Next Tuesday:

ManCity - PSG
Real Madrid - Wolfsburg

Next Wednesday:

Atletico - Barcelona
Benfica - Bayern

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
City to get a 0-0 or 1-1 and progress on away goals.

Wolfsburg to score meaning Real need 4 goals. Wolfsburg to progress.

City to play Wolfsburg in the SF meaning they are one game away from lifting the trophy. City to win it.

Dippers to beat Dortmund, presumably on away goals. Free passage to the final. Dippers to win it.

United to finish 4th. United miss out on CL.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think City will go through on away goals with a draw, Atletico will beat Barca 1-0 and progress, Bayern will win in Lisbon and Real will beat Wolfsburg 4-0 or 5-0.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Headline in the French nationwide daily newspaper devoted to sports.

Despite a risk of relapse, Verrati is likely to come back and start against City :drool:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
OUT:

- Pastore: injured
- Matuidi: suspended
- David Luiz: suspended --- good news because Marquinhos is better

Cavani deserves the bench

We should have the following team

paulscholes18

City to get a 0-0 or 1-1 and progress on away goals.

Wolfsburg to score meaning Real need 4 goals. Wolfsburg to progress.

City to play Wolfsburg in the SF meaning they are one game away from lifting the trophy. City to win it.

Dippers to beat Dortmund, presumably on away goals. Free passage to the final. Dippers to win it.

United to finish 4th. United miss out on CL.
Nope, means 6 English teams in the Champions League

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
ManCity 1-2 PSG
Real Madrid 3-1 Wolfsburg

Atletico 2-1 Barcelona (Atletico on penalty kicks)
Benfica 1-1 Bayern

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Very tough, Bayern seem like the only one with a clear favourite and even then Pep's away record isn't great.

I expect Barcelona to go through though. They've been in poor form but they'll maybe find it easier knowing Atlético will at some stage have to push for a goal, creating space for them.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Very tough, Bayern seem like the only one with a clear favourite and even then Pep's away record isn't great.

I expect Barcelona to go through though. They've been in poor form but they'll maybe find it easier knowing Atlético will at some stage have to push for a goal, creating space for them.
I'm not sure Atletico will actually do that. They'll play their usual game and hope to win it 1-0 with a goal from a set-piece. Maybe late in the game, the last 15-20 minutes, they'll change their approach if it's still 0-0, but I don't think they'll do it from the start.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not sure Atletico will actually do that. They'll play their usual game and hope to win it 1-0 with a goal from a set-piece. Maybe late in the game, the last 15-20 minutes, they'll change their approach if it's still 0-0, but I don't think they'll do it from the start.
Yeah, you could be right. Interesting whether Barcelona would push for an early away goal in that scenario. Probably yes.

Suárez could be the key, he's the difference maker against low block defences, and now he's got a rest after the weekend ban. Just needs to start better than last time.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'm sure PSG will win for the following reasons:

- The come-back of the Italian Genius, our master mind: Marco Verratti
- I can't imagine PSG making another consecutive disappointing performance against City
- City is abnormally confident
- No David Luiz. Marquinhos will play and have the opportunity to shine and make Laurent Blanc understand once for all that Luiz is not the future.
- Hopefully Cavani on the bench: a good CF but a ridiculous player on the wing. Lucas scored 2 goals yesterday: interesting.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
OUT:

That team will knock City out, probably fairly comfortably.

Blackwidow

Pep's away record - atleast with Bayern - is influenced by away matches in the first leg in which he set up his team to control not to attack. I do not think that the team has an away problem and I doubt that Pep will set up the team in a second leg to control if away goals are that important.

Sigma

Can't wait for these games, all of them are in the balance.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Did he get injured yesterday? And it would be a massive loss for you guys.
Knocks for him and Rafinha from last night's game. With Mathieu already out, we'd have to play either Vermaelen or Bartra. Which may be suicidal against a set piece/counter attacking team.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
A Belgian newspaper put the response of Pellegrini's defiant response to Wilmot's concerns about playing Kompany again this season in the obituary section which was pretty amusing. If Kompany is fit and can actually last the ninety minutes against PSG it would be a miracle. Having him play would be such a boost, we'll need Aguero on top form otherwise.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A Belgian newspaper put the response of Pellegrini's defiant response to Wilmot's concerns about playing Kompany again this season in the obituary section which was pretty amusing. If Kompany is fit and can actually last the ninety minutes against PSG it would be a miracle. Having him play would be such a boost, we'll need Aguero on top form otherwise.
I am sure we will have some goals. Good luck ;)

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
We're going to score 3, be euphoric and complacent and concede in the dying minutes of the game.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Theonas

Scout
We're going to score 3, be euphoric and complacent and concede in the dying minutes of the game.

Oh well, there's always next year.
I understand it when City fans joke about their team choking. They have some history in that regard but Real? I can't remember the last time something like that happened. It seems like it is always black and white with you guys, great performance and a comprehensive win or a disastrous defeat :D

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

The referee for the game city-psg: his name is Carlos Velasco Carballo.

The Spanish referee likes to give a lot of penalties

Curious to see if that is true :smirk:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Reports tonight Otamendi might miss the game, which means the return of Demichelis unless Kompany can make it. If so, good luck in the semi-final.
I'm sure even Demichelis can have a good game every now and then. :p

I hope both teams can field their strongest eleven, it will make a better watch and a more deserving winner.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

I hope both teams can field their strongest eleven, it will make a better watch and a more deserving winner.
I like Demichelis and before this season he had been our best defender for at least 12 months, but this year he has been dreadful in pretty much every game he's played. Genuinely would play Sagna at CB over him and put Zabaleta in the team. Agreed, I'd prefer it if we both had a fully fit side but ultimately with the money the teams have spent there can be no excuses.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@BobbyManc

Last week, I was disappointed by the performances of Aguero and David Silva: are they declining ?

DeBruyne better behind the striker or on the wing?

Touré will make you stronger.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City and Bayern to go through.

I'd normally have gone for Barcelona but they've turned wank of late and Atletico is the least suitable opponent in this situation.

prarek

Demechelis was actually their best defender for 2 years but he's 35 years old now and his age is showing.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
@BobbyManc

Last week, I was disappointed by the performances of Aguero and David Silva: are they declining ?
Interested in the answer to this. Silva's definitely on the decline, and I think Aguero is too (he looks slower/ less agile as well), but don't watch enough of City to say if I've just caught him out of form and fitness.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
@BobbyManc

DeBruyne better behind the striker or on the wing?

Touré will make you stronger.
David Silva, possibly. He started the season in excellent form but picked up an injury and since his return he has been very poor, his worst spell of form in a City shirt. However he has been playing with a pain in his ankle (hence did not play v West Brom) and because of injuries we have been unable to rest him until now. I would not say he is in decline because of his injury, but obviously if his form remains as it is next season then we have a problem.

Aguero, no not at all. He was poor v PSG but he is human and he is not in his best moment right now, although he was very good and energetic on Saturday. Most seasons he will have an average run of form and he is in one right now but he still has the best goals per minute ratio in the league this season.

De Bruyne is better in a central role 100%. He is our best player right now and we do not have the players to benefit from his crossing if he plays out wide, which is the only advantage I can see to him playing there. Toure will help us in possession for sure and it is a huge boost to have him back but Pellegrini has to be careful about trusting him with any defensive duties, especially if Pastore recovers.

Injury news today as well. Otamendi did not train but Kompany did, yet Pellegrini has said Otamendi will be ok to play but it is too soon for Vincent :(

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
When even Messi's lobbed diagonal through balls are useless you know they are done.

Revan

Assumptionman
PSG, Atletico, Wolfsburg and Bayern to progress in the next stage, Atletico to win the trophy.

Revan

Assumptionman
OUT:

This team is better than City in defense, much better in midfield and equal in attack. If this team starts, I think that PSG will progress.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
This team is better than City in defense, much better in midfield and equal in attack. If this team starts, I think that PSG will progress.
Of course, I cant' disagree with you :D

Aguero, De Bruyne and Touré are the major threats.

Our leaders on the pitch who make the PSG better are:

1. Ibra
2. Verratti: delighted to see him back
3. Thiago Motta: without Verratti, he is weaker given his age
4. Thiago Silva

Verratti-Motta is the engine room: close friendship and complementarity on the pitch

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Knocks for him and Rafinha from last night's game. With Mathieu already out, we'd have to play either Vermaelen or Bartra. Which may be suicidal against a set piece/counter attacking team.
Now Vermaelen is out with a calf injury. Plus, Rizzoli is refereeing the match. Atleti have a perfect record with him. The stars are aligned.