Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
All about scoring an early goal. If Liverpool do that then Barca will be on edge and the Anfield crowd will provide a lot of support.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It is laughable how underrated Barca are on this forum

Don’t think this is one of their best teams but defensively they did well enough although pool deserved at least a goal

Roma collapse won’t happen again, Barca have learned their lesson

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We all know they'll come out like rabied smack heads in the first 20 and get a goal or two, they always do at that place.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They have good players but world class players? Messi is world class, Raketic and their goalkeeper but the other players are past their peak or just decent/good for that level.
Alba is world class and Suarez is still world class. Suarez is one of the best players if it’s a big match. Pique has been great this season too.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They were well on top for most of it. Problem was without Firmino, Mane and Salah were forced into being creators rather than finishers, their best chance(before they went 3-0 down) came to Milner, and they just couldn't create enough clear chances otherwise

Klopp leaving TAA on the bench and waiting too long to bring on Firmino, too. They fell to pieces for a few minutes after the 2-0, but that happens. This same experienced barcelona side lost 3-0 in Rome a year ago, starting with a 4-1 lead...

Also, thank the gods Dembele is such a waste of talent
Dembele is better than any Madrid player. He’s been immense for Barca this season.

The entire Madrid squad is a waste of talent this season

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I was surprised to learn tonight that was Suarez's 1st Champions League goal in 20 games.

It's BT statistics though so probably bollocks.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
What's the deal with Klopp high five-ing the whole Barca team after the final whistle? Did he ask for Messi's shirt too?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Still they won 3.0. Liverpool need that for ET.
Frankly, Barça not scoring once was more remarkable than Roma scoring 3 (with a weak Barça midfield, including a jaded, past-it Iniesta).

Liverpool's confidence in their "Solid Wall of Bricks Defense" has been shattered tonight. Plus Messi 2019 is always a menace with free-kicks.

2-2 or 2-1. My prediction.

RedDevil@84

What's the deal with Klopp high five-ing the whole Barca team after the final whistle? Did he ask for Messi's shirt too?
That is his "hand of the devil". Remember how he high five-d our whole team and half of them got injured in first half.
Black magic I would say!!

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
We were definitely not bad today. This game was like United's game against Spurs at OT. United were not bad in that game still lost 3-0. I think we gave good account of ourselves but then sometimes individual quality do show up and here we are talking about Messi. He was kept quiet for long period but two chances and he buried both. I wont consider final minute barca chances as we were chasing for away goal and taking more risks.
We'll rue Mane's first half and Salah's second half miss. We now have mountain to climb at Anfield. Dont think we can do that but then Anfield have seen crazier nights. Never say never again.
You played well and could have had 2 goals, But we also played well there and had a chance to go ahead. Then we had a GK mistake. And then came Messi, he done us and he done you too.

Canagel

Wow, being beaten 0-3 by Barca might not be that shocking by itself but how do the teams play like that and end up with this scoreline?
Messi of course. Barce was quite average but the scoreline is thanks for him - like the bayern Munich game in 2015.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’m more annoyed about our finishing than the goals we conceded. We played fairly well but Barcelona have that ruthlessness that we lacked.

I said before the game that Messi only needs to show up for part of the tie to decide it. Incredible free kick. I’m pretty sure that’s 1200 career goals for Ronaldo and Messi now?

I think they’ll score at Anfield so we’ll go out.

We need to pick ourselves up for Saturday.

Giggs86

Very low chance of Liverpool making a comeback without a Barcelona reply along the way. It's PSG level odds, and even that match was a freak incident for us.
They need to score 4 and keep a clean sheet along the way. Against Barca. I'd say the odds are even slimmer than ours against PSG.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Gosh what a satisfying nights entertainment. Liverpool were good, in patches. They were fit, organized, determined. It was interesting to see the press fade and recover as the game went on. The second Barca goal killed their momentum. On balance a fair result. Barca will score at Anfield.

Frank Grimes

This tie is over. Liverpool have a tough game away to Newcastle Saturday night while Barca have 6 days rest. Barca will score at least once in Anfield, can see them winning the 2nd leg never mind the tie. Basically Liverpool need city to slip up or it's another trophyless season.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Can you imagine the Caf ripping into Van D if he was our player after the couple of mistakes he made tonight?