g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

Of course we want Liverpool to progress. That means they knock out City and progress. It's win-win because Liverpool won't beat any of the other top sides.

SirAF

Ageist
Of course we want Liverpool to progress. That means they knock out City and progress. It's win-win because Liverpool won't beat any of the other top sides.
No way, it's not worth the risk!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I just like them more these days.

In my defense, I experienced no bullying from Liverpool fans in my childhood. Then again I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen a Liverpool fan at all in my life. What do they look like? 2 arms and legs, like us, right?

Sigma

In my defense, I experienced no bullying from Liverpool fans in my childhood. Then again I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen a Liverpool fan at all in my life. What do they look like? 2 arms and legs, like us, right?
My thinking too.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
And seriously, Klopp whining about fixture congestion is the reason why you want them to advance in CL after beating the Champions elect?:houllier:
You should read my whole post, i named more reasons than that.

I did forget, though, that Coutinho is probably cup tied for the game, so Suarez has to score the winning goal if they meet.

Fridge chutney

It's a win win. One of those clubs is definitely out. This reduces the chance of one winning the CL and makes it impossible to have the worst final of all time (Bitters vs. Dippers)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The following extremely rare picture, available only to the lucky few, gives clear insight in to your very average, yet distinctive, Liverpool football fan.

This particular picture contains hidden and rare properties, such that if you view it once a day, for a period of no less that 365 days, you will see something new everytime.

Seven Seas Sardines

City out in quarters and Liverpool out in semis, or City to win it all. I know which I'd prefer. City can beat the big ones, while Liverpool won't beat two of Real/Barcelona/Bayern with Karius, TTA, Lovren, VVD and Robertson at the back..

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Definitely don't want City to win it. We don't want their worldwide fanbase to increase the way Chelsea's did.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Genuinely wish they both lose and don't care who progresses. Just want a good series of games and then hope winner gets knocked out in SF.

parkthebuslads

One possible advantage to City winning could be a hastening of their owner getting bored with the project I suppose?

Beyond that, I would usually prefer a Liverpool win, they play the football I like and have a respectable history. But I would like us to eclipse their EC total wins one day...

Tough one! I guess it's not hugely important either way. Should one of them win the thing, it would be a boost for the PL I suppose.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I remember Liverpool winning the CL in a year I didn't think they were serious contenders. Never again. I hope City pulverise them.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
The following extremely rare picture, available only to the lucky few, gives clear insight in to your very average, yet distinctive, Liverpool football fan.
This particular picture contains hidden and rare properties, such that if you view it once a day, for a period of no less that 365 days, you will see something new everytime.
Don’t think that there is anything unique, hidden or rare about that. Had you been looking around Old Trafford wednesday night, there was any amount of similar clips to be harvested. Can’t imagine that you were doing anything different yourself........

saivet

I hope Liverpool go through. Assuming there are no shocks, I think they'll struggle and most likely lose comfortably to one of the other teams, whereas I think if City make it through I think they will have a really good chance of winning the thing.

cyberman

Why do we have to cheer for anybody here?
The fallout will be glorious no matter who wins.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
Out of all the English clubs I feel we are best equipped to beat City. City are obviously favourites but I reckon City fans are far more uncomfortable with the tie than Liverpool fans are.

If we knock City out, whoever we play in the semi finals we are likely to be the underdog but I feel that brings out the best in us so I'd fancy our chances against any side apart from Juventus as they will stink the place out and contain us.

juggernaut1986

Wow, so many people wanting Liverpool to go through. No way. I want them knocked out as soon as possible. Although I have a feeling that the winner of this match will be knocked out in the Semis but there is too much risk.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
feck that. Liverpool can feck off.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No way, it's not worth the risk!
Haha, you sir I see joined Redcafe in 2003. Two years before the glorious 2005 with the Le Tallec and Pongolle gems. You've seen the horrors of war and need to explain it to the kids. :D:cool:

SirAF

Ageist
Haha, you sir I see joined Redcafe in 2003. Two years before the glorious 2005 with the Le Tallec and Pongolle gems. You've seen the horrors of war and need to explain it to the kids. :D:cool:
Yes indeed :lol:

One war is enough! Peace in our time!

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Still can't root for the scouse, even if they were playing Isis Rovers I wouldn't want them to win. I have City supporting friends, I'm not friendly with any red scouse fans.

Green_Red

Would love yo see Liverpool go all the way to the final and have a Bayern 99 style meltdown in extra time just so we can get a few new gifs around here.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Quite frankly, I'd rather see both have an on-the-pitch full on brawl that culminates in them both being kicked out of Europe and Klopp being institutionalised.

Giggs86

The simple reason I prefer Liverpool to progress is that whenever Messi/Ronaldo will meet Karius/Lovren/Robertson, it will be nothing short of a massacre. City, on the other hand, can give Barca/Madrid/Bayern a hard time.

Varun

Staff
The simple reason I prefer Liverpool to progress is that whenever Messi/Ronaldo will meet Karius/Lovren/Robertson, it will be nothing short of a massacre. City, on the other hand, can give Barca/Madrid/Bayern a hard time.
Anything can happen in the KO stages. I'd rather they were fecked off asap

Shamshi

No way in hell I want Liverpool to win this over City, never EVER!

Thinking about it makes me a little nauseous.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I really feel for the true Manc lads by the way and the you have to put up with out of towners. We have to put up with it too.

Back to the footie stuff.

We'll twat them .

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
If we do win it, can the mods keep the CL thread available to read? 2005s CL final thread suddenly disappeared a day later. And it never returned.

SuzieQ

I’ll throw my support behind pool. Can’t stand the oil company. They’re like a rich kid showing off his new flash car, paid for with daddies dollars. Whatever else united fans might want to say about pool, at least they earned their place and didn’t just buy it. IMO.

Handsome Devil

It's not an ideal situation now that we are out but I think hoping for a Liverpool win is merely logistical. Do a little dance when City are beaten, then again in semis when Liverpool are dumped out. People merely think City have a bigger chance of going all the way so let's see them fall first.
Somebody pointed out that a City victory would be hollow and meaningless. We know this, but their fans don't and neither do the media.
So, City out in QF, Scouse in SF then the disturbance in the Force will mend and normal loathing can return.

Varun

Staff
I’ll throw my support behind pool. Can’t stand the oil company. They’re like a rich kid showing off his new flash car, paid for with daddies dollars. Whatever else united fans might want to say about pool, at least they earned their place and didn’t just buy it. IMO.
They can get fecked, earned it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.