Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Tuesday 14th February 2017
Benfica - Dortmund
PSG - Barcelona

Wednesday 15th February 2017
Bayern Munich - Arsenal
Real Madrid - Napoli

Tuesday 21st February 2017
Bayer Leverkusen - Atletico Madrid
Man City - Monaco

Wednesday 22nd February 2017
Porto - Juventus
Sevilla - Leicester

Tuesday 7th March 2017
Arsenal - Bayern Munich
Napoli - Real Madrid

Wednesday 8th March 2017
Barcelona - PSG
Dortmund - Benfica

Tuesday 14th March 2017
Juventus - Porto
Leicester - Sevilla

Wednesday 15th March 2017
Atletico Madrid - Bayer Leverkusen
Monaco - Man City

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Leicester really couldn't have asked for a better draw. I reckon they'll make it another round.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very excited to watch Monaco again tbh. They have a look of that 2004 Porto team about them (as in I imagine in a few years time they'll be filling the squads of some of the elite clubs across Europe).

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Very excited to watch Monaco again tbh. They have a look of that 2004 Porto team about them (as in I imagine in a few years time they'll be filling the squads of some of the elite clubs across Europe).
To be fair so does your squad. I think your players will soon be filling some of the major squads in europe too.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
My prediction is that unfortunately Benfica will beat Dortmund today, and I hope PSG beats Barcelona, it doesn't sound impossible, it is the club I like more in France, but this year I would also like Monaco to be sucessfull because Jardim is their coach.

Tomorrow Arsenal has the chance not only to beat Bayern, but the best chance to beat Bayern in this round because this Bayern team is playing less under Ancelloti than under Guardiola, even if some people still think that Guardiola teams only won because they had great players.

The match between Madrid and Napoli will be an battle between maybe the best squad in Europe against my favourite coach at the moment, so lets see if it will be the individual quality of the players who will save Zidane.

themoyesboy

Predictions over two legs:

Sevilla will murder Leicester, this is one of the bankers of the round.
Bayern will do their usual number on Arsenal, another banker.
PSG Barcelona should be interesting, Barca are very hit and miss this season - Barca probably to qualify.
Benfica Dortmund I think the German's will get this done but it won't be easy.
Atletico to edge past Leverkusen.
Man City will probably nick it over two legs against Monaco, assuming they don't have a defensive meltdown in France.
Juventus to beat Porto.
Real Madrid Napoli should be tasty but Los Galaticos will surely get it done in the end.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Hope benefica smash Dortmund today.

I'm torn if I should be wanting Arsenal and City to get knocked out (for the lols, might affect their morale, eliminates the risk of them winning it and taking away a CL spot..) or go through and have to navigate a more demanding schedule.

saivet

Got a match to look forward to each day apart from when City and Atletico play their respectives matches. Will probably give those nights a miss.

AlecHDR

Got a match to look forward to each day apart from when City and Atletico play their respectives matches. Will probably give those nights a miss.
City vs Monaco could be the tie of the round imo. Monaco play good football and are scoring for fun.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Not a fan of the two week spread. There's always a match you want to see but can't, spreading it out over two weeks just increases the chance of there being no watchable game on a specific day.

PSG Barca is tonight's standout fixture but also want to watch Benfica Dortmund (fancy Benfica to win this one).

saivet

Hear Napoli are decent. Would have liked to have seen that tie, but Bayern Arsenal it will be.

AlecHDR

Are they? Thought they have a pretty defensive manager?
Yeah he used to be I think but with great attacking tools available to him, I guess he changed his approach a bit.

They scored 75 goals in 25 games in Ligue 1. PSG, the second highest, have 50 goals.

They also beat Spurs home and away.

saivet

Yeah he used to be I think but with great attacking tools available to him, I guess he changed his approach a bit.

They scored 75 goals in 25 games in Ligue 1. PSG, the second highest, have 50 goals.

They also beat Spurs home and away.
Blimey. Well looks like if I can, I will watch a match on every CL day

RedMaestro

Predictions over two legs:

Sevilla will murder Leicester, this is one of the bankers of the round.
Bayern will do their usual number on Arsenal, another banker.
PSG Barcelona should be interesting, Barca are very hit and miss this season - Barca probably to qualify.
Benfica Dortmund I think the German's will get this done but it won't be easy.
Atletico to edge past Leverkusen.
Man City will probably nick it over two legs against Monaco, assuming they don't have a defensive meltdown in France.
Juventus to beat Porto.
Real Madrid Napoli should be tasty but Los Galaticos will surely get it done in the end.
Seems to me like there will only be 2 "surprises" this round - Porto winning against Juventus and Monaco winning against City...

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
How have Bayern been of late? Seems like the early season poor form is behind them now?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I'll be surprised if there are any English teams left in the competition after this round.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

City have a 50:50 Chance.
A lot of People seem to think that this is the time for Arsenal to overcome Bayern but I just do not see this happening. No way.
And Leicester are just bad. How can anyone think they will beat Sevilla?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
I'm torn if I should be wanting Arsenal and City to get knocked out (for the lols, might affect their morale, eliminates the risk of them winning it and taking away a CL spot..) or go through and have to navigate a more demanding schedule.
That doesn't happen.....

predator

Youth NITK
I think Leicester will give Sevilla a good game home and away. The Leicester players seem to have lost interest in the Premier league, they want the champions league now :lol:
I genuinely expect them to play much better than they have been in the Prem.

Other than that I expect the obvious outcomes.

daveoliver91

Nah, City is fav IMO without any doubt.
They are playing quite well lately plus the big squad they do have will allow them to go through the next stage quite easily.
Don't see them losing away, and at home they will smash thm.

MiceOnMeth

Last year that was true, this year I think they're the highest scoring team in Europe. They're a great team to watch, I think they'll knock City out.
Hes managed to turn Falcao back into a half decent player too, nothing short of a miracle worker that manager, City are fecked!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not exactly any poor teams left though to be fair. Except Leicester themselves.
I reckon there's at least 5 worse teams than Sevilla there.

Sevilla will go through easily, IMO.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
City winning against Monaco wouldn't be half bad actually, it would make City play more games and make them pay more attention to CL instead of CL, and it would stop this tiring nonsense of overrating Monaco and their players like they are all world class.

MullerUtd

Hope benefica smash Dortmund today.

Why? Are you a closet Bayern fan? :p

AlecHDR

That doesn't happen.....
Sure it does. If one of Arsenal or City wins the CL and finishes outside the top 4, the top 3 will go to the CL next year + the CL winner.

It is the winner of the Europa league who has a designated spot. It means if we win the Europa and finish outside the top 4, 5 English teams will qualify.

If Arsenal win the CL, we win the EL, and both finish outside the top 4, the top 3 and us and Arsenal go to the CL while the 4th placed team misses out.

I could be wrong but I remember have it explained to me this way.

AlecHDR

Why? Are you a closet Bayern fan? :p
Them going to shit might help us poach one of the 500 talented youngsters they have. :lol:

They're not doing that well in the league and it is possible they won't be in the CL next year. It will make it just a bit easier to get Weigl.

Also their fans appointing themselves the guardians of German football and assaulting the RB fans didn't sit well with me.

sekularic

Them going to shit might help us poach one of the 500 talented youngsters they have. :lol:

They're not doing that well in the league and it is possible they won't be in the CL next year. It will make it just a bit easier to get Weigl.

Also their fans appointing themselves the guardians of German football and assaulting the RB fans didn't sit well with me.
Well as a fan of German football or Germany itself, one should be rooting for a german club. But as you said, the behaviour of their fans is just horrible. I hope the fans get smashed from benfica fans and Dirtmund wins though. That'll be ideal, even though its a bit wrong...

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I fancy PSG tonight. I think having Cavani as striker will suit playing against Barca compared to Zlatan in previous years.