g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
@Casanova85 you have been talking the billy big bollocks about Barca all the while shitting on us as you do it, if we win tonight you’ll look silly. We may very well lose tonight as they have the best player of all time playing for them but you’ve been making it out like we are Forest Green Rovers for a while now. You can hate Liverpool whilst still recognising we have a tremendous football team mate :lol:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
@Casanova85 you have been talking the billy big bollocks about Barca all the while shitting on us as you do it, if we win tonight you’ll look silly. We may very well lose tonight as they have the best player of all time playing for them but you’ve been making it out like we are Forest Green Rovers for a while now. You can hate Liverpool whilst still recognising we have a tremendous football team mate :lol:

Oh yes, the good old banter; if Barça loses tonight, or worse, wins tonight but collapses at Anfield, I'll take it in the chin.

And I've never said Liverpool are second-fiddle, and hey, they have a team that sure can thrash most PL teams; it just pisses me off how some people are sure Barça will be outplayed-overrun in both matches. As I've said in other threads, I'm worried about the game at Anfield, not tonight. Liverpool should park the bus at CN and try some counters, hoping for a 1-0, a 0-0 and maybe a penalty (0-1). Otherwise this could easily end 3-1.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What surprises me is how confident the scouse fans are about their team scoring in Camp Nou at least two, that Busquets-Alba-Piqué-Lenglet-Ter Stegen won't know what hit them, etc. but for some reason they are sure Arthur (Cou?), Rakitic, Messi, Suárez-Dembélé will be unable to create chances and score.
Who has said that? I predict that Barcelona will score at least twice against us.

I'm confident we can score as well though.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
What surprises me is how confident the scouse fans are about their team scoring in Camp Nou at least two, that Busquets-Alba-Piqué-Lenglet-Ter Stegen won't know what hit them, etc. but for some reason they are sure Arthur (Cou?), Rakitic, Messi, Suárez-Dembélé will be unable to create chances and score.
Where do you find these scouse fans that think we’ll walk it tonight?

You’re favorites as far as I’m concerned.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Who has said that? I predict that Barcelona will score at least twice against us.

I'm confident we can score as well though.
My biggest fear is that we looked to have shat them up a bit in periods, and we've been garbage offensively for a while.

Your lot have the capability to kill a game off in one mental 10-15 minute spell where you score 3 or 4, and that could well happen tonight.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Where do you find these scouse fans that think we’ll walk it tonight?

You’re favorites as far as I’m concerned.
Tired of reading that Liverpool is going to press so high that Messi won't touch the ball and how Liverpool's Big Three are going to give Barça the game of their lives, running like headless chicken trying to catch Mané and Salah...

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
My biggest fear is that we looked to have shat them up a bit in periods, and we've been garbage offensively for a while.

Your lot have the capability to kill a game off in one mental 10-15 minute spell where you score 3 or 4, and that could well happen tonight.
Don't make me dream Alex. :drool:

Tbf I didn't think much of Barcelona at Old Trafford. After they scored they seemed to switch off. I think Busquets was lucky to stay on the pitch?

Our midfield three will be important. Henderson, Milner & Wijnaldum playing together will struggle to create anything imo. I'd play Fabinho instead of Henderson.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He’s by far the worst new poster around.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Tired of reading that Liverpool is going to press so high that Messi won't touch the ball and how Liverpool's Big Three are going to give Barça the game of their lives, running like headless chicken trying to catch Mané and Salah...
Where are you reading that?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF

Tonight? Then again, this is not the PL. I can see Liverpool scoring "one" during one of those spells, but two? Three?? Not at CN, mate.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Don't make me dream Alex. :drool:

Tbf I didn't think much of Barcelona at Old Trafford. After they scored they seemed to switch off. I think Busquets was lucky to stay on the pitch?

Our midfield three will be important. Henderson, Milner & Wijnaldum playing together will struggle to create anything imo. I'd play Fabinho instead of Henderson.
I do think there was an element of them switching off at Old Trafford. They didn't seem that up for it at all considering. Yeah, Busquets was lucky, but ultimately the better team won so no complaints here.

Your biggest challenge will be dealing with their full-backs, particularly Alba, pushing so high. Your full-backs might not be able to push as high as they can in the PL, because they'll just be leaving an absolute ton of space behind them to exploit.

Tonight? Then again, this is not the PL. I can see Liverpool scoring "one" during one of those spells, but two? Three?? Not at CN, mate.
You're more likely to be open to it at home than you are at Anfield.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Sure, but where do you read that? If you’re peaking at rawk it’s your own fault.

always_hoping

Hope i'm proven wrong about Barcelona but i'm trying to figure out how they are going to knock out Liverpool? Their best chance of doing so is winning tonight by 2 or 3-0 but how possible is that to happen? this current Barca side aren't a patch on their 2009,2011 teams. How will their defence the looks loose all season by able to handle Liverpool's front three of Mane,Firmino and Salah and i think Alexander Arnold,Robertson will cause on type of problems with their crosses. Not sure how good that Barca midfield is either? after all Fred and McTominay looked good and played well against Barcelona. If Messi is marked out of game what other players will stand up and lead them to victory tonight?

Inter Yer Nan

Reading through the last few pages of this thread, anyone would think this Liverpool side is unbeatable.

They haven't won anything in years.
Indeed and despite an incredibly lucky run of narrow victories in the league against teams half assing it they are unlikely to win their own domestic league. People are getting too far ahead of themselves and it's not the scousers on here to be fair.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Your biggest challenge will be dealing with their full-backs, particularly Alba, pushing so high. Your full-backs might not be able to push as high as they can in the PL, because they'll just be leaving an absolute ton of space behind them to exploit.
Definitely agree on that but it works the other way around as well. Especially on their right side where Messi won’t track back and Robertson will have a lot of space to roam about.

I think we’re likely to lose the midfield battle and that’ll be key. Hopefully we can bully Arthur a bit, but Rakitic, Busquets and Messi when he drops deep will be a whole lot to handle.

Inter Yer Nan

I do think there was an element of them switching off at Old Trafford. They didn't seem that up for it at all considering. Yeah, Busquets was lucky, but ultimately the better team won so no complaints here.

You're more likely to be open to it at home than you are at Anfield.
I'm expecting Alba to give TAA a very difficult time today.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Indeed and despite an incredibly lucky run of narrow victories in the league against teams half assing it they are unlikely to win their own domestic league. People are getting too far ahead of themselves and it's not the scousers on here to be fair.
Sure, but where do you read that? If you’re peaking at rawk it’s your own fault.
All the fawning is coming from the United fans.

The Liverpool fans have been, as they usually are on this forum, relatively downbeat about their chances.

Inter Yer Nan

I think this is the first match I've ever wanted to see Suarez do well. I hope he scores a couple and wins a penalty as pathetic as the one vs. Lyon. Hope he gets Salah or VVD red carded too. Come on Suarez!

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'm expecting Alba to give TAA a very difficult time today.
Same. He's very hit and miss defensively and can be found wanting. Milner playing on that side of the midfield might help, or Wijnaldum possibly.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Actually have no idea if that's a 4-4-2, a 4-1-3-2 or something else. Trent not starting is a surprise but I think Gomez is better defensively.
Keita at the tip of a diamond would make sense though

Johnny Love

Barca seem to struggle with pace/press so I can easily see Liverpool scoring 1 or 2 tonight. That front 3 movement will give all kinds of fits to Barca's back line. On the flip side, I can't really predict how Liverpool will look defensively.