Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

SirMattBugsby

They won't get past Athletico Madrid either. The run will come to an end. Athletico, Barca, Bayern, etc, will apply that much pressure that Leicester will concede 4, 5, 6... over on their grounds.

Don't get me wrong I like to see the underdogs cause upsets, but trust me it'll come to an end. They'll go to Real Madrid or wherever and concede 4 or 5. Run over.
It's that kind of mentality/tactics that has fed Leicester's success. It's high time we stop underestimating them and accept them as a very good counter-attacking team. On their day, maybe even as good as Atlético.

Even Gigi has said he'd like to avoid Leicester. There's no team more dangerous than one which has nothing to lose and after repeated denial over the past two years, I've realized Foxes have the quality as well.

SirMattBugsby

Nah, the red card itself was wrong, period. The ref's decision, while wrong, was kind of forgivable, imho. I mean, it's a horror foul, and it happens fast. Wasn't it the 4th man or linesman who told him it was a red anyways? All that was needed was for anyone of the three to get the impression Nani was aware of Xabi Alonso

[Btw, yeah. First leg we probably should have won but at OT you were really kicking our butts]

And i mean, we lost to Barca in 2011 thanks to a similarly wrong sending off, but come on, s*it happens. I got over it quickly, only 3 years :lol:
You got over it because you've won the damn thing twice since. We on the other hand have been struggling to qualify..

Sometimes I wish Fergie had retired after selling Rooney. I distinctly remember him dropping Rooney for Welbeck to mark Alonso. Would ve saved us a lot of trouble in the next three years.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I'd say Bayern, Atletico and Juve all comfortably have better quality as well.
Sure but those organised teams do not go for outscoring in principle and keeping Leicester within the tie is at their peril imho. On the other hand, quality teams just punch them hard in the mouth and goodbye.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Tonight's 2nd leg between Monaco and Man City could have been really interesting if Monaco hadn't collapsed and sunk to a 2 goal disadvantage in the first leg. Expect City to see it through quite easily tonight.

Peanut Butter

I'd love Leicester to win it. Would be an amazing story and piss off all of the Ranieri fanboys!

He lost the dressing room, it happens and the owners made the right decision in making a change.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Leicester are not going to win it lol. Quarterfinals and people are going on about them winning it with Barca Madrid Bayern and Juve still in it. They aren't that good, not even at their Premier League winning best.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Leicester are not going to win it lol. Quarterfinals and people are going on about them winning it with Barca Madrid Bayern and Juve still in it. They aren't that good, not even at their Premier League winning best.
They might have had a chance if the CL was in the state it was when Porto won it. Or if the level was of that of Euro 2016. These days the big boys in the CL are far too strong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They might have had a chance if the CL was in the state it was when Porto won it. Or if the level was of that of Euro 2016. These days the big boys in the CL are far too strong.
It's still only two games

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
It's like them willing their best mate on with 50 pounds in his pocket and a new haircut to go for the most beautiful woman in the bar with prime di caprio, pitt, beckham, etc surrounding her. Haha who knows eyhhh?!

Inter Yer Nan

It would be good for a chuckle if Leicester played Barca and the ref's did a bunch of makeup calls and Vardy dives for a couple of pens at Camp Nou and send Barca packing. I think the odds on that are about as long as the odds on Leicester winning the league last year so I'm saying there's a chance..

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
No doubt already posted, but I just saw it & found it hilarious :D Bayer without a midfielder cuz he has important exams that can't be rearranged.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
That is a fecking Attacking line up from city, Apparently Falcao will not play any part today so i think city have it in the bag.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Subs: Bravo, Zabaleta, Navas, Delph, Otamendi, Yaya Touré, Iheanacho
That should say "here's how we think City will line up."

You can never be certain with Guardiola.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Atletico Madrid XI v Bayer Leverkusen: Oblak, Vrsaljko, Godin, Gimenez, Lucas, Koke, Niguez, Partey, Carrasco, Griezmann, Correa

top1whoisman

Scout
Bayer Leverkusen XI v A. Madrid: Leno, Hilbert, Jedvaj, Dragovic, Wendell, Brandt, Baumgartlinger, Kampl, Bellarabi, Volland, Hernandez

Last edited:

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I'm so nervous. We could easily lose this 2-0. Dropping Yaya is a big call, he really keeps the ball ticking over deep, but Silva can do that too so fingers crossed.

If Sane, Aguero and Sterling can work their magic and get a goal, that'd be massive.

DatGuyRich

Falcao is a huge loss but Germain isn't a bad replacement up there either. He's quite underrated for this Monaco side.

Real problem is Raggi starting :houllier:. If Bakayoko and Fabinho don't give him protection then the City side will have a field day.

top1whoisman

Scout
H-1 !!! #ASMMCI

1-Subasic
5-Jemerson
24-Raggi
19-Sidibé
23-Mendy
14-Bakayoko
2-Fabinho
27-Lemar
10-Silva
18-Germain
29-Mbappé

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I'm so nervous. We could easily lose this 2-0. Dropping Yaya is a big call, he really keeps the ball ticking over deep, but Silva can do that too so fingers crossed.

If Sane, Aguero and Sterling can work their magic and get a goal, that'd be massive.
You will win this easily. 34 apps and 10 goals for Germain, falcao is out, Monaco have to attack, things couldnt be more in your favour.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That should say "here's how we think City will line up."

You can never be certain with Guardiola.
We've pretty much played exactly like this since the Everton whooping. Can't be 100% but I'm 99% sure it'll be spot on.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Me too, I really don't know what to expect. I'd snap the hand off someone who offered us a boring nil-nil.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Me too, I really don't know what to expect. I'd snap the hand off someone who offered us a boring nil-nil.
Me too mate, in a heartbeat. Speaking of hearts, not sure mine can take another eight goal thriller.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

Falcao out.

Atletico: Oblak, Vrsaljko, Gimenez, Godin, Lucas; Saul, Thomas, Koke, Carrasco; Griezmann, Correa (Atletico Twitter with no update on their line-up, FFS!)

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Glik injured for Monaco?. Leverkusen have a pretty strong side out considering their injuries.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
When did Chicharito shave his head? He looks old man :(