Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Im going to the Chelsea game tomorrow. Even bought a Chelsea scarf.

I feel a bit dirty.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I fear he might be on the decline, but on his day, he is a top striker and quite technically gifted. I expect him to combine well with Hazard and Pedro, but Chelsea really need some creativity from midfield and the fullbacks. Kovacic offers next to nothing in attack and usually seems reluctant to get into the final third.
That image is interesting. What about Lewandowski?

el3mel

We actually scored 8 more goals than them. Sarri ball ? More like Shiteball.

He had done absolutely nothing except fecking up their midfield and unsettling their second best player with no results to cope for it. Chelsea look hopeless going forward and leaking goals easily at the back.

Can't see him staying beyond this season even irrespective of results because he's up to a clash with Kante on his position with nothing to back him up.

Let's see if he'll go to another meltdown presser now. Chelsea players won't endure another slaughtering in the media and they have no problem driving any manager they don't like out of the club.

Bojan11

Lots of people wanted Sarri here. I wasn’t convinced and after today I’m sure Chelsea fans are starting to think that too.

Ferrers

Supports
Chelsea
Problem is even if we do sack him who do you get in this late into the season.

Doesn’t matter if you have the best striker up top if he gets 0 service and no runs from midfield to support.

cyberman

13 goals in 13 games is a horrendous return.
That's not just a misfiring striker, it goes deeper than that.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Same story of other games this season. Nearly 70% possesion. Lots of square passing without any real creativity against deep defence. V Vulnerable to counter attacks and balls in behind, also lack of motivation I think for this kind of game. Reminds me of late 90s Chelsea teams.

We've produced our best performances this season against teams who have dominated possession against us. Not coincidence me thinks

Sarri got lot of work to do and needs to adapt tactically or won't be around too long.

Jezpeza

Higuain is past it and won’t hit a barn door with a banjo with Chelsea playing those tactics haha

Bojan11

13 goals in 13 games is a horrendous return.
That's not just a misfiring striker, it goes deeper than that.
William and Pedro don’t contribute. Nobody from midfield scoring much. Onus is solely on Hazard and we know he’s not prolific.

DavidDeSchmikes

Chelsea's February games
Huddersfield (h)
Man City (a)
Malmo (a)
Manchester United (h)- FA Cup
Malmo (h)
Manchester City- League Cup final
Tottenham (h)

Canagel

Striker is least of Chelseas issues. There's zero creativity in midfield plus zero width. It's killer combo

Mcking

Kovacic offers nothing in attack. He is all huff and puff. Chelsea have no sort of creativity from midfield.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lots of hype about Kovacic but the guy is a pretty average player.
Think he'd do really well here, problem is what they need in their midfield is a Pogba, De Bruyne, Isco type who will take on the creative burden. Kovacic is really just a classic central midfielder who helps control games but doesn't provide too much creativity and not much goalscoring threat. With Jorginho also there (not to mention Kante), they have 2 sideways passing midfielders and 1 defensive midfielder. Nobody forcing the issue, nobody making runs forward, nobody to be a goal threat, nobody to create.

I thought before the season that both Kovacic and Jorginho would provide way more creativity on the ball but all they do is keep possession without substance. All the onus on Hazard to create anything (and to put it away, even though he is far from a regular goalscorer).

breakout67

Supports
Man City
They've got a broken midfield for no other reason than Sarri being stubborn. Chelsea is not made for tippy tappy football, and they don't get billions injected into the club anymore to build that team like City.

el3mel

Same story of other games this season. Nearly 70% possesion. Lots of square passing without any real creativity against deep defence. V Vulnerable to counter attacks and balls in behind, also lack of motivation I think for this kind of game. Reminds me of late 90s Chelsea teams.

We've produced our best performances this season against teams who have dominated possession against us. Not coincidence me thinks

Sarri got lot of work to do and needs to adapt tactically or won't be around too long.
Basically the new LVG's United.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I fear for his career really. At that age nobody knows what he's best at, not even he knows it.
He has these moments where he shows some great ball-carrying skills and close control. But they're rather sporadic.

It feels like he's a bit passive with regards to his mentality. It's like he can't find a way to play with more intensity. Needs a mental switch.