Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our trophy drought will always continue when we’re getting draws like this.

RoyH1

Chelsea and Liverpool are going to be able to rest starters in their ties. We are going to have to go at it 100%

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They also didn’t allow Lille to be drawn against Sporting for some unknown reason. Sporting’s ball came out and it was only Juve and us remaining, with a red circle next to Lille. Even though Lille weren’t drawn yet, weren’t Sporting’s group, and are not from Sporting’s country. Unbelievable.
No this is because only chelsea, juventus and manchester united were left. If Lille draws Sporting, you're left with United/Juventus and Chelsea/PSG. Except Chelsea can't be drawn against either

AshRK

They also didn’t allow Lille to be drawn against Sporting for some unknown reason. Sporting’s ball came out and it was only Juve and us remaining, with a red circle next to Lille. Even though Lille weren’t drawn yet, weren’t Sporting’s group, and are not from Sporting’s country. Unbelievable.
The reason for that is moment ajax drew with Inter, Chelsea only had one option which was Lille as they couldn't face us or Juve (same group).

It was just pure unlucky for us, which has been the case since 2019 in CL.

Bertie Wooster

I completely disagree with BS phrases along the lines of 'To win the competition you've got to beat the best teams anyway so might as well play them now'.

No you haven't. This is a cup, where you only face the teams you're drawn against; not a league where you have to play every other team twice. You can be lucky with the draws and win a cup without drawing any tough opponents - or only face them in the SF/Final. Or you can be unlucky and keep getting tough opponents each round which takes a much bigger physical toll on the squad by the crucial part of the season.

So why anyone would genuinely choose the latter, when it's avoidable, I've no idea.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait what?

RedDevil-85

I have never believed these CL draws are fixed, but this is as fixed as can be.
It has to be a new draw or else its a scandal of the highest order and UEFA lose what ever cred they have left.
Absolutely shocking

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
The reason for that is moment ajax drew with Inter, Chelsea only had one option which was Lille as they couldn't face us or Juve (same group).

It was just pure unlucky for us, which has been the case since 2019 in CL.
It wasn't unlucky.

This was rigged as F, I'm not Man Utd fan, but it was too obvious UEFA couldn't resist the last Messi vs Ronaldo drama, could happen in Qatar 2022, but Cristiano might miss the WC.

Too many coincidences, i don't buy it.

Robindinho

Surely we'll protest that?!

fecking farcical - clearly having issues with their system highlighting the wrong team... 'let's just carry on'. :confused:

Dudu

That's an absolute embarrassment from UEFA.

They've fecked up and as a result they've not produced a fair draw. We weren't given a chance to draw one of the teams (Atletico) because they forgot to put us in the pot. Surely that calls for a redraw?
It absolutely should. But UEFA won't do a damn thing about it.

Sick of these draws.

Ace of Spades

I don't particularly care which team we draw, but this needs to be redone because there was clearly a feck up. This not only affects us but the rest as well.

Nordmore

It wasn't unlucky.

This was rigged as F, I'm not Man Utd fan, but it was too obvious UEFA couldn't resist the last Messi vs Ronaldo drama, could happen in Qatar 2022, but Cristiano might miss the WC.

Too many coincidences, i don't buy it.
100 %

always_hoping

I completely disagree with BS phrases along the lines of 'To win the competition you've got to beat the best teams anyway so might as well play them now'.

No you haven't. This is a cup, where you only face the teams you're drawn against; not a league where you have to play every other team twice. You can be lucky with the draws and win a cup without drawing any tough opponents - or only face them in the SF/Final. Or you can be unlucky and keep getting tough opponents each round which takes a much bigger physical toll on the squad by the crucial part of the season.

So why anyone would genuinely choose the latter, when it's avoidable, I've no idea.
I do laugh when that nonsense phrase is rolled out but like clock work it's to be expected.

the_cliff

They are going to have to redraw, apparently Manchester United wasn't included in any draw after they were mistakenly drawn against Villareal. So we were left with whoever was at the end which was PSG. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You couldn't make this up.

RonaldoVII

Won't get redrawn but would be fun. Could guarantee at least one of Chelsea/Liverpool/City being salty.

They could keep the first few ties and draw it again from Atleti onwards

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Should have put some money on PSG :lol: . After the F1 yesterday, sports is becoming a circus.