Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

Robertd0803

Even stranger than Arsenal outplaying them is Chelseas social media team deciding to report Sarris comments word for word. If there was ever a time to gloss over things instead of adding fuel to the fire :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Higuain should solve that problem, somehow.
:lol:

Strange presser from Sarri, the lot at Chelsea have got lord knows how many managers sacked. He could be next on the chopping block if players reaction isn't right.

el3mel

This is going to turn ugly. Chelsea players have no problem downing the tools when manager falls out with them.

BlueHaze

That press conference was something else. Watching the game I understand why he did what he did here. It was truly shocking to watch Chelsea playing such trash football against Arsenal. The problem for him though is that this is probably going to end up as one of the main reasons for his inevitable departure. He can only hope the players will not turn their backs on him now or he will be gone swiftly.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Whilst I don’t agree with him calling the players out......it’s totally true.

How many years have arsenal been Chelsea’s bitch? Seems they always bend over for Chelsea. It’s s proper shocking day if Arsenal show more steel than you, especially for chelsea

el3mel

Imagine saying that the squad who had won the league 2 seasons ago minus 2 players is weak mentally. The players aren't going to take it lightly.

The circus will be fun if they drop more points now. I'll get the popcorn to enjoy watching.

Bola

I believe Sarri had a dig at the players in his presser, I’ll tell you what he’ll be gone before long.

If one thing Chelsea are consistent with is sacking the manager when the players cba playing.
Talksport indicated that the interview emphasised np change in the tactics, despite have few shots on target in the last wmfew games.

It's a very cautious approach for a big team and as others have highlighted, does not seem to be getting the best out of their star players.

I've increased in confidence that United can overhaul Chelsea

Bola

If Sarri is trying to use Kante in the wrong position and is struggling for a striker, I wonder if Chelsea would entertain a swap deal for Lukaku?

InfiniteBoredom

Well, it’s a suicidal approach for sure, but on the other hand, I’d be blowing my lid off too if Arsenal, the quintessential big game fannies, just outfought my team.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When Jose does it, he does it in a certain manner which makes you think 'mind games'. This was not that. This was a personal and blunt attack/message to the players.

freeurmind

weak willed
Sarri being Sarri, nothing really to see here. He needs new defenders and to give more opportunities to the likes of Barkley and Hudson-Odoi. You can understand his frustration but it's hard to see with this group given their history how this will make things better.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
When Jose does it, he does it in a certain manner which makes you think 'mind games'. This was not that. This was a personal and blunt attack/message to the players.
I agree. Although, he might get away from this once but he won't last if he is attacking his player like that for the 2nd time.

Another manager who is blaming others. He needs to look at himself what he did wrong too, why is he not playing his players in their best position like Hazard & Kante, both are world class players.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Where is Christensen? I thought he was going to be a mainstay in the Chelsea defence for years to come

Alemar

If Sarri is trying to use Kante in the wrong position and is struggling for a striker, I wonder if Chelsea would entertain a swap deal for Lukaku?
I would take that in a heartbeat to be frank. Kante would be ideal Matic replacement / additional midfield depth

prateik

Not ferocious or aggressive enough? This would have been believable if they had played some other team.. saying that after playing the most fragile of the "big" clubs is just weird.

If you are mentally weaker than Arse, you have serious serious issues.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not ferocious or aggressive enough? This would have been believable if they had played some other team.. saying that after playing the most fragile of the "big" clubs is just weird.

If you are mentally weaker than Arse, you have serious serious issues.
Agree with this. Arsenal has been known as bottle team under Wenger and some of their players are part of Wenger's bottle boys. Chelsea's current players on the other hand is 2 league winner title, as bad as their mentality, something wrong with the team or the manager if 2 league winner title squad have weaker mentality than Arsenal.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
They need to change formation. Go back to 4-2-3-1 or something.

-------------------Courtois
Azipilcueta---Rudiger----Luiz-----Alonso
----------------Jorginho---Kante---------
Willian-----------Hazard-------------Pedro
-----------------Giroud(Higuain)-----------

Suedesi

Their performance reminded me so much what we were like under LVG. Completely boring and never looking like scoring.
Absolutely, it reminds me of LVG's United: slow possession based football with too much build-up. I think part of the problem for Chelsea is that opponents have figured out that to stop Chelsea is to neutralize Jorginho. They also lack pace upfront, which will hardly be resolved by Higuain. No idea why they don't bring some of their strikers on loan like Tammy Abraham or Batshuayi.

Suedesi

I didn't watch much of Napoli under Sarri but my impression is they played in the same way Chelsea do, only more effectively because they had better individuals. One of those individuals was Higuain, when he had this pretty spectacular season:

Seems a strange issue to raise when they're a proven partnership, of sorts.

I see Alonso is well equipped to assist Gonzalo (Circa 5:50)
Also his fastest sprints seem to be when he runs off to celebrate...

Suedesi

I got news for you, but Courtois is no longer there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just seen Sarri interview. Well fecking hell that's the beginning of the end.

Got to feel for Sarri cultists.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Agree with this. Arsenal has been known as bottle team under Wenger and some of their players are part of Wenger's bottle boys. Chelsea's current players on the other hand is 2 league winner title, as bad as their mentality, something wrong with the team or the manager if 2 league winner title squad have weaker mentality than Arsenal.

either that or mentality is a made up thing and none of us has the first clue who has it or who doesn't

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sarri hasn't been all that at Chelsea taking into consideration the recent form but going into the season with Morata as your number 9 was a suicidal decision. Regardless of that, Chelsea look far too toothless. Expectations were higher from the manager than we've seen this far in his 1st season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He accuses players of failing to adapt but is failing to adapt himself.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
He accuses players of failing to adapt but is failing to adapt himself.
I'm really struggling to think how much he could have improved on the current position having to play without a striker (unless you're referring to his current comments).

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He seems to be getting at a lack of big characters in the dressing room. No Terry or Costa these days, Cech, Lampard, Drogba long gone. He probably has a point, not sure if making public a good idea.

Tactically if we want to keep 4 3 3 away from home and against decent top 6 opposition we need to change how we play it. Drop Sarri ball and Jorginho, play deeper with Kante at dm and play counter attacking football. Emery had us all figured out yesterday trying to play out from the back like Barcelona...

At home and away against bottom 14 play Sarri ball as we are now, we should also rotate Kante in the RM slot with one of the more attacking midfield options.

Hopefully we'll never see Hazard as false 9 again. Need a striker on the pitch and our midfield needs to get balls in behind to them.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm really struggling to think how much he could have improved on the current position having to play without a striker (unless you're referring to his current comments).
This is true.

Our direction of travel is definitely down though. Going to be interesting how we line up against Spurs. Should we play Kante?

They won't have Kane and Son and we need to win by 2 goals. Away goals don't matter and there isn't extra time.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

This is correct apart from the keeper from Madrid