Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Mbappé will destroy United defense, which doesn't mean PSG will win, they defend like shit too, but im very sure Mbappé will score.
We've played them 4 times in the past couple of years and despite every time promises that he'd 'destroy' our defence... it hasn't happened once.

If Ralf can get us playing as an organised unit by then, we have a chance. Their front 3 offer absolutely nothing defensively

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That draw was done so cackhandedly. I'm pretty sure we weren't even given the possibility of drawing some teams because they couldn't work out whether we should or shouldn't be a possible opponent. I heard them even say 'Manchester United has already been drawn' and I was like: 'Wtf?'

Anyway we all knew we'd draw PSG so there's no real surprise to how it ended up.

Dansk

This has to be the unluckiest team in the world of sports when it comes to drawing opponents. Never seen anything like it. Feels like fully 50% of the time we get the worst possible draw. It's getting to the point where it's so statistically improbably that it's downright absurd.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Rewind the draw and they completely feck it up. They don't put Manchester United as an opponent in Atletico's draw pot, so it was impossible for us to get them. Surely it has to be re-run?!

Raw

They fecked up here. Firstly, by pairing us with Villarreal, then by us not being a possibility for Atletico. What is going on?
Actually mad how they fecked it. Completely removed a possibility for us, kinda destroys the whole "randomness" factor for the draw does it not?

I doubt it'll ever be contested but feck me that's pure incompetence.

SER19

How can that draw stand :lol: :lol: they left teams out of pots it removes the randomness by a huge amount

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
When AM was being drawn they didnt put United saying they were already drawn. What the hell was that?

Cpt Negative

It does make it a bit susp that United drawing PSG was the enhanced special on sky bet this morning at 5/1

SirAnderson

So with Villarreal being drawn against utd originally…did they stick our ball in as an extra by accident or did they not have all the right balls in? If the latter, shouldn’t it have been restarted?
That was how the made sure we got PSG, that ball disappeared afterward for heating, so that it was left if it was touched until PSG was the only option!!!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I am now 100% in the fixed camp.

No doubt in my mind I'll be watching a documentary in the future about how they did it.

Bertie Wooster

It's a f*****g disgrace!
United getting PSG, Chelsea getting Lille, Liverpool getting Salzburg was as predictable as it gets. :rolleyes:

always_hoping

Absolutely ridiculous, short straw draw once again for United has Rangnick inherited Ole bad luck in draws and to add salt to the wounds you have Liverpool, City and Chelsea getting the draws they got.

SER19

Rewind the draw and they completely feck it up. They don't put Manchester United as an opponent in Atletico's draw pot, so it was impossible for us to get them. Surely it has to be re-run?!
And obviously left somebody else out of drawing Villareal

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I can't believe we got that shit draw

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bet we get the winner of Bayern - Atletico if we somehow make it through.

Woodzy

I don't see how they can possibly go with that draw tbh if they messed it up.

Mike Smalling

If that is true with the Atletico draw, then it should be done over. It clearly won't though.

Can anyone honestly imagine UEFA admitting to having messed it up?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mbappé will destroy United defense, which doesn't mean PSG will win, they defend like shit too, but im very sure Mbappé will score.
Ai, murdered us the last 4 games too.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
PSG always struggle against us, even when they win its a struggle so Im expecting the same. There's plenty time till then, by then we should have Ralfs tactics in tune and can press them out of the game. Not scared at all, we just need to defend as a team and find the right balance in offence. Looking forward to it. Afterall that's why we always want to be in the Champions League, for games like these.

SonyaCross493

I'm fuming. The draw is rigged same with the FA cup the hardest possible tie against Aston Villa where other teams get lower league ties!! Done with football. ManUtd needed a Sporting or easier tie for confidence! Why isn't there an investigation!? Every year this happens with United..

Ixion

Ronaldo vs Messi. Poch vs United. PSG revenge for '19.

Inevitable.

CloneMC16

Did they just feck that up by drawing us against Villareal?

Of course we end up getting PSG ffs.

Hitch

Some tinfoil hats on today. It's a 1 in 6 chance. Tough draw, but will be great to have the world's eyes on us and with plenty of time for Ralph to get his system rolling before then and see what this team can do. If we win, it's a massive boost and gives us a chance to win the whole competition. If we get knocked out then it's probably to the finalists and (provided we aren't humiliated - much less likely under Ralph than Ole) no-one can be really surprised and we can focus on the league. Nothing to lose, let's just enjoy the huge occasion.