Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Porto and Inter were evenly matched. I'm hoping for a Milan derby in the next round

Oranges038

All game really, but Porto played with zero urgency until well into stoppage time. Inter came and played for a draw.
Crowd seemed a bit flat too. Just seemed like there was an acceptance it wasn't going to happen. They only really upped the tempo for a few mins and came close 3 times.

If they played with a bit more urgency they might have had a few more chances because Inter are fecking rubbish.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Three big chances for Porto in injury time to force extra time. 1 off the line, one off the post and the last one off the crossbar.

Two Milan sides into the last 8. Hypothetically speaking would either be good enough to win this seasons Europa league if they were in it?
Napoli is a top top team this year and the four or five teams behind them are evenly matched, crucially not playing for scudetto anymore so that cup runs are their main focus.

always_hoping

they'd be among the 5 best teams in the competition but nowhere near Arsenal. Still, juventus are in it and might win, and they're not better than either. 4 best teams in EL are arsenal, united, juventus and roma right now...
Not a whole lot between Roma and AC Milan this season. The former can't be counted out of any cup competition with Jose in charge.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan derby would be awesome for the neutrals and would absolutely kill both teams :lol:

LordSpud

I just feel absolutely nothing about Man City winning by the huge margin tonight.

All I see whenever they even win a game is:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I fancy Napoli as dark horses for the tournament. Hope city get Bayern next round. 3 Italian teams through… don’t often see that.

Salford_Red83

I just feel absolutely nothing about Man City winning by the huge margin tonight.

All I see whenever they even win a game is:
Same. No matter what they achieve or have achieved it is simply of no consequence because they cheated to get it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City will probably get the easiest draw so they’ll get either Milan, benfica or Chelsea.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Would love to see City get Napoli next round. Pep would probably go full 'Beautiful Mind' when trying to devise his tactics to prevent their counter attack.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Weird game, on the one hand City deserved to win and RB were pretty shit.

On the other they should never have got that pen, and then after that pen they should have been down to 10men at 2-0 up.... but then, I don't think either would have changed the overall outcome, just the scoreline.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
City will probably get the easiest draw so they’ll get either Milan, benfica or Chelsea.
I wouldn't call Benfica an easy draw. They and Napoli are the dark horses.

JuriM

They usually get a easy draw in 1st round and after that it get's tough enough to be able to overthink it and bottle against a side they could win if they perform for their players standard :D

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Would be great to see Napoli win it, though I think their relative inexperience in big CL games will prove their undoing. Then I suspect next season, they’ll be the usual gutting of their big stars (see Dortmund, Monaco, Atletico etc).

I’d be surprised if the winner ends up being anyone other than Bayern, City or Real.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Scenes in Naples with 600 Eintracht fans + Atalanta ultras walking loudly in the city, and without a ticket for tonight game. This is not going to end well, innit?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Scenes in Naples with 600 Eintracht fans + Atalanta ultras walking loudly in the city, and without a ticket for tonight game. This is not going to end well, innit?
Narrator(voice of Morgan Freeman): It did not, in fact, end well

:(

JuriM

And some say, that it was weird to not allow Eintracht fans to stadium..

bosskeano

holy shit....those scenes are crazy

rubber bullets and start arresting these guys...find out if they really are from Frankfurt and if so, kick them out of european competitions for the next 2 years

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
holy shit....those scenes are crazy

rubber bullets and start arresting these guys...find out if they really are from Frankfurt and if so, kick them out of european competitions for the next 2 years
They may not be the instigators in all of this. They arrived into Naples as they already had their flights & accommodations booked, and everything was peaceful until the Napoli ultras arrived into the city centre to get involved. The violence only erupted once the Napoli ultras started throwing flares, fireworks, and other such things at the Frankfurt + Atalanta ultras and the police in between.

bosskeano

They may not be the instigators in all of this. They arrived into Naples as they already had their flights & accommodations booked, and everything was peaceful until the Napoli ultras arrived into the city centre to get involved. The violence only erupted once the Napoli ultras started throwing flares, fireworks, and other such things at the Frankfurt + Atalanta ultras and the police in between.
ahhhh.....so the footage is a bit misleading and doesn't tell the entire story. Still an issue though if they are attacking the cops