Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
In terms of performance, this has been trash. Inter have set up well.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Within their limitations, Inter are doing admirably well and however showing they are capable to give a top team a game… if Liverpool gets too complacent, they can lose the game or even the tie.

cyberman

Wow.

Keita should’ve gone for that.
That’s the frustrating thing. Same as Mane should have gone v Chelsea at SB. Every bit of adversity you may face in this good run is following either a few glorious missed chances by the opposition or a well timed red to calm the nerves.
it’s frustrating as hell! You honestly couldn’t write this.

90 + 5min

He touched the ball. Fabinho still cleared it. Getting a touch on the ball doesn’t negate a reckless tackle. He’s out of control, stretching for a ball he can’t win cleanly.
Well, I don't know what you are watching but he cleanly took the ball with a touch and had full control before Liverpool player went for 10,0 points in swim jump. There was nothing reckless in that ball winning situation. No studs. Nothing.

Are you telling me that football is non-contact sport? Or does that just apply to teams playing against a certain team?

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Well, I don't know what you are watching but he cleanly took the ball with a touch and had full control before Liverpool player went for 10,0 points in swim jump. There was nothing reckless in that ball winning situation. No studs. Nothing.

Are you telling me that football is non-contact sport? Or does that just apply to teams playing against a certain team?
Yes this is it.

cyberman

He touched the ball. Fabinho still cleared it. Getting a touch on the ball doesn’t negate a reckless tackle. He’s out of control, stretching for a ball he can’t win cleanly.
Touching the ball qualifies as winning it. I’ve argued your point every season I’ve been on here and keep seeing refs looking at slight touches as if flicking it and taking a player down slightly after makes any sense. If the player is still on his feet he just walks on with the ball.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That’s the frustrating thing. Same as Mane should have gone v Chelsea at SB. Every bit of adversity you may face in this good run is following either a few glorious missed chances by the opposition or a well timed red to calm the nerves.
it’s frustrating as hell! You honestly couldn’t write this.
What about all the chances we miss? Salah has missed two sitters and we’ve hit the woodwork three times tonight. Salah missed a one on one in the first minute against West Ham.

All you’re doing is focusing on chances the opposition misses and ignoring any clear chances Liverpool should score but don’t.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Within their limitations, Inter are doing admirably well and however showing they are capable to give a top team a game… if Liverpool gets too complacent, they can lose the game or even the tie.
Well yeah, I praised them few times, they've looked impressive, only let down by finishing in the first tie and stuoid Sanchez today. I am just criticising Liverpool.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That was never a red card or even a foul from Sanchez.

But it's Liverpool so of course it would be!

cyberman

I mean they would be the 4th best team in the PL
Too slow up front. You aren’t a threat in England with Perisic and Dzeko up top. Look at Lukaku for how the pace kills you in England. You ain’t getting far if two of your front 3 can’t run in behind.
Ronaldo is another example

Dimitar09

How good are Inter centre backs on the ball compared to ours :lol:
And the goalkeeper Handonovic.
Just cooly playing the ball out of trouble within their own 6 yard box.
Compared to our back line absolutely shitting themselves whenever there's a tiny bit of pressure from the opposition.

cyberman

What about all the chances we miss? Salah has missed two sitters and we’ve hit the woodwork three times tonight. Salah missed a one on one in the first minute against West Ham.

All you’re doing is focusing on chances the opposition misses and ignoring any clear chances Liverpool should score but don’t.
You’re not missing the quality of chances the opposition are missing. It isn’t even close.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Yes, so you should be punished for being profligate in front of goal. Yet something levels it off for you. Red card, VAR etc

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You’re not missing the quality of chances the opposition are missing. It isn’t even close.
Yes we are. Look at Salah hitting the post the first time tonight. Look at xG which looks at quality of chances created. Stats don’t support your argument in the slightest.

cyberman

Yes we are. Look at Salah hitting the post the first time tonight. Look at xG which looks at quality of chances created. Stats don’t support your argument in the slightest.
You aren’t missing clear one in ones every game. You’re arguing too much the other way. You’re conceding chance after chance against teams who shouldn’t be creating that much against you. Wait and see what Brighton miss against you this weekend. It’s gotten to the point where it’s now to be expected.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You aren’t missing clear one in ones every game. You’re arguing too much the other way. You’re conceding chance after chance against teams who shouldn’t be creating that much against you. Wait and see what Brighton miss against you this weekend. It’s gotten to the point where it’s now to be expected.
Look at number of shots per game then. We create more than most and a higher quality of chance as well. We’re not perfect. We concede more chances than City do and don’t always control games well, but your implication is that we’re getting outplayed and should be losing most weeks. That’s simply not true.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Well yeah, I praised them few times, they've looked impressive, only let down by finishing in the first tie and stuoid Sanchez today. I am just criticising Liverpool.
Yeah but Liverpool is a top 3 team in the world right now, they would start big favorites almost any tie. You are making Inter like a mid table club or less, which they clearly aren’t, even without a truly world class striker a la Haaland or Lewandowski.