Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

Henry

Supports
FCB
Can't really make up my mind on this one.

At one hand, Liverpool with its high-energy pressing, fast pace, very quick transition from defense to offense and lethal front three can absolutely cause Barcelona a lot of problems. Especially if we're having one of those meh performances like we did vs you guys in the first leg (It does happen a fair bit nowadays).

On the other hand, Liverpool lost all their away games in the group stages to lesser teams.

If Messi is on fire tonight and Suarez manages to have a night of not being dogshit I think Barca 3-1 Liverpool. Could easily see the reverse happening as well. Really a coin flip game.

Johnny Love

Mane will give Barca's back line all they can handle. They have nobody to deal with him.

Last edited:

Johnny Love

If Pool get any kind of somewhat positive result tonight they will go through because I really believe they will crush Barca at Anfield.

Ban

If Pool get any kind of somewhat positive result tonight they will go through because I really believe they will crush Barca at Anfield.
I think so too. Barcelona is overrated, Liverpool is the best team in Europe right now by far.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If Barca consistently break Liverpool's press I think they will win, if they don't Liverpool will batter them. Will be interesting to see how aggressive their fullbacks are in pushing forward.

vkd

Supports
liverpool
If we go with Milner, Henderson, and Wijnaldum ( ridiculously out of form compared to start of the season ) we will lose this easily.

Praying we go with Henderson, Fabinho and Keita.

Hoof the ball

One brilliant season and Liverpool are apparently walking into Camp Nou and smashing them. :lol:

You know what's an overreaction? to assume that the same team that Real manhandled last year in the CL is the same team that will destroy Barça this year.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’m nervous...

... for the Vermin as Barcelona are going to make their bum-rush football look totally inept and inflexible alá Modric and co. in the Champions League Final last May.

mu4c_20le

I dont like that the scouers play the return leg at home. THey are a different beast in europe, and anything other than a convincing barca win today will not fill me with confidence.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
One brilliant season and Liverpool are apparently walking into Camp Nou and smashing them. :lol:

You know what's an overreaction? to assume that the same team that Real manhandled last year in the CL is the same team that will destroy Barça this year.
Liverpool are vastly improved from the team real 'manhandled' (they didn't, it was a bale wondergoal and 2 karius feck ups) last season. Hence why last season they were 4th and this season they're on course for 97 points.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Liverpool’s is this. Barca aren’t used to teams playing such a fast high tempo. Liverpool could easily score 1 or 2 away goals.

Jinx

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Barca will walk this. Different class.
:lol: Different class, in one of their worst La Liga seasons in the last decade. They eliminated I don’t know who in the Round of 16 and United in the QFs at walking pace.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think Pool will get a win tonight. Their high energy combined with the attacking talent should put them in a very good position for Anfield. They want to win something big this season and because of Klopp and the assembled team they'll be fighting until the end. Pique and their defence look vulnerable, in the last years they took some beatings.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I dont like that the scouers play the return leg at home. THey are a different beast in europe, and anything other than a convincing barca win today will not fill me with confidence.
I used to prefer the second leg at home but I actually think we're more suited to playing at home first. When we beat City, Roma, Utd (in the Europa League), we were at home first and in all cases made it a herculean task for our opponents to our core us in the second leg knowing that one goal from us would effectively end the tie.
Going to be a good couple of games bu I do think that Barca will get through (might just be the pessimist in me though)

Cait Sith

Liverpool’s is this. Barca aren’t used to teams playing such a fast high tempo. Liverpool could easily score 1 or 2 away goals.

Jinx
Yeah, mate. Not used at all. Prime Ronaldo, Marcelo, Bale, Di Maria, Modric, Benzema were playing slow motion football. Barca won't know what hit them once Liverpool enter Camp Nou with their budget MSN and garbage midfield.

Got me with the white text. :D

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think we need to score. A 0-0 gives Barcelona more options for going through in the second leg.

2-2 would be decent going back to Anfield.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
If we go with Milner, Henderson, and Wijnaldum ( ridiculously out of form compared to start of the season ) we will lose this easily.

Praying we go with Henderson, Fabinho and Keita.
I don't think Keita will start. He didn't start against Munich. I know he's improved since then but I think Klopp will go for tried and tested. I imagine it'll be Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Should be an easy win for Barcelona, 3-1 or 4-1. Liverpool midfield seems way to weak to me to be able to compete against Barcelona.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Reading through the last few pages of this thread, anyone would think this Liverpool side is unbeatable.

They haven't won anything in years.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
What surprises me is how confident the scouse fans are about their team scoring in Camp Nou at least two, that Busquets-Alba-Piqué-Lenglet-Ter Stegen won't know what hit them, etc. but for some reason they are sure Arthur (Cou?), Rakitic, Messi, Suárez-Dembélé will be unable to create chances and score.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
... first thought is, great, something to look forward to this evening. A feast of fear-free, shadenfreude, popcorn, RAWK-meltdown high speed footy. And to cap it all, unmerciful Mersey Misery over a couple of pints of mid barrel, mid-cream Guinness. But then a crack appears in the perfect picture, and an awful creeping unease comes over me. I remember Ken Early and his theories; I remember L'pool at their fluid best this season, Mane and all the rest of it. A horribly vivid green and red scoreboard drifts into view, saying Barca 1 Pool 5. All my little inner anti scouse demons scuttle back to their hideouts. What else is on telly tonight? But then a new idea occurs. Just fecking enjoy it. This is going to be a fascinating test of the pressing game, of Cruyff's wet dream taken to the zenith. I am still convinced that Barca have that something extra, extra in control, in poise, in assuredness. Closing them down will take the energy x4 it takes to stifle United for example. Liverpool (I assure myself, and the doubting demons) will be shattered by the second half. So; on mature reflection, I think Liverpool will score early, and then concede three.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Jinx
This will be a Messi show, with Pool barely getting any balls. 2or3:0.