Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Verratti :drool:on the pitch at home since 2012 with PSG - 10 WINS 5 DRAWS in 15 Champions League games

Motta & Thiago Silva unavailable :nervous:

Last edited:

Eire Red United

Leicester really couldn't have asked for a better draw. I reckon they'll make it another round.
Really? Ask Liverpool I'm sure they know all about Sevilla. Having said that, at least they didn't draw a giant and imagine they won the CL and got relegated!:lol::lol:

WhoDaGOAT

I'd swap Verratti and Rabiot's positions. Verratti is great at withstanding high presses and at starting counter attacks, while Rabiot is really good at timing his forward runs and breaking defensive lines.

Lucas would be better suited to a counter attacking style than di Mariá who is lazier. Alba would have fun going the other way.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'd swap Verratti and Rabiot's positions. Verratti is great at withstanding high presses and at starting counter attacks, while Rabiot is really good at timing his forward runs and breaking defensive lines.

Lucas would be better suited to a counter attacking style than di Mariá who is lazier. Alba would have fun going the other way.
I've given the tactical system you will see tonight.

The issue is Verratti doesn't like to play as a #6 and was rather disappointing the only one game he played as a #6 this season while Rabiot is comfortable in this role. Verratti will be more useful as a central midfielder to make the team play higher.

Lucas vs Di Maria: no clear favourite for the coach since the arrival of Draxler. Tonight, Di Maria will play: not easy to send to the bench a player acquired for 63 millions

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think it'll be a pretty boring match to be honest. Actually, I just remembered this is the knockout phase so it's unlikely to be boring.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I think it'll be a pretty boring match to be honest. Actually, I just remembered this is the knockout phase so it's unlikely to be boring.
Boring game with 3 of the best 4 scorers in Europe on the pitch?

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
@Balu and other Bayern fans, will Robben start tomorrow?
He should. He didn't start on saturday and Ribery is injured, so i don't think carlo will start with costa and Coman.

How is Umtiti doing at Barca? I don't think I've seen him play yet.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
At the Dortmund supporters here, why is Tuchel playing with that weird back 3/5? Not a big fan of Durm and Bartra, isn't there a decent midfield option for at least one of them?

Loublaze

ATLien
Leicester really couldn't have asked for a better draw. I reckon they'll make it another round.
You're criminally underrating Sevilla. It will be a massive upset if Leicester beat the record three times straight Europa league champions. I wouldn't even bet on any of the top 6 teams in England getting past them without a fight

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm hoping Sevilla, Monaco, Napoli and Leverkusen all do well. Four very entertaining teams.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
How have Bayern been of late? Seems like the early season poor form is behind them now?
They are winning while looking very average in every single game besides the Leipzig one. Interesting to see how they will do in a game like this now. Many think they will get hammered if they keep playing like this, but i am not sure. Anything can happen, this Bayern side is really hard to predict. I hope Ancelotti will finally prove his value.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have a feeling Arsenal will knock Bayern out. Unlike Pep's side, this Bayern will let you play and I can't remember the last time they played very well. Furthermore, the second leg is at the Emirates.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That pitch is beautiful, probably the best one I've seen in ages, there isn't a blade of grass out of place.