g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibers

Seriously, I hope City dick on Liverpool. That fear I had in 2005 is back atm. I would rather see City win 7 trebles in a row than Pool win 1 Cl title.

Hopefully City batter them, are on cloud9 and then get demolished in the semis.

lewwoo

I hate City with a passion but I would still much prefer them to progress over Liverpool. Doesnt even come close.

Siorac

Seriously, I hope City dick on Liverpool. That fear I had in 2005 is back atm. I would rather see City win 7 trebles in a row than Pool win 1 Cl title.

Hopefully City batter them, are on cloud9 and then get demolished in the semis.
Let's not go overboard... I would quit watching football after the third one in a row, or maybe even before.

GeorgieBoy

Surely there can't be anyone here who wants anything other than Man City to progress?! Preferably by a last minute, offside, deflected, handball Sterling goal that didn't quite cross the line to break Liverpool hearts.

gibers

Let's not go overboard... I would quit watching football after the third one in a row, or maybe even before.
lol obviously an exaggeration but I would rather Liverpool carry on the "we go again" Philosophy.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope Pool win this tie. The prospect of seeing Lovren face Messi/CR7 in semis is too good an opportunity to give up

Handsome Devil

I want Pool to win, cause they have no chance after in the semis. City on the other hand have pretty good chance, so I'd rather they get eliminated by Pool.
This.
I am sick and tired of the Pep love on here and I despise everything City stand for, the financially doped lottery winning feckers.
My enemy's enemy is my friend...or something. :houllier:

Treble

It's not that straightforward though. If City win the CL and break PL records while winning the league, you won't hear the end of it.

Skills

Snitch
fecking make ya sick.

Any Liverpool loving feck (except pool fans) on this forum should get nothing but contempt and hostility in a way of 'name change', 'Scouse Lover' tag - for the rest of their days on the Caf, and getting a tagline for being a gimp that doesn't understand the rivalry between United and Liverpool.

Urgh.
The problem is the place is now infested with Mourinho supporters - they would much rather see Liverpool do well, rather than 'Pep getting one over Mourinho'.

This is ultimately where all of this stems from. You'd never have seen this in the Moyes season but I bet plenty on here would now prefer Klopp Liverpool winning the title over Guardiola.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Comparing Guardiola and Klopp’s records in finals, I know which one I’d be more comfortable about reaching another.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The problem is the place is now infested with Mourinho supporters - they would much rather see Liverpool do well, rather than 'Pep getting one over Mourinho'.

This is ultimately where all of this stems from. You'd never have seen this in the Moyes season but I bet plenty on here would now prefer Klopp Liverpool winning the title over Guardiola.
Yeah I understand but supporting Liverpool in any shape or form is alien to me. Even if they in League 2 I'd still support the opposing team.

Some people want Leeds back to the Premier League and I can sort of understand the point of view - it would make 2 games a season much more interesting but feck that! I'm happy they're nothing but a mid table Championship club now.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Doesn't necessary follow even if they beat City.
If we assume that whoever wins the tie will not win the CL, you should either not care who wins or hope Liverpool lose horribly.

Terrible, yes. But Liverpool are far more likely to lose the semis. I still would prefer City to win the tie, mind.
I think no English side will win the CL anytime soon, and hoping who wins between those two being down to a minimal difference in likeliness of who might win the next round seems like a silly reason to hope for a Liverpool win.

Feck pool.

Inter Yer Nan

Even though City would have an actual chance of winning it if they get through I'd rather just see Liverpool smashed to bits and out as soon as possible. It would be lovely to see them miss out on 4th and see how the media spins that as a moral victory and successful season.

Treble

If we assume that whoever wins the tie will not win the CL, you should either not care who wins or hope Liverpool lose horribly.

I think no English side will win the CL anytime soon, and hoping who wins between those two being down to a minimal difference in likeliness of who might win the next round seems like a silly reason to hope for a Liverpool win.

Feck pool.
Maybe you are underestimating City, think they are as good as any of the big non-English clubs now and could well win it.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Maybe you are underestimating City, think they are as good as any of the big non-English clubs now and could well win it.
Maybe you are overestimating them?
Maybe you care too much about if their possibility to win stuff compared to how much you care about the possibility of Liverpool winning stuff?

If City & Pool goes head to head for the Premier League, I'll hope Liverpool makes a mess of themselves every time, why should the Champions League be any different?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Feck pool.
I can recall many wanting Liverpool to beat Jose’s Chelsea in 2005 based on the hate for him, Terry et al, thinking they would get beaten by AC Milan, and that Chelsea could beat Milan.
A pathetic win win situation that blew up in everyone’s faces.

We also went on to lose to Arsenal in the cup.
Yes, feck Pool!

prateik

Do we think Liverpool's league form might be affected because of the CL ties? If so, I wouldnt mind them progressing and getting 2 more games. They arent winning it ahead of the big boys. Them missing out on the top 4 will be a lovely bonus.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I want Liverpool to win this one. More matches, more whining from Klopp, and then they fall out of top 4.
And Barca to beat them in the next round, by an away goal scored by Coutinho or Suarez with the hand in an offside position. :lol:
I really don't want City to win both PL and CL, rather just get them out of it now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hate them both in equal measure.

The only pleasure we United fans can take from this encounter is that one of them will lose. The tears that follow as a result of this loss will be extra sweet.

Acole9

Outstanding
Seriously if anyone on here wants the Scouse to win over City then you're not a United I'm sorry. I know City are our neighbours but the scouse are and always will be our main rivals.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Liverpool tend to win it when they are rank outsiders or get a piss easy draw. The thought of them winning it is far far worse than if City did.

AndyJ1985

I can't even comprehend the idea that a United fan could ever want Liverpool to win in the CL. That's fecking mental.

Sandyman

Do people seriously want Liverpool to win? Maybe some just expect them to win.

City winning would take them a step closer to winning the CL. City winning the CL will be unthinkable.
However, Liverpool reaching the semi-finals of the CL will be seen as a huge progress for them and should be avoided at all costs.

Hopefully, City spank Liverpool and then themselves get spanked in the semis.

Walters_19_MuFc

I want Liverpool to win, because I know there's more of a chance they'll go out if they progress to the semi's. Their back line is just not good enough to keep out the attack's of the Bayern, Madrid, Juve, etc.

If City get to the semi's, with them already being the favourites, I fear they could go onto win it.

Liverpool have played City twice now. They beat them at Anfield, and Klopp always seems to give Pep's teams quite a bit of trouble.

Kaos

This might not be popular but I honestly think City have more of a chance of catching up to our European trophy tally than we do to Liverpool's as things are. So I'm gonna go with the Scouse on this one, as much as it pains and disgusts me.

Also I'm more confident of the the big giants dicking Liverpool's defence and big game bottler Klopp whereas I genuinely believe Abu Dhabi FC are serious contenders

Kapardin

I want Liverpool to win this one. More matches, more whining from Klopp, and then they fall out of top 4.
And Barca to beat them in the next round, by an away goal scored by Coutinho or Suarez with the hand in an offside position. :lol:
I really don't want City to win both PL and CL, rather just get them out of it now.
Eh, why on earth would you want Liverpool to make the Semis of the CL? QF is bad enough, but we will never hear the end of it if they go further. And I doubt CL games would even affect their league form, it isn't as hectic as the Europa. And seriously, Klopp whining about fixture congestion is the reason why you want them to advance in CL after beating the Champions elect?:houllier:

I hope City twat them 10-2 over two legs like Bayern did Arsenal. Without the 2 goals even.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The thing about Liverpool is the fans, they are detestable and that's the main reason I want them to lose, because of thert sence of entitlement.

I have hated City with a horrible hate since before I can remember and now I detest them even more, since they won the lottery.

I can't abide Shitty winning, and Liverpool will be brushed aside in the semis anyway.

Eddy_JukeZ

This makes even less sense than the league to want Liverpool to win. I'm lost for words tbh
I see the reasoning tbf.

People think City are serious contenders and don't think Pool are. So they think Pool will get knocked out in the semis if they progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.