Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is it fair to call Richarlison a flop at this point? Doesn't feel like he's had much impact at Spurs.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
Hey, don’t copy! :lol: Bayern should have won a CL or two more when you had that amazing team with Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Schweinsteiger etc. Though you were on your best when Jupp was in charge.
I never understood how you managed that feat so many times, but it's impressive indeed.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How was that lucky? They were by far the dominant team until only the last 20 minutes when Mbappe came on and they went on the back foot. They should've sealed the game before then as well with the chances Eric Maxim had.
Sure it could or should have been comfortable after a large part of the game, but it wasn't. The last 20 minutes we could be thankful not to go home with a loss.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is it fair to call Richarlison a flop at this point? Doesn't feel like he's had much impact at Spurs.
I was briefly reading his thread on the Spurs forum and they’re lamenting the role he’s being asked to play rather than the player

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sure it could or should have been comfortable after a large part of the game, but it wasn't. The last 20 minutes we could be thankful not to go home with a loss.
Exactly. After those last 20 minutes I would have even been glad with a draw.

Pintu

How was that lucky? They were by far the dominant team until only the last 20 minutes when Mbappe came on and they went on the back foot. They should've sealed the game before then as well with the chances Eric Maxim had.
They are lucky Mbappé injured himself 2 weeks ago in a meaningless league game against Montpellier... But Paris were lucky on the night not to conceed more.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hey, don’t copy! :lol: Bayern should have won a CL or two more when you had that amazing team with Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Schweinsteiger etc. Though you were on your best when Jupp was in charge.
Dont remind me of that time...we went out so undeservedly a few times...against you or Atletico for example.

I like the current team but it isnt on the same level as our ~2013-2020 teams.

I still think we have a realistic chance to win the CL this year because arguably all big teams arent THAT great at the moment.

If Napoli can keep their current form they could surprise everyone i think.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern dominated possesion but the PSG chances were clearer. The Pavard block on Messi, the header saved by Sommer and of course the marginal offside

Karmapolice

What has happened to gnabry since the champions league win in 2020? He looks bloated and heavy on the pitch!

He either needs to go back to his vegan diet or be sold ASAP.

Last edited:

Karmapolice

Bayern dominated possesion but the PSG chances were clearer. The Pavard block on Messi, the header saved by Sommer and of course the marginal offside
Choupo chance was the most dangerous one during the whole game.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I mean Eric Maxim hit the post after a great save from Donnaruma, had another good chance hit straight at the keeper, Pavard's header forcing a great save and then the goal itself. Offside was marginal but offside none the less so can't say it's a chance.

Overall Bayern were clearly better but it would be interesting to see how things change when Mbappe plays a full 90 minutes.

Rajma

Is it me or both games just have been very flat? Didn’t feel like CL knockouts.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
It was the first leg and also the away goal had been scrapped. So I'm not surprised the teams played it safe first.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
If The 2012 finale dahoam doesn't go down as the most undeserved win and title of all times I don't know what is

Edit: well maybe the 1999 one

Pintu

If The 2012 finale dahoam doesn't go down as the most undeserved win and title of all times I don't know what is

Not comparable at all. The United 99 team was great and had a wonderful tournament…. Chelsea were just incredibly lucky at every possible moment in every round, and it culminated in that final with Drogba’s last minute equaliser followed by Robben missing a penalty in the extra-time.. Six months later they were logically knocked out of the group stage by Juventus and Shakhtar.

fcnrz

Yeah that is why it surprised me to see how they lost the plot there. Admittedly, Mbappe changed the dynamic but they reacted very poorly.
How many CL winners did Barcelona had when they lost it vs Roma of all teams and that famous Liverpool game. Weird argument. Games can be changed like in one move

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

You may want to check the stats on the 99 final if you didn’t watch it or can’t remember it well and then come back.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He has been very unlucky with injuries to be fair. He has been better than Son to be honest who needs dropped
Yeah I've seen a lot of criticism for Son. Big summer coming up maybe? Kane might be off right?

Red_Support

Bayern with 18:9 shots but still, they should have done better.
Nope, PSG got only a few offside chances and Bayern even hit the post.

PSG was poor for a home team and Bayern will teach them a lesson away.

GlasgowCeltic

wonder if Bellingham type money would get Musiala out of Bayern for someone, looks a level above him in tight spaces

Last edited:

RVN1991

I've defended Conte but it's baffling how he hasn't dropped Son and given Richarlison a run in the team, seems to only ever come on with 20 minutes left. Ironic how Son's best game this season was coming off the bench against Leicester in their first fixture, pretty much the only game he hasn't started.

Kaos

wonder if Bellingham type money would get Musiala out of Bayern for someone, looks a level above him in tight spaces
No chance.

Unlike Dortmund, Bayern aren't really a selling club. They'll only let a player go if they're desperate to leave (Lewandowski), past it (Schweinsteiger) or just surplus (Sabitzer - not a sale but same principle). Even signing Hargreaves was a bitter struggle, and he was quite keen to make the move.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Who scored for Nice?

I know it's stupid, but I hope Spurs make it far in the CL. Keep them busy, in case we are brought down to a top 4 battle with them or them and N'Castle...
Don’t worry about them battling for fourth. As long as they are playing Perisic, Kane and Kulusev together, that team will not be a worry.

Valencia Shin Crosses

So many of the top teams are sort of in transition of being pretty good but not elite. Bayern dominated PSG for 65 minutes yet never looked like scoring really, and then PSG had to throw on a half fit Mbappe and should have nicked at least a point then. But even around Europe: Barca and Madrid are trying to integrate their younger players with mixed results, Inter is weaker this year than in the past, Juve is a joke, Atletico meh. Then even look at the prem and Chelsea and Liverpool fell apart this year and have to rebuild on the fly, City is a bit stop and start and still lack that lethal attacking edge that they've had in past years. We are a really good starting XI but lack any sort of depth in most areas, and Arsenal is further along but similarly not quite as deep as a typical powerhouse would be. There's a reason Napoli is many people's favorite to win the competition. If there was ever a year for a random winner this would be the year.

Spurs and Milan are both disappointing this year, not surprising that game was crap.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You may want to check the stats on the 99 final if you didn’t watch it or can’t remember it well and then come back.
I always remember Bayern dominating the final. They hit the post too. United were lacklustre until injury time

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I always remember Bayern dominating the final. They hit the post too. United were lacklustre until injury time
The final 1999 reminds me of yesterday's game again. Only United didn't wake up in the 73 min but in extra time only.
Though, you were much more clinical than PSG yesterday.

WirralRed

Don’t forget in the 99 final we where without Scholes and Keane, that would disrupt any team.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I'm glad Bayern won yesterday. Although I don't like them very much, I always take an honest football club over a sports washing project without financial restrictions. As expected Bayern felt pretty comfortable against a team where some players walk around most of the time and never press. I know it from experience :wenger: