Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Libano

Just re-watching a few bits this morning..

Berwick Rangers could've come back from 4-0 against the shit show PSG put on last night. This result is 10% Barcelona, 90% PSG.
It's more of a mental game. If you believe you can lose, you will. This would not have worked against Berwick Rangers. Or even Tottenham. PSG simply lost their nerve.

Ixion

You could pick any side from League 1 or 2 and ask them to go out there and not concede 2 goals in 5 minutes last night and most of them would manage it. I never look at forums of other teams but I think I might go looking at some PSG ones to see what they're saying.

gingerless

If I could be bothered I would love to have quoted all the haters before and during the match but I'm too lazy so

:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If that happens, I want you to explain to my mother why she lost a son the day of the final because you demanded it :lol:
Don't worry, if we win, all of catalunya will follow you soon so you won't be lonely :lol:. And if you happen to win, you won't stay dead for long :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Dang.. Madrid and Barca fans are holding hands and singing kumbaya in a United forum. John Lennon can smile in his grave, now.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Oh come on mate, you honestly think the ref is responsible for all of their 6 goals? Even if the ref did favour them, they had to score 6. SIX goals.
Yeh. Credit to Barca that they deserved the win, but not for going through the next round. It's a bit common that some refs favors the home team, but like you said, they still need to score though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dang.. Madrid and Barca fans are holding hands and singing kumbaya in a United forum. John Lennon can smile in his grave, now.
yeah, game so ridiculous the world has yet to re-adjust :lol:

anyways, feck barca, hope they get drawn with juve and both clubs get banned from the competition for whatever, just because

Devil may care

No idea on stats but this round of 16 must rank pretty high on the all time score chart, lots of goals and excitement. The performance that really caught my eye was Pulisic for Dortmund, Dembele gets more hype and is very explosive and talented, but Pulisic is more mature in his decision making right now and turned the game for Dortmund.

MullerUtd

14 March 2017

Juventus vs Porto
Leicester vs Sevilla

15 March 2017

Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Leverkusen
Monaco vs Man City

Juventus and Atletico Madrid already have one foot in the next round and they should breeze through.

Sevilla has made things a little hard for themselves by conceding that unnecessary away goal but if they play like how they did in the first leg, they should get through. But Leicester seemed to have find their belief back after Ranieri's sacking and Sevilla has a history of bottling in the Champions League. Last two times they made it to the round of 16, they got knocked out by Fernerbache on penalties and CSKA Moscow on away goals. Could be the most exciting match of this week.

Monaco is more than capable of beating City 2-0, 3-1 at home but City is in good form and with Pep, I expect them to get through with a score draw or a one goal defeat.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
PSG squandering a 4-0 lead is fully on Emery but it also makes all games open from now on and Allegri needs to keep the team focused and play like it was 0-0 in Porto, otherwise we are in for a lazy display and a shocker. Simeone is pragmatic so Atletico should not fumble at this stage. I'm for Leicester going through against Sevilla, they found new life and are pretty good on their nights, just stick to their basics and show heart. Monaco - City seems open but I feel Guardiola has more control now, being out of the League race helps with pressure management, so higher quality should send them through.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think Leicester will win tonight. They have the feel good factor again.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Just re-watching a few bits this morning..

Berwick Rangers could've come back from 4-0 against the shit show PSG put on last night. This result is 10% Barcelona, 90% PSG.
I fully agree with you here.

WhoDaGOAT

Sevilla should be able to get a 1-1 draw at worst.

I think they'll win 1-2 on the night.

Yagami

Good post resistant
God, I love the original Dragon Ball theme Makafushigi Adventure! Not even being associated with Barca can ruin it for me.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It is not exactly unimaginable. All they need is just a 1-0 win which they are capable of doing it at home. After Ranieri was sacked, they seem to have that new found belief which made them win the title last season.
I could only image the wankfest in the media :D

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sevilla have been poor recently and Leicester seem to be getting better. Sevilla are clearly the better team but it's one of those games where it seems like the storyline is too big to fail.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has Oliver Torres played much this season?

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
If Leicester win the Champions League and we win the Europa League, does that mean that the 4th placed team in the PL will be denied CL-football?

MullerUtd

Sevilla have been poor recently and Leicester seem to be getting better. Sevilla are clearly the better team but it's one of those games where it seems like the storyline is too big to fail.
Sevilla progressing deep in the Champions League and possibly win it should be a bigger storyline. A team who has won the Europa League 3 consecutive times and only made it to the Champions League this season via winning the Europa League, despite finishing in their league in 7th is a valuable lesson to all of us to take the Europa League seriously. We could very well do a Sevilla this season i.e finishing 6th in the league but getting into Champions League next season via winning the Europa League.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
What the feck was that display? :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think Porto will get hammered. The Leicester Sevilla match should be good.