Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Oh not everything is biased or a Wum, just everything YOU post .. as we are all aware no matter how much you trumpet to the contrary (get it).
Dry your eyes.

It would do you good to consider alternative perspectives from people outside your bubble of delusion, especially when they have a much better track record of being right.

Saying VVD was at fault for two goals is not biased or WUM, it's a perspective supported by evidence and was also flagged by expert analysts (who I guess are all biased WUMs too).

Your trouble is you're so easily wound up by words on an internet forum, that even fair points appear as a WUM in your muddled mind.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
Our problem is we always suffer a hangover after a big win

It happened earlier in the season when we beat Arsenal 4-0, we immediately got tonked by City at the Etihad and then suffered draws against Sevilla and Burnley.

Last year, we beat Arsenal 4-3 and then lost the next game to Burnley. We beat Man City 1-0, then drew the next game against Sunderland. We beat Spurs 2-0, then lost the next game to Leicester.

Up until yesterday the 3 games we had lost, only one of them was to a bottom half team

We've drawn too many as well

We need the ability that you guys had for 20 years in grinding out results on a regurlarly basis when having an off day
Yup, it’s really frustrating.

But you know what? It’s a nice problem to have. Every club has something they need to work on right? Little projects that need addressing.

One of our projects is how do we destroy the smaller teams like we do the top teams?

That’s a nice problem to have. As a manager that’s gotta be a good one to solve.

Rafateria

I didn’t see this particular goal but in general I’ve always felt that he’s not as dominant in the air as he should be for someone his size.
Overall I think he’s a very good defender with potential to get better but that price... wow
The price is beyond our control though (and as I'm always hearing with Pogba - who really cares) however he is far superior to the current incumbent (whether you consider that Lovren or Klavan). Aerially his stats are simply awesome already in the two matches he's started. I've no doubt that trend will continue.

Van Dijk v Everton:

5 Aerial Duels won (more than anyone)
79 Touches (Second most on the pitch)
2 Shots on target (More than anyone)
1 Goal.
2 Interceptions (Most for Liverpool)
62 Passes (More than anyone on the field)
4 Long Passes (More than anyone for Liverpool).

I can't find stats for the Swansea game. Some will blame him for the Swans' goal but that would be really really harsh given the circumstances of the goal. Otherwise he was again dominant in the air and was also involved in our three closest attempts (his header, the chip to Salah to fire over and the chip for Firmino's header at the death).

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Are Liverpool fans cheering for United to beat Tottenham to help them in the race for top 4?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Are Liverpool fans cheering for United to beat Tottenham to help them in the race for top 4?
You're having a laugh intcha?

Draw, followed by a Spurs win. If those two don't happen then a utd win won't kill us. :)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I want spusp to wwi all the way

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
We still can't create shit.

A midfield consisting of any combination of Henderson/Can/Wijanldum/Milner is toothless.

That midfield just has energy, that's it. They can all run for days... but there's not enough goals/assists and defensively its less than solid to say the least.

I could be wrong here, but surely the ideal midfield 3 would be someone who sits deep and does the defensive work, someone whos the engine/box to box, and someone creative (Coutinho :()

Most teams have one player that plays the engine in midfield, we seem to have 3.
That leaves Salah, Mané and Firmino to do all the creative work and across a front three that's hard to do because it's all too linear.

Still... 3pts in the bag, back to winning ways and Machester United to play Tottenham.
I actually think a United victory would suit us better here.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Any result bar a Spurs win for me tonight. Keeps Spurs at arms length ahead of Sunday.

Finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th makes no difference anymore. All come with the same desired outcome.

The sooner the top 4 race is closed off the better as far as I'm concerned.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
City 15 points ahead and Liverpool just the 3 behind. Well done dippers cheerers, you're a very bright bunch!

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Draw or Spurs win all the way. Either way there'll be 5 points between us and either one of them. But I'll be hoping Spurs win because, you know, Liverpool.

Dolf

I hate seeing Liverpool so close to us but i want them to win this just to screw Spurs:
If Spurs don't get CL football (or even EL) they won't be able to keep hold of their players since they already underpay them and Real Madrid is going to come for Kane. It might just be the death of them.

SirAF

Ageist
I hate seeing Liverpool so close to us but i want them to win this just to screw Spurs:
If Spurs don't get CL football (or even EL) they won't be able to keep hold of their players since they already underpay them and Real Madrid is going to come for Kane. It might just be the death of them.
That would be nice, but I still want liverpool to lose!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Harry Kane has a contract until 2022. Spurs aren't going to sell him this summer.

SirAF

Ageist
Harry Kane has a contract until 2022. Spurs aren't going to sell him this summer.
He would have to make a fuss for that to happen, unfortunately he doesn’t seem to be the type to do that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I can’t believe what I just read

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No brainer to want Liverpool to lose. Sadly it won't happen given spurs are pathetic at Anfield.

pascell

You've got a 2+2=5 strategy going on here. There's a lot of football left to play this season, even if Spurs lost today, there's a chance of them still getting top 4.

Also, there's no chance they'll sell their big name players ahead of moving into their new stadium, summer 2019 maybe but not this summer. I'm pretty sure as soon as they're settled in their new stadium, they'll have more funds available and the big players will get new contracts.

Not sure why anyone would want a Liverpool win when they're so close to us, a draw would be the best result.

Dolf

I can't be 100% sure ofcourse but i really feel like Spurs wouldn't reject a 200 million pound offer for Kane. Also would Kane really fancy staying at Spurs when he could be Real Madrids main striker?

I can’t believe what I just read
I know right, i can't believe it either but i'm confident that we will stay ahead of Liverpool so i'd rather see Spurs lose their players.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I can't be 100% sure ofcourse but i really feel like Spurs wouldn't reject a 200 million pound offer for Kane. Also would Kane really fancy staying at Spurs when he could be Real Madrids main striker?

I know right, i can't believe it either but i'm confident that we will stay ahead of Liverpool so i'd rather see Spurs lose their players.
I’d rather not leave to chance, they’re picking up points. Besides remember Istanbul? I can’t believe people get so Blaise

tony54

I'm guessing there will be sick feckers on here cheering every Scouse goal tomorrow?
I actually watched the second half, nothing better to do. In my opinion Tottenham's two penalties,
weren't penalties but I think the draw was the best result for us so a good result,

Samid

Must have sucked dropping two points with the last kick of the game. Hope you've shaken off the disappointment.

Samid

Remember when people on here wanted Liverpool to beat City because 'we can catch City'? Such a deluded bunch of posters.

United fans want Liverpool to progress in CL?!

Samid

Can't believe that so called United fans want the scouse bastards to progress in the CL. Do you muppets even know your history? Their already deluded fan base will be even more unbearable for the next 50 years if they are within touching distance of winning another European Cup.

Just get rid of them in this round and hope that the actual European giants take care of City in the next rounds.

SirAF

Ageist
Can't believe that so called United fans want the scouse bastards to progress in the CL. Do you muppets even know your history? Their already deluded fan base will be even more unbearable for the next 50 years if they are within touching distance of winning another European Cup.

Just get rid of them in this round and hope that the actual European giants take care of City in the next rounds.
feck that! Name and shame!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
fecking make ya sick.

Any Liverpool loving feck (except pool fans) on this forum should get nothing but contempt and hostility in a way of 'name change', 'Scouse Lover' tag - for the rest of their days on the Caf, and getting a tagline for being a gimp that doesn't understand the rivalry between United and Liverpool.

Urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.