Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

Ole'sgunnarwin

Many positives from Inter there. Especially how handsome Inzaghi is getting. Wouldn't mine him getting offside my way.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That fecking coat :lol:

Why can't the bloke find something normal to wear?
That coat isn't from tonight's game. There is snow in the background and the seats are empty, fans are back in the stadium. Today he had a normal black jacket.

cyberman

On penalty decisions I agree. On bookings or red cards though? The follow through always matters whether you touch the ball or not.
Yeah but it has to be a really bad follow through though. This season is especially bad for it with the refs and their lighter touch bullshit.
Fans are frustrated with referring and VAR for this reason but it’s not incompetence. We forget that they basically spelled out that they won’t follow the actual rules of the game at the start of the season. It’s why VAR looks especially bad with the lighter touch nonsense.
I remember a challenge moments before Liverpools equaliser at OT last season that fell under slight touch of the ball and went through a player so it’s ok wormhole. Kind of kept quiet on that one!

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
That ref saved the Dippers from a very hard 25 mins. Second yellow was a joke and the foul when on the break was equally ridiculous.

CoopersDream

Are people really surprised Alexis got sent off? You can't follow through a tackle like that, doesn't matter if you touched the ball or not. It can't really be anything other than a red card going by the rules.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I have the feeling we're going out tonight. Neuer just back after surgery, missing half of our DM options with Goretzka and Tolisso out, no Phonzy, Müller having a huge dip in form, Gnabry also a bit off - our squad is largely in disarray and seems incapable of producing a convincing performance for the last few weeks already.
Worst post I've read this year (and there have been some remarkably bad ones).

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Are people really surprised Alexis got sent off? You can't follow through a tackle like that, doesn't matter if you touched the ball or not. It can't really be anything other than a red card going by the rules.
So, according to you, 50/50 balls can't be challenged because if you win the ball but catch the player after on the top of the foot, it is deserving of a yellow card? Ok.

CoopersDream

So, according to you, 50/50 balls can't be challenged because if you win the ball but catch the player after on the top of the foot, it is deserving of a yellow card? Ok.
No, no, you can challenge for 50/50 balls, you just cannot catch you opponent like that, pretty simple.

EDIT: Didn't see the match, but saw the sequence a little more clearly now and I can't believe anyone cant think that doesn't warrant a yellow card. Sanchez is an idiot for challenging like that.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Worst post I've read this year (and there have been some remarkably bad ones).
Well, i stand by what i said before the match, and i'm glad our team got back on track in time to make me look an idiot.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The female analyst on BT absolutely bang on that it’s actually Fabinho who is late there. These laws are becoming absolutely crazy

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The female analyst on BT absolutely bang on that it’s actually Fabinho who is late there. These laws are becoming absolutely crazy
Yep, she's absolutely right that what do you expect Sanchez to do there? If Sanchez doesn't try to go for the ball and Fabinho gets it, then Sanchez will be chastised by fans and the media for 'where's the passion? where's the desire' nonsense.

Resch

Salzburg paid tribute for 17 covid cases 10 days ago. Players had not the energy to play their style. Bayern was perfect.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I was a bit surprised when I saw this but the reality is Inter didn't create enough. We were there for the taking in the first half.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I was a bit surprised when I saw this but the reality is Inter didn't create enough. We were there for the taking in the first half.

Would wait for the statsbomb model tomorrow on fbref, think the lautaro chance right before the goal was a big one, and liverpool had 2 huge chances after the red card. But all in all yeah, 2-1 on aggregate is pretty much right

That fecking coat :lol:

Why can't the bloke find something normal to wear?
Style and Nagelsmann in the same breath. Look at that pic ffs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bizarre horrible clothes are his superpower.

Image is not from one of these CL games though.
Fresh coat
New and stylish Wenger coat collection.
And the socks :lol:

Since you all love his style, I did a bit of research and found the coat :lol:

https://www.hugoboss.com/si/en/relaxed-fit-duffle-coat-with-colour-blocking/hbeu50454305_262.html

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Apparently the opposition have had the same amount of red cards this season as Liverpool faced in the six years under Klopp before this.
You honestly can’t write it.
Very sketchy stuff, I expect the resident Scousers will pretend there's no favouritism and give us some good ol' fashioned whataboutism. I'm not sure why we bother playing when the game is so unfairly played in Liverpool's favour.

AltiUn

You can't have been that surprised, you missed about 3 open nets.

Flyer1

Supports
City
Really really hope city draw Bayern. Honestly think we win both legs and put the arrogant twats in their place. See how you play when you don't see the ball

Pintu

Not only the referee, dippers bought the opposing coach as well.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Very sketchy stuff, I expect the resident Scousers will pretend there's no favouritism and give us some good ol' fashioned whataboutism. I'm not sure why we bother playing when the game is so unfairly played in Liverpool's favour.
Are we really going to do this when your PL penalty stat dwarfs us and every other side by a considerable margin.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Huh? Liverpool are the team that has been awarded the most penalties in PL era.
Sorry I should have specified a time period. I meant since Klopp joined in 2015. But I do get it. I felt the same way about SAF’s teams.

AltiUn

Are we really going to do this when your PL penalty stat dwarfs us and every other side by a considerable margin.
That was literally called out by your manager so we're more than justified in calling out the incredible "fortune" you've had playing against 10 men every other week this season.

Ladron de redcafe

Really really hope city draw Bayern. Honestly think we win both legs and put the arrogant twats in their place. See how you play when you don't see the ball
Given City's repeated letdowns in the later stages of the Champions League, I'm think you're on the verge of going from confident than arrogant yourself, as a City fan. Bayern would not be a foregone conclusion; I would bet money on them eliminating City and on another DeBryune rant about how "it's always the same every year" following the exit.

How often have we seen City look dominant in the round of 16 - which leads to the majority of City fans predicting they'd paste everyone left - before a markedly worse performance in the quarters.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
a couple of obvious things about today's game: try to score the first goal early, preferably in the first 20 minutes. High pressure and very attentive so that Verratti does not smell the ball.
In Madrid, as usually happens in these cases, a lot of talk about historical comebacks, creating a high-pressure environment, etc.
I think Asensio will play up front and in midfield the doubt is Kroos, who in theory is not 100%. There is a certain desire in the fan to see Camavinga in his place, more than anything because it may happen that he is not 100% and will play by pure hierarchy.
Vini has said that it is his most important game, and I think he is looking forward to it after a gray game in Paris, so he is my bet to be man of the match