g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

Bole Top

Coutinho and Vidal in first 11 susprise me. I can actually see Vidal getting the card early and then playing like shit for the rest of the game. on the paper it looks like one of the slowest Barca sides I've ever seen.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
TAA and Firmino have injuries?
Firmino has been struggling with a small muscle tear. He was expected to be fit but clearly not risking him for the full 90.
Trent being out is probably just down to tactics

Hoof the ball

Barca seem to struggle with pace/press so I can easily see Liverpool scoring 1 or 2 tonight. That front 3 movement will give all kinds of fits to Barca's back line. On the flip side, I can't really predict how Liverpool will look defensively.
They're the most press resistant side around. Saying that Barca struggle with press is basically saying that everyone does. That's a given.
They faced Betis' press, which is even more aggressive than Liverpool's since they press even in the oppositions box. If they handled Betis' press, they'll handle Liverpool's.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Looks like a diamond. Firmino not fit though as he’d always start if so.

WhoAreYou?

Supports
Barcelona
Liverpool's away form against the top English sides:
1-2 vs. City
2-1 vs. Spurs
1-1 vs. Arsenal
1-1 vs. Chelsea
0-0 vs. United

What am I supposed to be scared of? Fabinho containing Messi? Their front three, who failed to scored more then we did against Spurs and United?

And then I read "Barca can't handle the pressing" - you obviously don't watch La Liga, because if you would, you would know some teams press like absolute crazy: Eibar and Real Betis don't press any less then Liverpool. In 2019 we haven't failed against any high pressing team.

I fear no one. Yes, quote me after the match when we got 'battered' and 'got at', but I don't see any reason why we would fail.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
They're the most press resistant side around. Saying that Barca struggle with press is basically saying that everyone does. That's a given.
They faced Betis' press, which is even more aggressive than Liverpool's since they press even in the oppositions box. If they handled Betis' press, they'll handle Liverpool's.
How does Betis compare to Liverpool when it comes to attack? Barca could very well handle the press but could they handle Liverpool's front 3?

Treble

Did they handle it though? Didn't they lose 3:4 at Camp Nou? Or it wasn't Betis?

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
These score suggestions are insane, literally within 5 posts you'll have like 8 different score guesses. :lol: I truly have no idea how this will pan out.

Hoof the ball

How does Betis compare to Liverpool when it comes to attack? Barca could very well handle the press but could they handle Liverpool's front 3?
Press aggression has nothing to do with the quality of a given player. If Betis' press is better, it's better because they execute it better, regardless of their ability on the ball.

Handling their quality is another thing altogether, however, which I'll concede Liverpool are far superior to Betis.

Stocar

There's less control in midfield without Arthur, but seeing that Liverpool line up, Vidal is a reasonable selection. He's been in great form last few games, and adds energy and drive to that midfield. It seems Liverpool will be very defensive here, which is also reasonable and expected.

Rajma

Vidal instead of Arthur:lol: Valverde at it again, such a defensive minded coach. Vidal is completely done at this level he couldn’t keep up with us let alone Liverpool. I’m actually mad right now after seeing the lineup.

Rajma

Coutinho and Vidal in first 11 susprise me. I can actually see Vidal getting the card early and then playing like shit for the rest of the game. on the paper it looks like one of the slowest Barca sides I've ever seen.
It really is a poor show by Valverde, I’m really pissed off and I’m not even a Barca fan (well apart from today).

GoalsGetGirls

Looking forward to this game, we all want a Barca result but if pool come back with an away goal I feel it’s anybodys tie. Should be a high quality game all around.

Going for 2-0 Barca

saivet

Both line ups more defensive than I thought. I think this will be a cagey game unfortunately.

How long has Gomez been fit for? Has he started any games since coming back from injury? I rate him quite highly but he might be a bit rusty

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Messi hat trick tonight please.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
1-2 vs. City
2-1 vs. Spurs
1-1 vs. Arsenal
1-1 vs. Chelsea
0-0 vs. United

What am I supposed to be scared of? Fabinho containing Messi? Their front three, who failed to scored more then we did against Spurs and United?

And then I read "Barca can't handle the pressing" - you obviously don't watch La Liga, because if you would, you would know some teams press like absolute crazy: Eibar and Real Betis don't press any less then Liverpool. In 2019 we haven't failed against any high pressing team.

I fear no one. Yes, quote me after the match when we got 'battered' and 'got at', but I don't see any reason why we would fail.
Barca will boss Pool today. 80%ish possession, 2or3-0 scoreline.

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
If Keita plays at LW, we should be ready for the worst.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
1-2 vs. City
2-1 vs. Spurs
1-1 vs. Arsenal
1-1 vs. Chelsea
0-0 vs. United

We’ve made a lot of conservative choices in big away games this season and tonight’s another case of that. I feel like we play much better when we actually pick a balanced side ala spurs away. Oh well Klopps not perfect. We’ll see how it goes, if we’re still in the tie coming back to Anfield I’ll be delighted.

CognitiveNeuro

Firmino not playing, Gomez at RB when he hasn't started a game in like 6 months, Captain not playing, Fabinho and Keita marking Messi

Changing my prediction to a 4-0 to Barcelona.
Seems like Klopp lost the plot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
1-2 vs. City
2-1 vs. Spurs
1-1 vs. Arsenal
1-1 vs. Chelsea
0-0 vs. United

Wow, you're ever so cocky an individual aren't you.

I really hope it's not horribly misplaced and Barcelona can put a 2 to nil shift in.

As even a 2-1 massively puts it Liverpools way for a "famous Anfield night"

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
KLopp: "If we win it's about boys, if we lose is about me"

no dear, if you lose it's wind, rain, snow, 3 injuries in first half, sprinklers...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Firmino not playing, Gomez at RB when he hasn't started a game in like 6 months, Captain not playing, Fabinho and Keita marking Messi

Changing my prediction to a 4-0 to Barcelona.
Seems like Klopp lost the plot.
You seriously can't think that a Pool team who I'm not sure have actually conceded even 2 goals more than a mere handful of times this season are suddenly taking a pasting.