Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

saivet

Two things:

Upamecano is really fecking terrible and a complete bell end.

Did it even touch his arm?
Yeah pretty clear. Put his arm behind his back before letting them loose when turning to block the shot.

mu4c_20le

I'm surprised to see so many people here saying it wasn't a penalty.

The defender turned his back on the ball, his arm came out from his body quite far, and the ball was struck from a decent distance away. No?
If he wasn't so stupid I would've said he did that intentionally to block the shot

Wheato

Hey U guys looked terrified there.

It won't matter because this Bayern team are toothless, lashing shots from outside the box. They don't look like getting one goal, never mind 3 or 4.

Idxomer

Am I the only one who finds this Bayern midfield lacking in creativity?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
3-0 might be too much. Despite all “slaughtering” Bayern is doing, dont think City will concede 3. Would love to be wrong but i just cant see this.

And with that donkey at the back, Bayern are vulnerable to concede

Gazza

The thing is we never, ever in a million years get that penalty in Europe. In fact, it'd be given for any no mark team against us.
The penalty we got against PSG in 2019 was very similar and if anything less clear-cut than this one, wasn't it?

Dookingham United

Is it just me that thinks that Cancelo is a City plant?
Just after the missed penalty he tries to get the cross in and looses the ball, which with a bit of battling could be won back in a dangerous position and yet he just stops and watches as City play out.

Who have they loaned to Madrid?? :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's a season like this in the CL where I'd fancy our chances. No clear great team, even if City with Haaland are formidable.

Shame we're stuck playing the excrement CL.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Dunno mate, with Tuchel next year from the beginning I'd expect them to be great and not go out to the likes of Villarreal. City are City and let's face it, a more stable Bayern doesn't collapse like that in the first leg
I don't understand why they are often put in the category of the biggest favorites to win the CL. Their team has steadily decreased in level the past 2 years

Gazza

If he wasn't so stupid I would've said he did that intentionally to block the shot
Yeah I don't see this as one of those overly harsh decisions tbh. And I felt the one we got vs PSG in 2019 was also probably the right call. Maybe I also have a bit of a pet peeve with defenders turning their back on the ball when trying to block, even though it's a perfectly natural impulse.

PoTMS

Jesus Christ, Sane is somehow even worse than Sancho. Take him off.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm surprised to see so many people here saying it wasn't a penalty.

The defender turned his back on the ball, his arm came out from his body quite far, and the ball was struck from a decent distance away. No?
Yeah it was a harsch pen but not a crazy call, he clearly let his arms loose before the shot and it made the hand more blatant since he previously had his arms behind his back.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
These close range shots of 2-3 supporter with bokeh effect looks cringe as feck

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand why they are often put in the category of the biggest favorites to win the CL. Their team has steadily decreased in level the past 2 years
It has, but it's still one of the best in the world and the result from the first leg was somewhat deceiving. They're having troubles right now, but next season they have Tuchel from the start and will likely go all in on a top striker in the summer

I mean, they really should be leading here and aside from the last 20 minutes in the first leg when they collapsed, they've been pretty much even with City, bar Upamecano gifting city a goal and a penalty

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Square the ball to a teammate for a potentially open net? Nah.

Shoot the ball through approx 8 players. Yeah.

Bayern.