Championship 2023/24

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wasn't it faes who scored 2 own goals against Liverpool.

I seem to remember a game where he was very bad.
Ye that’s the one. He’s always got that in him. But then he’s a threat on attacking corners aswell.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Leicester are getting promoted no matter what. Huge victory for Leeds, you'd fancy to kick on. They play Southampton at home last match. That could be a 'playoff final' before the playoffs

FizzyWomack

I need to see Leeds choke in the playoffs
Crossing all my fingers and toes for this.
I will never understand how Leeds won a 90 minute game 3-1 by playing only 12 minutes of good football...vs Leicester
Those cock roaches may well choke, they looked poor for nearly all of that Leicester game. Although if they do come up, lets not forget that it'll be funny seeing them get beat each week again

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Those cock roaches may well choke, they looked poor for nearly all of that Leicester game. Although if they do come up, lets not forget that it'll be funny seeing them get beat each week again
TBF to them they have been very good in the league last 3 months. But Leicester are at another level. That's why the final 15mins where a real WTF momment.

Red & White

Yeah, this is always the other side of the coin. It’s good for us fans to watch us play against our biggest rivals, each season. We seem to lose to everyone these days, mind, so dunno if I could handle a league loss to these lot!

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I will never understand how Leeds won a 90 minute game 3-1 by playing only 12 minutes of good football...vs Leicester
That's not true. First half was pretty even; they got the goal but other than that we had the better of the chances and you'd expect to take one of them. They were far better for the first 30 minutes of the second half though. Missed two absolute sitters, two other decent chances and had a perfectly good goal ruled out. Good subs by us, poor subs by them . We got an undeserved goal which woke up the crowd, then Leicester lost their heads in the intensity of the atmosphere.

Even first 45, Leicester utterly dominant for 30, Leeds fairly dominant for 15.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Brilliant results today. Leicester are struggling, lost again and Leeds drew. Southampton and Ipswich with big wins. Should be a cracking end to the season

Loftus Road Lad

Supports
QPR
Not sure if they have loads of injuries or if that was their best team, but Leicester were awful. I would never have believed it before with the huge gap they had, but good chance they don't make automatics if they carry on playing like that. Even if they go up they'll be coming straight back down.

Munkehboi

What a fantastic league! A lot of focus up the top but it's very tight at the bottom. Only 6 points separating 12th place Watford and 22nd Stoke. Mental!

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Not sure if they have loads of injuries or if that was their best team, but Leicester were awful. I would never have believed it before with the huge gap they had, but good chance they don't make automatics if they carry on playing like that. Even if they go up they'll be coming straight back down.
we didn't strengthen in January and we lost a CM because Chelsea recalled him at the last minute, Ricardo was rested McAteer injured so as soon as Praet went off we didn't have a midfielder to bring on, that said Enzo made some bad choices in swapping KDH to the right of the 8s it just didn't work, both wingers needed to come off at the same time Cannon came on.

Ndidi could be back in a week, maybe 2, cannot state how big that is for us. We've been playing JJ for his defensive abilities but goals are coming from there anyway so we should get Doyle back in who is just so much better on the ball its like watching a different sport

Loftus Road Lad

Supports
QPR
we didn't strengthen in January and we lost a CM because Chelsea recalled him at the last minute, Ricardo was rested McAteer injured so as soon as Praet went off we didn't have a midfielder to bring on, that said Enzo made some bad choices in swapping KDH to the right of the 8s it just didn't work, both wingers needed to come off at the same time Cannon came on.

Ndidi could be back in a week, maybe 2, cannot state how big that is for us. We've been playing JJ for his defensive abilities but goals are coming from there anyway so we should get Doyle back in who is just so much better on the ball its like watching a different sport
To be fair i'd imagine Perreira and Ndidi would make a big difference to the side. I didn't understand why you kept giving the ball to Justin at the end as he kept making poor choices/giving it away.

Why doesn't Iheanacho play? Is he injured? I'd have thought he'd be great at this level.

I don't really care who goes up to be honest, but i'm hoping you guys turn your form around simply because we need you to take some points off our relegation rivals! A bit ridiculous that most of the teams in the bottom half of the table keep picking up points every week! Will need a record number of points to avoid relegation this year.

Red & White

Oh feck off
You’d think with Leeds dropping points before Leicester played they’d be right on it. I watched the game and was very disappointed with the performance. Kept the ball nicely for most of the game but didn’t create much or even look like creating much. 3 loses in a row and it’s a straight play off now with the 4 teams at the top for the 2 places with 11 games to go. I’d rather have the momentum at this stage than the extra 3 points, though. Come on Leicester, sort it out! The sooner they get a win under their belt, the better, as they can go on a run again hopefully then.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
To be fair i'd imagine Perreira and Ndidi would make a big difference to the side. I didn't understand why you kept giving the ball to Justin at the end as he kept making poor choices/giving it away.

Why doesn't Iheanacho play? Is he injured? I'd have thought he'd be great at this level.

I don't really care who goes up to be honest, but i'm hoping you guys turn your form around simply because we need you to take some points off our relegation rivals! A bit ridiculous that most of the teams in the bottom half of the table keep picking up points every week! Will need a record number of points to avoid relegation this year.
Iheanacho is now very much 4th choice, for a long time Daka couldn't get a run in then Vardy and Nacho got injured and he hit the ground running, Cannon had a good spell in the side during AFCON too, Iheanacho had every chance to nail down the spot but didn't take it

Munkehboi

I fancy Ipswich now. Feel like they've had their wobble in Dec/Jan and its the other teams turn. They have, 'on paper' the easier run in than the other teams in the top 4 and momentum. I think the form book can go a little bit out of the window in this league though. Regardless it'll be very exciting, top and bottom. Reckon automatic promotion will go to the last day between Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds. Southampton will miss out.

Could be 3,4 maybe even up to 8 teams trying to avoid relegation come final day.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Leicester are in the shit a little. Both Leeds and Ipswich are going to win a lot of games.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester are in the shit a little. Both Leeds and Ipswich are going to win a lot of games.
so will we, should have beaten both Boro (missed chances) and Leeds (wrongly disallowed second goal), it was never going to stay as comfortable as it looked

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
so will we, should have beaten both Boro (missed chances) and Leeds (wrongly disallowed second goal), it was never going to stay as comfortable as it looked
Should do enough. They’ve had numerous wobbles though that has seen a seriously commanding lead vanish. Another one and they could get narrowly pipped.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Some big games in the Championship today !! Leeds, Leicester & Ipswich all playing today.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Ideally, I would like to see Ipswich and Soton come up, simply because I have a weird soft spot for them from my years as a kid in the early PL years collecting their stickers.

As for the playoffs, I reckon if I do get my wish, Leicester will have too much for everyone else. A heart breaking 99th minute winner for anyone playing Leeds in the final would be very sweet.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Vardy scoring an away goal at Sunderland to fire Leicester towards the title. Where did we hear that before?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sacking Mowbray has to be one of the worst decisions of the season.

Sunderland fans are talking about Ole now.

Northstand

Just caught the last half hour of Ipswich - Bristol City. Great entertainment…enjoyed it more than most United games this season.