Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

TheLiverBird

All it takes is one moment too steal the game

but Villarreal have posed zero threat so far, and we’ve been entirely dominant, just not clinical enough yet on finishing, but only one team looks close too that, Liverpool

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
See the floodgates opening if one goes in for the Dippers. Villareal are hardy but they lack enough skill and intelligence on the break to get in behind the Dippers. Only way I see them winning is on pens if they somehow keep out the Dippers in this leg and next or some sort of freak goal and defend for their lives.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Only 165 minutes to hold out for that Penalty shoot out . Cmon Villareal the CAF is praying for you. :yawn:

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Liverpools pressing is far better than ours was against Villareal.

However this game looks very similar to our 2nd leg against them, Liverpool had some better chances though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Emery very well knows how to make them play as a team. They aren't exactly 11 man behind the ball. They defend, press high and is very aggressive too.

Now watch then concede blunders in the second half.

NewYorkRed

See the floodgates opening if one goes in for the Dippers. Villareal are hardy but they lack enough skill and intelligence on the break to get in behind the Dippers. Only way I see them winning is on pens if they somehow keep out the Dippers in this leg and next or some sort of freak goal and defend for their lives.
If they can take a 0-0 back to Spain then I can see them scoring once or twice at home. That is a huuuuge if though.

allen7

Liverpools pressing is far better than ours was against Villareal.

However this game looks very similar to our 2nd leg against them, Liverpool had some better chances though.
Do you think villareall could come out of a win or draw today?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Villarreal are playing with fire trying to dribble through that Liverpool midfield press. Instead, quick one-touch passing will cut Liverpool open and get Danjuma and Chukwueze in behind with their pace.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Here is my question to United fans.

Who would you rather win the CL if they are both in the final?

If I was a United fan I would prefer Liverpool win it.
It's a ridiculous question as it doesn't work like that. City, of course.

edcunited1878

Villareal are playing with fire as their insistence to dribble through the middle has caused them to lose possession too much. No point in dribbling through the middle if there are no runners or outlets ahead of you.

But if one of the dribbles breaks through, then Liverpool will be on the back foot.

For Liverpool...Origi can play a role and will provide a different option if things remain the same.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Refreshing to see a ref not taking any nonsense from the dippers. You can see how their players and library crowd are bemused they aren't getting decisions they aren't supposed to get. He'll probably cave in eventually but at least he has lasted an entire half longer than domestic refs do.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
By the way, what is Mane taking to be constantly running this aggressively despite supposedly fasting due to Ramadan? It’s absurd we are expected to believe this is all natural.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Do you think villareall could come out of a win or draw today?
I don't think so, no.

But on the other hand they didn't look like scoring against us for 85 minutes in the 2nd leg as well.

PoTMS

If the Villarreal midfielders were a little bit more clever and little bit more composed with the ball, they could find Chukwueze and Danjuma 1v1 on the break.

PoTMS

How do Liverpool play cross field passes pinch perfect but our players struggle to pass to the man 5 feet away from them?