Championship/EFL Play-Offs 2022

avgp_1

Wycombe hold on, just needs to get a goal from somewhere. Sunderland could implode

Selbourne

Sunderland with the 2nd. Looks like they're back in the Championship, Wycombe just not shown up at all

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Poor Wycombe but at least now the Akinfenwa media show that was surrounding the club will disappear.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Poor Wycombe but at least now the Akinfenwa media show that was surrounding the club will disappear.
We’ve enjoyed it in fairness. We’ve had people from around the world turn up to watch Wycombe just because of him. A couple of weeks ago we had some Spanish fans and Mexican fans turn up

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We’ve enjoyed it in fairness. We’ve had people from around the world turn up to watch Wycombe just because of him. A couple of weeks ago we had some Spanish fans and Mexican fans turn up
I think it’s a double edged sword.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why? He's been nothing but a positive servant for Wycombe.
Nothing to take away from him and the excellent moments he’s had for the club but it can cause too much attention on one player and too much noise which can sometimes have a negative impact. For Akinfenwa it’s been mostly positive but I think now it can be just about Wycombe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nothing to take away from him and the excellent moments he’s had for the club but it can cause too much attention on one player and too much noise which can sometimes have a negative impact. For Akinfenwa it’s been mostly positive but I think now it can be just about Wycombe.
He gives Wycombe personality as does Ainsworth who's in a rock band and the squad/club thrives off it.

Wycombe done great last few years but ultimately on budget and history it's a lower end league 1/top end league 2 team so think they'll struggle again when Ainsworth moves on in near future.

Incredible to think Sunderland spent 4 seasons in league one. They now have momentum so think mid table next season and then go for promotion the season after.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He gives Wycombe personality as does Ainsworth who's in a rock band and the squad/club thrives off it.

Wycombe done great last few years but ultimately on budget and history it's a lower end league 1/top end league 2 team so think they'll struggle again when Ainsworth moves on in near future.

Incredible to think Sunderland spent 4 seasons in league one. They now have momentum so think mid table next season and then go for promotion the season after.
We will see how they do without him. I think it will be good for the club to create their own personality along with Ainsworth rather than it focusing on a player too much.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Have more European Cups/CL's than most British teams and had one of the greatest manager's in the history of the game. There's history right there. Playing Forest always means something. Playing Sheffield United is just another game.
It's good to see a genuinely big club come back to the top level after so long away too. Unless it's Leeds. Then it's never good.

Fanta Stick

Port Vale have taken an early 2-0 lead against Mansfield in the League Two play off final.

James Wilson with the second - another typical goal poacher's goal heading in off a rebound from the bar.

Nathan Bishop in goal for Mansfield who can't be faulted on either goal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As a Wycombe fan I can definitely see how cruel the playoffs are.
Conference is even sillier, as the team in 6th have just put Wrexham, who finished 2nd out. That's bonkers.

Miserable day for Mansfield so far. Yet at 10 men and 2-0 down they missed a tap in open goal! If that goes in everything changes.

Never mind. My boys face the winners next year, but no preference as both a bloody long drive from Wycombe and have been to both anyway :)

mjstokes85

I was there on Saturday for the league 2 final in the Vale end as my gf and her family are all Vale fans, great performance from Vale, Mal Benning was excellent and you can certainly see the quality of James Wilson, you can tell he's played at a higher level. Mansfield were dreadful and offered absolutely nothing.