Champions League QF - 2nd leg - April 12th/13th 2016 - Discussions & Live

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Now Vermaelen is out with a calf injury. Plus, Rizzoli is refereeing the match. Atleti have a perfect record with him. The stars are aligned.
Vermaelen isn't a big loss. Piqué would be though, even a half fit Piqué isn't going to be good.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Very tough, Bayern seem like the only one with a clear favourite and even then Pep's away record isn't great.

I expect Barcelona to go through though. They've been in poor form but they'll maybe find it easier knowing Atlético will at some stage have to push for a goal, creating space for them.
Just seen on Twitter that he was won just 4 out of 21 CL knock-out games with Barca and Bayern Munich.

gaucho_10

Bayern
Barca
City
Real

Bayern - City
Barca - Real

Bayern - Real

Real

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Bayern
Barca
City
Real

Bayern - City
Barca - Real

Bayern - Real

Real

Bayern
Atletico
City
Wolfsburg

Bayern - Wolfsburg
City - Atletico

Bayern - Atletico

Bayern

Though i would looooooooooooove to see Bayern - City in the semis. :drool:

But considering that Bayern hit bad form the third time in a row under Guardiola, that's the only way where i can see us winning it. :mad: Im not even sure if we get past Benfica like that...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bayern
Atletico
City
Wolfsburg

Bayern - Wolfsburg
City - Atletico

Bayern - Atletico

Bayern

Though i would looooooooooooove to see Bayern - City in the semis. :drool:

But considering that Bayern hit bad form the third time in a row under Guardiola, that's the only way where i can see us winning it. :mad: Im not even sure if we get past Benfica like that...
Jeez, talk about pessimistic. 1-0 is an excellent result at home.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Manchester City vs PSG | Marco Verratti out, Javier Pastore in

According to our colleagues at Goal FR, PSG are set to be without Marco Verratti, certainly from the starting XI, but most likely from the squad altogether, when they face Manchester City tomorrow in the Champions League Quarter Final.

There is better news for Javier Pastore, who is fully available for selection. PSG are without David Luiz and Blaise Matuidi through suspension.

The whispers coming from journalists who are watching PSG’s training session this afternoon in Manchester is that Laurent Blanc is considering a 3-5-2 formation for tomorrow’s match, although the details of how that would work have yet of filter through.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sam Lee ‏@Sammy_Goal

Marco Verratti trains alone. If he plays tomorrow, Blanc will have pulled off a very cunning ruse

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It's more how we don't have any CBs available other than an out of form Bartra.
Yeah, fair enough. Mascherano and Bartra sounds pretty woeful...and I say that as a huge fan of Mascherano, even ignoring the lack of back-up.

Blackwidow

I just follow the order of the Bavarian TV to spread this...

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I just follow the order of the Bavarian TV to spread this...

Thanks for sharing it, great as always these little clips with the stars.

However, it's just words... absolutely meaningless until they act on it. Or like my first reaction was: "That's exactly the type of trailer a corrupt organisation would publish to improve their image." The honesty bit is so cynical...

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Vato

In France, we consider Varane as a player who hasn't improved since 2014 and lacks the required tips to be a great defender.

What are your views?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
@Vato

In France, we consider Varane as a player who hasn't improved since 2014 and lacks the required tips to be a great defender.

What are your views?
I think he's amazing and find it very weird that he isn't starting ahead of Pepe. That said, he's had a couple of dodgy moments at the start of the season, but which player is flawless all the time?

Theonas

Scout
I think he's amazing and find it very weird that he isn't starting ahead of Pepe. That said, he's had a couple of dodgy moments at the start of the season, but which player is flawless all the time?
Many seem to be big fans of Varane and a lot consider him one of the best defenders in Europe which I find strange considering none of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Benitez or Zidane now made him an automatic starter. I know that it is difficult to get ahead of Ramos and Pepe but if you really are one of the best in the continent, you should be able to do so. I never like to judge defenders myself as I consider it such a difficult position to judge the quality of the individual but if a succession of top managers have the same opinion, they surely can't all be wrong?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Thanks for sharing it, great as always these little clips with the stars.

However, it's just words... absolutely meaningless until they act on it. Or like my first reaction was: "That's exactly the type of trailer a corrupt organisation would publish to improve their image." The honesty bit is so cynical...
Err... it's a parody mate. :p

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Many seem to be big fans of Varane and a lot consider him one of the best defenders in Europe which I find strange considering none of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Benitez or Zidane now made him an automatic starter. I know that it is difficult to get ahead of Ramos and Pepe but if you really are one of the best in the continent, you should be able to do so. I never like to judge defenders myself as I consider it such a difficult position to judge the quality of the individual but if a succession of top managers have the same opinion, they surely can't all be wrong?
Well, I think it has to do with him being too young under Mourinho and Ancelotti and he also got quite a few injuries which played another part in him not securing a first team spot.

He's still very young and I have no doubt he will be our first choice CB very soon.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A pillar of the French team but we have lost against Germany: he failed to prevent Hummels from scoring in 2014 following a free-kick (loss 0-1)

salford_

I really fancied City to win tonight and go through, but seeing the team PSG may put out, i just cant see them not scoring. But I think City will score too. Im on the fence now

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Really excited about both games tonight. I expect PSG to be the better team tonight, but not sure if they can score enough to go through. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends in a draw, maybe we'll see extratime.

The Real - Wolfsburg match is interesting. Wolfsburg needs to score in the first half in my opinion. If not they'll falter under the pressure. I hope they don't start too passive and invite too much pressure on them, because they won't sustain it long enough. If they start confident, try to attack themselves a bit to relieve the pressure and don't get too nervous after most likely conceding at one point, they have a chance. I expect Real to go through though, similar to our quarterfinal last year when we turned that awful 3-1 loss in Porto into a 6-1 homewin. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I don't know how big a difference it makes. It's kinda weird though.
That's an increase of hundreds of square meters. Stretches the field and loads more room to cover for the Wolfsburg players. I would say it makes a difference.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
That's an increase of hundreds of square meters. Stretches the field and loads more room to cover for the Wolfsburg players. I would say it makes a difference.
It's more that they don't need these to beat Wolfsburg. But yeah, unless Wolfsburg already trained on the extended ground, it's kinda low.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Pretty sure it happens all the time that clubs do stuff like that. Nothing wrong with it as long as it's within the rules (I think the width has to be between 64 and 68m ?) I'm fairly certain that many small clubs do the opposite against elite teams to make it easier for them to park the bus. What's surprising is that the pitch wasn't at its maximum before? I always thought that all the elite clubs regularly play with the maximum (105mx68m if I'm not mistaken).

Enigma_87

You know who

I don't know how big a difference it makes. It's kinda weird though.
It stretches them as Real expects Wolfsburg to sit back, but in the same time leaves more space for counter. Probably a good idea if Wolfsburg start camped outside their box.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Pretty sure it happens all the time that clubs do stuff like that. Nothing wrong with it as long as it's within the rules (I think the width has to be between 64 and 68m ?) I'm fairly certain that many small clubs do the opposite against elite teams to make it easier for them to park the bus. What's surprising is that the pitch wasn't at its maximum before? I always thought that all the elite clubs regularly play with the maximum (105mx68m if I'm not mistaken).
Not saying it's illegal, given it's within the rules. It's better than what AC Milan did against Arsenal a few years ago or Chelsea vs Barca in 2006. I'm just wondering if they did it before or after Wolfsburg trained on the pitch.

It stretches them as Real expects Wolfsburg to sit back, but in the same time leaves more space for counter. Probably a good idea if Wolfsburg start camped outside their box.
Yeah I can see the advantage, though don't know how much of an extension it is.

They should beat them regardless.

devil in me

I find myself, shockingly, wanting City to win tonight. Based on; 1. PSG really think that they're something special and 2. It would be good for England's coefficient. Plus, City aren't going to win the tournament so it doesn't really matter if they win, right?

Dominos

I find myself, shockingly, wanting City to win tonight. Based on; 1. PSG really think that they're something special and 2. It would be good for England's coefficient. Plus, City aren't going to win the tournament so it doesn't really matter if they win, right?
They could play 8th placed Wolfsburg in the semis and then they just have to win a one off game in the final.. Of course they can win it.

4 CL places is secure for now, it's not been a bad season coefficient wise we don't need to worry about that now to the extent we want City to win.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You deserve your alias: you pact with the devil!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Not saying it's illegal, given it's within the rules. It's better than what AC Milan did against Arsenal a few years ago or Chelsea vs Barca in 2006. I'm just wondering if they did it before or after Wolfsburg trained on the pitch.
Doing it after Wolfsburg trained on the pitch would be a bit shitty indeed. If it's allowed, I kinda like it though. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be one of the 4 semifinalists in the CL. I'm so annoyed by all that complaining about bad pitches from the 'elite' teams and that includes Bayern. God, how much that annoys me when Rummenigge crys about stuff like that.