Champions League QF - 2nd leg - April 12th/13th 2016 - Discussions & Live

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think you can have anything else than 105*68m for CL or EL matches, it's part of the regulations for a category 4 stadium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories
Interesting. That would mean that Real played on a smaller pitch on the weekend in the league and had to go back to the regular CL size anyway? Maybe they didn't want to run that much against Eibar?

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Real Madrid lost in Wolfsburg on a pitch sized 105m x 68m (according to http://www.transfermarkt.de/vfl-wolfsburg/stadion/verein/82). In other words, Wolfsburg are used to that size from all their home games.

It would be hilarious if Real Madrid got ruled out because they extended the size beyond UEFA's regulations.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How? It's within the rules while trying to gain advantage. I see no difference.
Ahh you meant no difference between expanding the field and making it wet because it's both within the rules - agree with you on that.

I thought you meant there is no difference between a wet field and a dry one.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Ahh you meant no difference between expanding the field and making it wet because it's both within the rules - agree with you on that.

I thought you meant there is no difference between a wet field and a dry one.
Gotcha. Big difference with the wet and dry.

I've played on a swamp before in St Helens then moved to Florida and played on basically concrete.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Interesting. That would mean that Real played on a smaller pitch on the weekend in the league and had to go back to the regular CL size anyway? Maybe they didn't want to run that much against Eibar?
That's the most likely explanation. With 3 days separating the games they wouldn't play a youth game or anything in between.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Doing it after Wolfsburg trained on the pitch would be a bit shitty indeed. If it's allowed, I kinda like it though. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be one of the 4 semifinalists in the CL. I'm so annoyed by all that complaining about bad pitches from the 'elite' teams and that includes Bayern. God, how much that annoys me when Rummenigge crys about stuff like that.
Extending the pitch should not be that big a disadvantage for most top teams. Xavi used to complain about bad pitches or ones with long grass, since they can either cause injuries or disrupt passing. But it's when teams take it too far that you start to have a problem with it.

VanGaalEra

Really hoping Madrid can make it through tonight just in case City get through. Don't want a City v Wolfsburg Semi :nervous:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
City - PSG 1-3
Real - Wolfsburg 3-1

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I find myself, shockingly, wanting City to win tonight. Based on; 1. PSG really think that they're something special and 2. It would be good for England's coefficient. Plus, City aren't going to win the tournament so it doesn't really matter if they win, right?
1. The coefficient isn't under threat this season.

2. Don't be the United fan who wants City to win.

salford_

PSG playing 3-5-2

Trapp - Aurier, Silva (c), Marquinhos - VdW, Rabiot, Motta, Maxwell - Di Maria - Ibrahimovic, Cavani.

ZAGREB RED

Kind of hoping for an Ibrahimovic-inspired win from PSG tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few goals, I just hope PSG outscore City....

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
PSG playing 3-5-2

Trapp - Aurier, Silva (c), Marquinhos - VdW, Rabiot, Motta, Maxwell - Di Maria - Ibrahimovic, Cavani.
And they're the away team :lol: Dude has some balls, I'll give him that.

Might watch this. Give myself a lil break from DS3.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Vieirinha, Draxler, Henrique, Schürrle, Dante, Gustavo, Guilavogui, Naldo, Arnold, Rodriguez
subs: Casteels - Schäfer, Caligiuri, Kruse, Dost, Träsch, Knoche

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Vieirinha, Draxler, Henrique, Schürrle, Dante, Gustavo, Guilavogui, Naldo, Arnold, Rodriguez
subs: Casteels - Schäfer, Caligiuri, Kruse, Dost, Träsch, Knoche
I'm very confident in the ability of Wolfsburg to reach the semis

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Two great games on the cards tonight. I've got money on PSG and Madrid, annoyingly. Would have loved to see Wolfsburg go through otherwise.

ThierryHenry

Just read on the beeb that City were still advertising tickets for the game this week (meaning it's not sold out)... What the feck? How is that even slightly possible?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'm not, but I hope I'm wrong.
Question mark about the defence of Wolfsburg: Lewa scored this year 5 goals against them in 9 minutes :wenger:

On the other hand, they are capable to score.

Very exciting game.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I expect PSG to go through. #RMAWOB is more difficult. I can either see a 3-1 in regular time or a 3-0 with the 3rd goal scored in the last minute of stoppage time or a 6-0 in extra time (if it's 2-2 on aggregates after regular time).

Loublaze

ATLien
Two great games on the cards tonight. I've got money on PSG and Madrid, annoyingly. Would have loved to see Wolfsburg go through otherwise.
I have little confidence in Wolfsburg holding their nerves but I hope they go through

ThierryHenry

I expect PSG to go through. #RMAWOB is more difficult. I can either see a 3-1 in regular time or a 3-0 with the 3rd goal scored in the last minute of stoppage time or a 6-0 in extra time (if it's 2-2 on aggregates after regular time).
Bless you.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
So which one do we reckon will be the better watch?
Real Madrid: Madrid so under pressure that they will harass the Germans until they score 3 goals. No downtime or dormant periods. No tactical considerations. Madrid will get into Wolfsburg. Fight!

City: if you hate them and want them to lose :devil: Chess game !!

Hojoon

So which one do we reckon will be the better watch?
The way these two ties are balanced will be great to watch as a neutral. I think I'll watch the City-PSG one because Real will attack after attack. If it's still 0-0 after 70 minutes, I might switch over.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Summerbee :lol:

"We're a big club, we've played Barcelona, Bayern Munich..."

Yeah, and you didn't do shit.