents revolving around racism. And sometimes even stranger reactions to people trying to explain such incidents to you (not even talking in particular about this one).

You will rightly not care what a random stranger on the Internet thinks but I'm pretty much done giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Critical thinking should be applied to everything though. Just because I question what’s happened tonight doesn’t mean I think I’m right, I’m just trying to understand what’s gone on!

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Good times when Barca were chastising Ernesto Valverde for leading the league table 3 years in a row and losing 3-4 on aggregate to the most in-form Liverpool side in 3 decades.

This new Barca 3 points above relegation, getting rekt at home by any half decent side, under a coach who plays 4-2-4 against a 5 men midfield Juve, is sure as hell the biggest improvement I've ever seen in football. :lol:
True, Valverde won league titles so casually that the fans starting believing they would win them by default, didnt turn out that way.
I think they would have won 3 in a row if they didnt fire him for some Betis-nobody.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Critical thinking should be applied to everything though. Just because I question what’s happened tonight doesn’t mean I think I’m right, I’m just trying to understand what’s gone on!
You're not questioning what's happened tonight. Just like you don't question what's happened in previous incidents.

You usually come in, deny something is racist,

You commenting on other people being 'woke' and sarcastically suggesting others call you racist for no reason is not trying to understand what's gone on. It's just trolling other people, as you seem to revel in doing unless someone has done something that for you is explicty and unreservedly racist (ie nigger, racist beating etc).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True, Valverde won league titles so casually that the fans starting believing they would win them by default, didnt turn out that way.
I think they would have won 3 in a row if they didnt fire him for some Betis-nobody.
They were already coming apart at the seams under him and there's no way to know how they would have fared with him post-COVID

This barca side is a young team missing their defensive pillar(and now all the people who've been criticising pique might start to realize just how huge he was for them), their best goalscorer, and the guy who covered the cracks that had been there since the end of the 15/16 season by turning into a God is now very human and very unhappy to be there

fergieisold

You're not questioning what's happened tonight. Just like you don't question what's happened in previous incidents.

You usually come in, deny something is racist,

You commenting on other people being 'woke' and sarcastically suggesting others call you racist for no reason is not trying to understand what's gone on. It's just trolling other people, as you seem to revel in doing unless someone has done something that for you is explicty and unreservedly racist (ie nigger, racist beating etc).
Well will you tell me what was said in the PSG match that was racist? I don’t know, you don’t know, and it would be premature to say Im trolling when we have no idea what was said and in what context.

Sjaakmeoff

Hard to say if the intentions were wrong. If you point out someone in a group, you usually use physical characteristics.."the guy with the ponytail", "the redhead", "the guy with the dick-tattoo on his forehead"...but some characteristics you can't point out.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Why would he mention his color ? He's an assistant coach after all.
The refs don't know the names of the assistant coaches, my guess is that he was just trying to identify him and there was a bit of a misunderstand due to language barrier. We'll know exactly what happened soon enough though

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The refs don't know the names of the assistant coaches, my guess is that he was just trying to identify him and there was a bit of a misunderstand due to language barrier. We'll know exactly what happened soon enough though
We know what happened, the french TV played a clear sample. The refs were talking between themselves in romanian, the 4th refs told the pitch ref who to give the card to by calling the assistant "negru", meaning black in romanian. He said it twice.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Still, it's very stupid thing to do tbh. He could have pointed at him. Skin color description in the current context, it's asking for trouble

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well will you tell me what was said in the PSG match that was racist? I don’t know, you don’t know, and it would be premature to say Im trolling when we have no idea what was said and in what context.
You replying sarcastically to someone that 'they're so woke cos they don't see skin colour' is trolling. Your trolling is totally independent of what was or wasn't said in the PSG match.

As I've said, I've had these discussions with you multiple times and given you the benefit of the doubt each time but your response in pretty much any thread involving a hint of racism is always the same. So don't think there's any need to really.

I can go back to being 'woke' and jlic an go back to investigating what happened in the match I guess.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pirlo asking for a yellow to get Lenglet send off... what a cnut. Pirlo that is.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
We know what happened, the french TV played a clear sample. The refs were talking between themselves in romanian, the 4th refs told the pitch ref who to give the card to by calling the assistant "negru", meaning black in romanian. He said it twice.
If this is the case then it's collective gross incompetence on the officials, perhaps with a racist undertone but that would be difficult to ajudge without knowing the officials' conduct in their daily lives and if anything within the sideline incident(s) led to the use of the singling out by color.

The proper way should have been to call over the manager to ask the name of the assistant and then send off that particular person by name or once the assistant reported over to the official. All of this could have been avoided with competence.

fergieisold

You replying sarcastically to someone that 'they're so woke cos they don't see skin colour' is trolling. Your trolling is totally independent of what was or wasn't said in the PSG match.

As I've said, I've had these discussions with you multiple times and given you the benefit of the doubt each time but your response in pretty much any thread involving a hint of racism is always the same. So don't think there's any need to really.

I can go back to being 'woke' and jlic an go back to investigating what happened in the match I guess.
They’re the most controversial threads and a topic I find interesting, Not going to deny some of the ‘woke’ stuff annoys me, probably because I just don’t see how it’s helping.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That defending by United, guarantee they defend like Baresi and co at the weekend after the shit show today.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
And I thought our defense is shit. Clownish defending from United, what was that?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
We can enjoy Thursdays together now, United fans