Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Chelsea's draws:

12/1313/1414/1515/1616/1717/1818/1919/2020/21
Round 16GalatasaryPSGPSGBarcelonaBayernA. Madrid
QFPSGPorto
SFA. MadridR. Madrid
FinalCity

City's draws:

Round 16BarcelonaBarcelonaDynamo KyivMonacoBaselSchalke 04R. MadridBorussia M.
QFPSGLiverpoolTottenhamLyonBorussia D.
SFR. MadridPSG
FinalChelsea

Liverpool's draws:

Round 16PortoBayernA. MadridRB Leipzig
QFMan CityPortoR. Madrid
SFRomaBarcelona
FinalR. MadridTottenham

Man Utd draws:

Round 16R. MadridOlympiacosSevillaPSG
QFBayernBarcelona
SF
Final
Most of those are tough teams to beat. I'd question Chelsea's FA Cup draws more than this. Liverpool benefitted from two huge Barca feck ups but I don't think their draws were the easiest.

Kaos

Use to laugh at suggestions that these were rigged, I'm not sure anymore. This is WWE levels of predictability with the Messi vs Ronaldo, Poch vs United showdown, couple to the general dodginess of the ball shenanigans.

stu_1992

Hilariously predictable we'd get them. I'm pretty sure I said it on here a few days ago. It sure feels like a fix, but didn't expect it to be so blatant as there being video footage of our ball not being included where it should have been. Incredibly sketchy, but I don't expect a redraw. This is UEFA.

Nordmore

I get what you're saying, but the phrase doesn't factor all that in. It's really just saying that the presumption is the two best teams of that particular tournament, with all its storylines, are in the final. If that means you get lucky because the top two teams met early and one got eliminated, you'll face the toughest of the two. Just as an example. I think it's just a silly phrase and you don't need to put too much weight on it. This isn't FM, this is rl. And certain FMisms don't exist in quite the same way.

Also, is this the most convoluted, intransparent drawing method of all time or what? I got instantly confused, and so did the guy whose only job was to pull the right names and put them in a bowl for the actual draw. I don't mind the draw we have, but I would totally understand a redraw, he seemed to get confused who Manchester United and Manchester City are. Some of you guys should visit him and explain the difference. :D
FM is only a game of course. But that phrase is still absolutely bs mate. Especially for a team who play in the PL, Liga or Serie A. Unlike PSG or Bayern who could put their third string out there and still got a comfortable win top teams in those leagues basically still have to fight tooth and nail for a 3 pts every matches, sometime even a point.

0le

Most of those are tough teams to beat. I'd question Chelsea's FA Cup draws more than this. Liverpool benefitted from two huge Barca feck ups but I don't think their draws were the easiest.
Agreed, although City's looks suspect since 15/16.

Real Name

Imagine going through against cafe darling Pochettino.

Feelings torn for Amadeus too. Poor sod.

the_cliff

Psg fixtures sandwiched in between City, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal is not needed right now. Hope there's a redraw.

Blackwidow

Seems that Atletico is less lucky about the draw than PSG or United...

Kramer

They need to hurry up and announce they will redraw as people will be booking flights and hotel stays.
Sorry can you enlighten me. Why is a redraw being considered? What was the issue with the draw?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I mean, if they genuinely didn't include us in the draw for the Atletico tie, it had to be redrawn right? Doesn't matter which clubs are involved, it completely undermines the validity of the draw?

That said - we are lucky that Atletico aren't happy with their draw, otherwise it would be our voice alone. Depressing that PSG don't seem to care haha.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That's hilarious. They really want to draw us.
Well, to be frank, right now, if you were them, wouldn't you fancy playing us more than playing Bayern?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Typical of of owners to go along with this. They are beyond useless.

croadyman

When I saw our name come out with Villarreal I was like WTF we cannot draw them as were in the same group

TheGodsInRed

Sorry can you enlighten me. Why is a redraw being considered? What was the issue with the draw?
1) They added Manchester United to Villarreal's draw pot, even though they could not be paired due to being in the same group.
2) They added Liverpool to Atletico Madrid's draw pot, even though they could not be paired due to being in the same group.
3) They failed to add Manchester United to Atletico Madrid's draw pot.