Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
City in the last few years have ripped the CL like nobody else before, regularly spanking teams in the early knockouts. It’s so weird how they fail to win it every year.
They’ve never had anyone like Haaland before.

AshRK

What? They were Champions league semi finalists a couple of years ago. And anyway, who defines the point of a football club by whether they're competitive in the knock out rounds of the top club competition in the world?
Again, my post was to knock leipzig down but more to do with how the football is broken.

There is no way a porto or any other under dog can win the tournament anymore.

Oranges038

Aside from the dodgy refeering calls.

RB have just gifted City goals, almost as bad as the goals Utd gave away at Anfield.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes football is broken. There is nothing dumb about that. If you enjoy such football where one team just can go and buy anyone while others are just there to fill numbers. My post was not to knock Leipzig but teams like City who have zero soul.
Your post literally said "what is the point in clubs like Leipzig". As if the only point of a football club is to win everything.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Pep making sure messi's record can't be broken. I'd be fuming if I was Haaland.

Irrational.

If City fail to win the CL (which I think they will) then it should be considered an absolute travesty. Can’t wait to laugh when they get knocked out.

U99ted

It is hard for clubs who are not one of the richest in the world with unlimited money to compete on the highest level because of how the money has exploded, especially for PL teams. Why would you look down on them?
He was looking down on Red Bull Leipzig by the way.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If City fail to win the CL (which I think they will) then it should be considered an absolute travesty. Can’t wait to laugh when they get knocked out.
Who’s going to knock them out? I could see them losing the final to Real or Bayern and that’s it.

AshRK

Your post literally said "what is the point in clubs like Leipzig". As if the only point of a football club is to win everything.
Yes and you decided not to read the rest of my post and also the reply. Again, good that you are enjoying this football. This is just cheat code where one side is just there to fill number.

bosnian_red

I don't think Leipzig is the right club for your argument. They're very fake
Sure. But it's the same sort of post against clubs like Dortmund or whatever. People saying "what is the point" for a club who regularly gets to last 16 but then gets eliminated, as if it is pointless if you don't win. Dumb posts and very glory hunter ish.

RedDevil@84

They’ve never had anyone like Haaland before.
But they are still beatable. And Haaland, though a prolific scorer, seems like someone who can be stopped from scoring. Some players when in form seem unstoppable. Haaland doesn't seem to be one.

He is gonna make me eat my words though, but I think maybe in next season when City figure out a way to use him in tougher games.

GlasgowCeltic

bizarre to not let him chase the double hattrick, surely he won’t play in the fa cup at the weekend anyway

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sure. But it's the same sort of post against clubs like Dortmund or whatever. People saying "what is the point" for a club who regularly gets to last 16 but then gets eliminated, as if it is pointless if you don't win. Dumb posts and very glory hunter ish.
There is a difference between not winning and capitulating like that in a knockout game

always_hoping

Who’s going to knock them out? I could see them losing the final to Real or Bayern and that’s it.
Has been their Champions league to lose the last number of seasons and found different ways to lose it. Hopefully that trend continues as no non City supporter wants to see such a soulless club win this competition.

Irwin99

So who's going to beat City this year and who will give them the best game? Personally i'd like to see Bayern give them a good drubbing

bosnian_red

Yes and you decided not to read the rest of my post and also the reply. Again, good that you are enjoying this football. This is just cheat code where one side is just there to fill number.
It was just a dumb post tbh. What was the point of Roma when United slapped them 7-1 in the quarter finals? It's a football club. Yes football is broken these days but it's just dumb to say "what's the point of a club" because they lost a match or because they have a ceiling that they can't actually compete.

Also, sure it's possible for underdogs to win it. Hell look at how bad Chelsea overall the 2 times they actually won the CL this past 10 years. Look at Napoli this year, they will be competitive. Ajax and Spurs a few years back met in the semis. Benfica played PSG even in the group stage and are in the quarters. Hell just look at Arsenal in the league this year.

There's always been a few elite teams that won it most of the time. It's a bit more pronounced than usual currently because you have coaching excellence mixed with unlimited money, but otherwise it's not all that different to before. It's just United haven't been part of the equation so we watch as "neutrals" (except where our biggest rivals have been 2 of the best 4 teams the past 5 years), so it's just a bit miserable for us.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern/Real/Napoli could
I think Napoli would have a quite good shot. They are great on the counter (which still is maybe Peps cryptonite), can play long balls on Osimhen to negate Citys pressing and are still the clear underdog that City went out to several times in recent years.

bosnian_red

It's the CL. They've been the favourites for years and "probably the best team" for years but it's a cup competition and you never know what will happen. You need luck on your side to go all the way.

El Zoido

Why take Haaland off when he has 5 goals? He could have ended up with a near unbeatable record tonight.

GlasgowCeltic

It's the CL. They've been the favourites for years and "probably the best team" for years but it's a cup competition and you never know what will happen. You need luck on your side to go all the way.
annual routine of City capitulating in the CL knockouts in the spring and being the “best team in the world” again by summer

AshRK

It was just a dumb post tbh. What was the point of Roma when United slapped them 7-1 in the quarter finals? It's a football club. Yes football is broken these days but it's just dumb to say "what's the point of a club" because they lost a match or because they have a ceiling that they can't actually compete.

Also, sure it's possible for underdogs to win it. Hell look at how bad Chelsea overall the 2 times they actually won the CL this past 10 years. Look at Napoli this year, they will be competitive. Ajax and Spurs a few years back met in the semis. Benfica played PSG even in the group stage and are in the quarters. Hell just look at Arsenal in the league this year.

There's always been a few elite teams that won it most of the time. It's a bit more pronounced than usual currently because you have coaching excellence mixed with unlimited money, but otherwise it's not all that different to before. It's just United haven't been part of the equation so we watch as "neutrals" (except where our biggest rivals have been 2 of the best 4 teams the past 5 years), so it's just a bit miserable for us.
The fact that you call Chelsea underdogs after all the money they spent and then call my post dumb doesn't look good on you.

Anyways you should enjoy the football today. I think next goal is cruicial for Leipzig.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Inter are taking time wasting to interesting levels this evening.